WMU Postgame Discussion. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

WMU Postgame Discussion.

Game thread is always in panic mode. It is what it is.
Often justified.

But it was obvious that WMU team sucked and we would smack them all the way.

Smh. They hit on one TD play where we screwed up and we dropped a pass, and the rest of the game was all Orange.

Wow now we have issues on the dline based on 2 games where our D has outscored the other teams offenses? Again not a football expert, but from my eyes we have completely collapsed the pocket without even needing to bring much extra pressure and when they brought pressure it was lights out. Maybe I’m watching a different orange and blue team? Illinois?
We definitely have some gamers and they are able to dominate smaller teams but are too thin in the depth chart and too small to keep them from getting bulled over by bigger lines like ND, Clemson, etc

I sure hope that ACCN shows a replay of the game this week. My ACCNX and ESPN+ kept conking out in the first half, so I missed all the TD drives. ACCNX was fine in the second half, but the game was a bore.
They showed Colgate midweek

Likely the same for WMU

I love having Youtubetv...it is set to record for all SU FB games.

Last edited:
Between Brown and Gill sure seems like we found some overlooked guys that project to have solid careers here.
Gill hasn't caught the ball much, but his RAC ability on those few catches is quite eye opening. Very Taj Harris like after the catch. Very sudden athlete that can make you miss in a phone booth.
He's going to be a good one, and he's going to be fun to watch.

You’re the one upset by simple, truthful analysis. Look at the other threads, questions about our Oline abound. I
didn’t say anything about your overly optimistic takes, did I? No, but you’re critical of simple observations about the weak spots on our team? Is SU a perfect football team? No. So, it’s ok to recognize faults and discuss them. How might we improve? How are we going to beat the tougher teams on our schedule? If you can’t ask those questions, what’s the point? You’re left with rah, rah, homerism. Since you’re upset by critiques of the team, you (and others) seem to fall into the latter category. If not, and you genuinely want to analyze the team, then you should be open to the suggestion that our oline might not quite be all that good…at least right now…doesn’t mean they can’t be…but I know what my eyes are seeing regardless of the opponent. Im hopeful, doesn’t mean I’m not concerned.
Agreed...I thought the whole point of a message board was analyze, and bounce thoughts off one another...not to live in an Orange echo chamber.

You’re the one upset by simple, truthful analysis. Look at the other threads, questions about our Oline abound. I
didn’t say anything about your overly optimistic takes, did I? No, but you’re critical of simple observations about the weak spots on our team? Is SU a perfect football team? No. So, it’s ok to recognize faults and discuss them. How might we improve? How are we going to beat the tougher teams on our schedule? If you can’t ask those questions, what’s the point? You’re left with rah, rah, homerism. Since you’re upset by critiques of the team, you (and others) seem to fall into the latter category. If not, and you genuinely want to analyze the team, then you should be open to the suggestion that our oline might not quite be all that good…at least right now…doesn’t mean they can’t be…but I know what my eyes are seeing regardless of the opponent. Im hopeful, doesn’t mean I’m not concerned.

Looking forward to Cuse '91 weighing in soon

He even had knee braces on. Sure sounds like a major owie. Hopefully he'll be able to go for spring ball.
If I had to guess, it's either an achilles or an ankle.

One thing i like is that beck often has shrader under center in short yardage situations.
Yes, it is astounding how many teams line up in a shotgun on 1st and goal from the 1 inch line. Pure meathead.

Some general thoughts.

#6 seems to be keeping his eyes downfield when he scrambles this year. Last year, he committed to running it early in plays.

Beck does not seem to be overly consumed by the increasingly archaic “establish the run” axiom.

I still think LA is going to be used increasingly as a receiver out of the backfield.

Speaking of which, we haven’t shown any screens, few throws to TEs. The bag of tricks is still pretty full. I suspect we’ll see some stuff this week.

There was nooo panic after the long TD run by WMU. Historically, a start like that ended with us struggling all game long.

Price showed a lot imho. Was concerned after Colgate. Not any more. I like him as a short yardage back.

Speaking of short yardage, love the “Buffalo” back position by Perry. Makes me wonder how the staff is going to use him this year. Surely they wont burn his shirt just for that. So is this a 4 -game package or is he going to get into the D rotation?!?!

Fired up to be on NBC on Saturday night! Road games at night are always tough atmospheres, but at least we have a senior quarterback, that’s usually a huge mitigating factor. Garrett won’t come out there like a deer in headlights for sure.

Agree with the bolded part and that stood out to me on the long TD pass to Brown. Think it comes with playing experience

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Wax made such a heady play at the 6:37 mark on the pick-six at the end of the half. A lot of players would have unloaded on a blindside block here negating the touchdown, but he had situational awareness and kept his arms up and visible so there was zero risk of it.

Agree with the bolded part and that stood out to me on the long TD pass to Brown. Think it comes with playing experience
We finally have receivers again who don't guit when the QB takes off running.
The 2018 group was like that, and Eric many times found someone for a big gain.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Wax made such a heady play at the 6:37 mark on the pick-six at the end of the half. A lot of players would have unloaded on a blindside block here negating the touchdown, but he had situational awareness and kept his arms up and visible so there was zero risk of it.

They are coached on returns to basically just pick guys and get in the way, not try to make a traditional block

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom