With Charlie Strong headed to Texas | Syracusefan.com

With Charlie Strong headed to Texas

PhatOrange

Living Legend
What Louisville recruits are George Macdonald going to call ? I think there's a couple.

A lot of the Fla kids they have for next year are WRs. They have a safety named Michael Johnson, big kid at 6'3" who is from Fla. wouldn't mind GM giving him a call. I don't think we were in on any of their commits but it is never too late

Didn't see a single 'Ville commit with an SU offer in one of those national data bases.

Strange, I know.

shady's best hope is a special teams coach and very lucky to become a D.C.

Excited to see Strong spend all his time recruiting Texas instead of going to Florida. Weird move on his part.

Last edited:
Excited to see Strong spend all his time recruiting Texas instead go Florida. Weird move on his part.
I agree...it just doesn't seem like a good fit for either party.

I understand that there are 25 million reasons why Strong took the job but most of his recruiting ties are in Florida and the SE. From a Texas perspective, it just seems odd.

RMH44 said:
I agree...it just doesn't seem like a good fit for either party. I understand that there are 25 million reasons why Strong took the job but most of his recruiting ties are in Florida and the SE. From a Texas perspective, it just seems odd.

Sounds like a "if Texas offers you go" and figure out the details later.

One less FL recruiter? Sounds okay to me.

Funny thing is Strong is a noted recruiter. Don't all kids in the state of Texas already dream of playing for Texas anyway?

Lville now middle of ACC Atlantic with Cuse. No Strong and Bridgewater knocks them down a few spots...

I agree...it just doesn't seem like a good fit for either party.

I understand that there are 25 million reasons why Strong took the job but most of his recruiting ties are in Florida and the SE. From a Texas perspective, it just seems odd.

You don't need recruiting ties at Texas, it recruits itself. What you need is a talent evaluator and motivator.

Texas is the A #1 program in one of the most talent rich states. You can only bring in 25 guys at a time. They need someone who can identify the best of the best and politely tell the rest they need to talk to the rest of the B12, SEC, PAC12, Big1o and ACC.

You don't need recruiting ties at Texas, it recruits itself. What you need is a talent evaluator and motivator.

Texas is the A #1 program in one of the most talent rich states. You can only bring in 25 guys at a time. They need someone who can identify the best of the best and politely tell the rest they need to talk to the rest of the B12, SEC, PAC12, Big1o and ACC.
I don't disagree with anything you've said and it makes me wonder how many of the current verbal commits Strong will honor. Texas usually has most of their recruiting complete in late spring/early summer.

Is he willing to risk alienating a few Texas HS coaches?

I don't disagree with anything you've said and it makes me wonder how many of the current verbal commits Strong will honor. Texas usually has most of their recruiting complete in late spring/early summer.

Is he willing to risk alienating a few Texas HS coaches?

That is a really interesting question! This Texas job could potentially blow up in Strong's face.

Strong is a pretty sharp cookie. I think he will handle it OK. The guy can recruit and he will own Texas in a few years.
In all fairness...any reasonably intelligent UT head coach, no matter where they're from, should own the state of Texas almost immediately.

TravHaneyESPN Travis Haney
RT @McMurphyESPN: Charlie Strong met w/Louisville staff for 15 minutes this morning & told them decision has not been reached about Texas

Why does this sound similar to the last time he was offered another HC job. Everyone thought he was gone until UL gave him more $$$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom