With all the heat on Dino... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

With all the heat on Dino...

And refuses to go all in on the 1 receiver that could actually be good *cough cough Alford* because he doesn’t “understand the offense fully”.

Alfords hands haven’t proven to be the greatest.

I believe JW will retain DB but Gilbert will be shown the door, especially if the Pitt game looks like the 3 prior games with 50 yards of passing offense. Gilbert stinks

I’m pretty positive that Shrader has broken ribs from when he got absolutely leveled at VT.

It’s no coincidence that since that game he has been meh.

Reminder Dino said when he walked up to Shrader on the field, he said that Shrader could barely breath and was coughing/choking.

I wouldn’t give up on Shrader just yet. Just like we didn’t count basically and of last season for TD because he was also suffering from a similar injury

I believe JW will retain DB but Gilbert will be shown the door, especially if the Pitt game looks like the 3 prior games with 50 yards of passing offense. Gilbert stinks

Isn’t Gilbert the OC and the QB Coach?

The QB Coach is responsible for not getting DeVito over the hump and the QB will be the one who needs to improve Shrader as a “passer”.

Not going to happen. DB does not want to change the O. That was the reason he brought in Gilbert. He needed to bring I. an OC with different views that he could mold with his style. Unfortunately not going to happen.

The offense has already changed. A slower more deliberate offense with a strong running game wasn’t the offense when Dino got here.

Evolve or die.

We need a new system if Dino stays. We should extend Dino will a smaller buy out for both us and him. That will allow him to hire a new OC. Go RichRod or Utah system. That will give me hope. Still need to find WRs though.
I wouldn’t mind seeing them implement Wake’s offense with the super extended RPO. Really helps pass protection where we have historically struggled . Nobody else in college currently runs this “Gimmick” or “Offense” .

Isn’t Gilbert the OC and the QB Coach?

The QB Coach is responsible for not getting DeVito over the hump and the QB will be the one who needs to improve Shrader as a “passer”.

The offense has already changed. A slower more deliberate offense with a strong running game wasn’t the offense when Dino got here.

Evolve or die.
He’s also the reason Shrader came here

Alfords hands haven’t proven to be the greatest.
His hands have been fine. Every receiver drops a couple. His blocking (particularly for a guy of his size) on the other hand...

I’m pretty positive that Shrader has broken ribs from when he got absolutely leveled at VT.

Reminder Dino said when he walked up to Shrader on the field, he said that Shrader could barely breath and was coughing/choking.

I wouldn’t give up on Shrader just yet. Just like we didn’t count basically and of last season for TD because he was also suffering from a similar injury
He is definitely hurt

I wouldn’t mind seeing them implement Wake’s offense with the super extended RPO. Really helps pass protection where we have historically struggled . Nobody else in college currently runs this “Gimmick” or “Offense” .

We still need the QB and WRs to pull it off. They are having a great year this year but it isn't every year. They have done well when they have a good QB. Does their system make their QB better or has it been more Hartman and SR Wolford making the O look better? In which case it is the player and not the system? If our problem is getting a QB and getting WRs, I would prefer to have a system that isn't passing centric.

ACC games PPG
2021 2nd SR Hartman
2020 5th JR Hartman
2019 5th SO Hartman and JR Newman
2018 6th FR Hartman and SO Newman
2017 3rd SR Wolford
2016 13th
2015 13th
2014 14th
2013 13th

Last edited:
That’s great. Now Gilbert has to improve Shrader’s game, and Morgan and Lamson.

Is he up to it?
Don’t know. But it’s worth remembering

There’s a lot of truth here that people don’t realize. I have yet to bring it up because of the similarity to the Devito situation in the past.

Shrader having broken ribs potentially, is pretty relevant data point though then it begs the question why is the coach letting him suit up? Even torn cartilage causes significant pain. Would explain the regression in throwing.

If Shrader doesn't improve by the Spring give Lamson the keys.
Teams have us figured out and Shrader has to significantly improve as a passer or he needs to sit. I hope he gets some great coaching during the off season as he has all of the qualities you want in a QB but he has to be able to make teams respect the pass.
Based on what exactly?

We still need the QB and WRs to pull it off. They are having a great year this year but it isn't every year. They have done well when they have a good QB. Does their system make their QB better or has it been more Hartman and SR Wolford making the O look better? In which case it is the player and not the system? If our problem is getting a QB and getting WRs, I would prefer to have a system that isn't passing centric.

ACC games PPG
2021 2nd SR Hartman
2020 5th JR Hartman
2019 5th SO Hartman and JR Newman
2018 6th FR Hartman and SO Newman
2017 3rd SR Wolford
2016 13th
2015 13th
2014 14th
2013 13th
Just at WF, Clawson has developed John Wofford, Jaime Newman, and Sam Hartman in pretty darned good QB's. None of them were highly touted. That's the type of coach we need.

Don’t know. But it’s worth remembering

Remembering that Gilbert is worth something? Beyond points in a trivia contest, what is that worth?

Are you suggesting CDB keep Gilbert as the OC/QB Coach because Gilbert recruited Shrader?

I’m saying the recruiting link is irrelevant at this point to me.

What matters is if Gilbert can coach Shrader into a better passer. And, if Gilbert or any QB Coach can develop Morgan and Lamson into quality quarterbacks.

I hope Gilbert calls a great game tomorrow.

I hope Shrader plays a great game tomorrow.

There’s a lot of truth here that people don’t realize. I have yet to bring it up because of the similarity to the Devito situation in the past.

If Shrader, with broken ribs, still gives us our best shot at winning, that doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence about Morgan.

Lamson is a true freshman who didn’t have a senior year in high school, so anyone that was expecting something from him this season is nuts.

If Shrader, with broken ribs, still gives us our best shot at winning, that doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence about Morgan.

Lamson is a true freshman who didn’t have a senior year in high school, so anyone that was expecting something from him this season is nuts.
Morgan is a below average QB at the P5 level. Slow reactions, slow release, slow feet.

He can maybe improve to serviceable backup. But wasn't exactly inspired by what I saw from him last year. Not sure what many here were seeing, quite honestly.

If Shrader doesn't improve by the Spring give Lamson the keys.
Teams have us figured out and Shrader has to significantly improve as a passer or he needs to sit. I hope he gets some great coaching during the off season as he has all of the qualities you want in a QB but he has to be able to make teams respect the pass.

Nonsense.

I wasn't going to say anything, because players deserve privacy, but Shrader sustained a rib injury on that final play against VT. THAT'S why he has struggled the past two games. Even so, he's soldiered on and played, despite being in a lot of pain.

Some of the assessments expressed about him are garbage.

I wasn't going to say anything, because players deserve privacy, but Shrader sustained a rib injury on that final play against VT. THAT'S why he has struggled the past two games. Even so, he's soldiered on and played, despite being in a lot of pain.

Dino doesn’t do his players any favors by keeping things so secretive. And I don’t think he does it because of concern for a player’s privacy. He does it out of paranoia that the opponent may find out.

If he were an admin, he’d probably delete this whole thread.

Meanwhile, the fan base is left to think nothing more than…

65E41BEA-9026-4C6D-82E8-A57D5F3CBB19.gif

Last edited:
Nonsense.

I believe you, just to start out with that. Didn’t Dino make a comment last game or the game before that the passing was terrible? He usually doesn’t say things like that so I’m curious why he would do that if he knew GS has a rib injury?

Nonsense.

I don’t doubt you at all, but if he’s hurting that much I’m surprised we call so many designed QB runs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom