Worst call ever | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Worst call ever

I mean...you really can't even begin to explain that play call. The defense will go for the personal foul every time because the ball ends up at the exact same spot! Just run the damn ball! Wow that's terrible.

We'll use Lynch as a decoy.
th

They could have tried a flea-flicker. That might have been worse.

I'm still in shock by that call. Of course I'm still in shock from when Marrone did the same damn thing a few years ago.

Pete Carroll said that they "didn't want to face their goal line guys" and that they would have gone to the run on the next two plays, that they lost that time out and that running the ball "is a good thought".

I guess that explains it. :rolling:

Last edited:
ImperialOrange said:
I'm still in shock by that call. Of course I'm still in shock from when Marrone did the same damn thing a few years ago.

To a freshman.

In case its edited away before someone can read it.

"He is responsible for making a terrible call that lost the Seahawks Super Bowl 49."

"By choosing to have QB Russell Wilson throw on the one-yard line instead of giving the ball to Seahawks star running back Marshawn Lynch, Bevell cemented his place in history as one of the most flawed playcallers of all time."

"Was responsible for possibly the worst play call in Super Bowl XLIX history, by calling a pass play on with 1 yard line, which was intercepted, instead of running it in with Marshawn Lynch, essentially giving away a sure Super Bowl victory."

Pete Carroll said that they "didn't want to face their goal line guys" and that they wouldn't have gone to the fun on the next two plays, that they lost that time out and that running the "is a good thought".

I guess that explains it. :rolling:

They had time and a timeout. No excuse for that call, it was pointless to try to throw

gggggggg
Didn't he have two chances to make it? 99% likelihood.
No. He had three. Unless they kicked the field goal on 4th which would only slightly worse than the call they made

They might have let them score.
I think if they run you almost have to let them score, but that would have required a timeout with .50 on the clock.

And my god - that pass? It wasn't like a goal line pass you often see where the receiver is 10 yards in the clear. He throws into the area which is congested with 11 defenders ready to take down Lynch. Stunning.

Hey their was alot of bad play calls,

the roughing the kicker should have been 1st down for the pats instead of a punt.
bradys interception 1st quarter should have had atleast 3 points there.
seahawks first touchdown came off a bad spot on 3rd down.
how do you let seattle score their 2nd touchdown full drive with 40 seconds left in the half field goal i could see?
there was a block in the back late in the 3rd instead they called the offensive passing interferience.
just to name a few.

no doubt that was the wrong call but I loved how it turned out.
Maybe if Marshawn Lynch said to coach "you know why I'm here" in a gentlemans voice instead of an absolute mockery he would have got the ball ;) fitting end.

Last edited:
lots of drama.
lions got screwed against dallas, dallas got screwed against green bay, green bay got screwed against seattle
now this.

new england turns it over on 3rd down instead of a early field goal.
Its like looney tunes
:bat:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom