Worst coaching year? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Worst coaching year?

When Kadary finally goes in (often when we've dug ourselves a hole), he doesn't come out much. That happens for a reason. Boeheim knows very well how valuable he is. He's just too stubborn (or loyal to Joe) to do the right thing and start him. It's very frustrating to watch.

It's just common sense unless you have superstars that you should be getting your young guys at least a few minutes all year long. Throwing out a skinny PF at the 5 and making him play 35-40mpg while 3 underclassmen Centers sit for weeks at a time is so damn ridiculous. The best part is that one actually got to play and looked pretty damn good but then post game still have to say he's not ready. What world are we living in?
I've said it many times and I'll keep saying it. What Jim has done to Marek this year is criminal. Asking him to play 35+ against ACC centers while you have 15 fouls (if nothing else) sitting on the bench is absurd. I'm tired of hearing the "they don't do well in practice crap". It's just an excuse for Jim to keep himself from looking foolish for not playing them. When Jim digs in, this is what you get.

This is my issue too. How does a win here or there justify the overall trajectory of this program and where Jim is taking the program. Beating an average UNC team is not a big deal. They are one of the worst shooting teams in the country and that was on full display last night.
People are becoming complacent, and just want to be happy when our team allows them to be.

It’s a step to accepting mediocrity.

When Kadary finally goes in (often when we've dug ourselves a hole), he doesn't come out much. That happens for a reason. Boeheim knows very well how valuable he is. He's just too stubborn (or loyal to Joe) to do the right thing and start him. It's very frustrating to watch.
Jim refuses to admit he's been wrong. That's why Joe continues to start. Nothing like digging yourself an 8 point hole to keep proving a point.

You know we don’t always get the full story on why players are or are not playing. And on the flip side it’s also possible that Jesse really did just recently turn the corner in his development which earned him some extra time which he has taken advantage of. On Kadary i agree that he should have been playing more all along. I just hope Joe stays positive and keeps working hard.

Offensively nice job by the crew! defensive attention below average no doubt even with the press.

6'7 6'7 6'9 6'10 7'0 all as sophs but Dolez. with another 6'8 fresh and 7'0 fresh.
so what do we do we play 32 minutes 6'5 6'7 6'10 with all 3 out of position, with more likeliness to go 3 guards without Allen our best guard rebounder instead of going tall.

Need defense on the road.

Last edited:
You know we don’t always get the full story on why players are or are not playing. And on the flip side it’s also possible that Jesse really did just recently turn the corner in his development which earned him some extra time which he has taken advantage of.
I would be more willing to believe this if Edwards playing time wasn't so conveniently timed to start in a game where Marek had immediate and severe foul trouble.

You know we don’t always get the full story on why players are or are not playing. And on the flip side it’s also possible that Jesse really did just recently turn the corner in his development which earned him some extra time which he has taken advantage of. On Kadary i agree that he should have been playing more all along. I just hope Joe stays positive and keeps working hard.
Sure we don't know everything, but I can promise you that sitting on the bench every single game doesn't help at all. Plus, I don't buy it in this case as Jim repeated again last night that Jesse isn't ready. Bull. Jesse can play 10-12 MPG if to do nothing else other than relieve Marek. Marek never should have been an option at center this year no matter Bourama's situation. Marek is NOT a center. Period.

Jim refuses to admit he's been wrong. That's why Joe continues to start. Nothing like digging yourself an 8 point hole to keep proving a point.
EXACTLY

Ugh. It's like proving his point and not "appearing" to be wrong is more important than winning.

I would be more willing to believe this if Edwards playing time wasn't so conveniently timed to start in a game where Marek had immediate and severe foul trouble.
This times a hundred. Only reason Jessie played at GT is because marek got 3 fouls in a matter of minutes. Otherwise jim rolls out the same stuff, and marek doesn’t come out. Also, I was speechless when jim came out and said that Edwards still isn’t ready to contribute after last nights game. Is he a finished product, Absolutely not. But he is improving and anyone that has watched basketball for 5 minutes can tell that he makes our defense better. He was wrong, and now he just doesn’t want to look bad so he will ride on that hill until the end of the season.

This times a hundred. Only reason Jessie played at GT is because marek got 3 fouls in a matter of minutes. Otherwise jim rolls out the same stuff, and marek doesn’t come out. Also, I was speechless when jim came out and said that Edwards still isn’t ready to contribute after last nights game. Is he a finished product, Absolutely not. But he is improving and anyone that has watched basketball for 5 minutes can tell that he makes our defense better. He was wrong, and now he just doesn’t want to look bad so he will ride on that hill until the end of the season.
Can you picture any scenario where Jim says that about Girard who looked like he was scared to try to dribble the ball up court?

JB is one of the best ever. His performance this year has been subpar to put it nicely.

JB knows he's wrong too. Hence the horrific response to the question about Jesse. JB is basically anticipating the questions that he alleges are poor, which is kind of funny, because how bad can they be if JB knows they're coming.

Because a quality home win over a quad 2 team shouldn’t excuse the fact that the staff’s performance over the past few years has been inadequate.

We won because Edwards and Richmond stepped up big time. Shows that the staff does not have a pulse on minutes distribution and that likely cost us 2 or 3 wins this year.
Every season is a new team. This years team continue's to battle and improve and the young talent is stacking up. I certainly don't think I know more about the team dynamics than the coaching staff, though many of you armchair coaches seem to have all the answers. They lost to a lot of solid teams on the road, that happens in the power leagues. If they can hold home court against Clemson, I would give the season a positive grade, all factors considered.

Every season is a new team. This years team continue's to battle and improve and the young talent is stacking up. I certainly don't think I know more about the team dynamics than the coaching staff, though many of you armchair coaches seem to have all the answers. They lost to a lot of solid teams on the road, that happens in the power leagues. If they can hold home court against Clemson, I would give the season a positive grade, all factors considered.
2 simple questions. Is Marek Dolezaj an ACC center on any other team? Is Joe Girard better than Kadary?
How on earth can you give this season a positive grade? This team is mediocre again!?!

2 simple questions. Is Marek Dolezaj an ACC center on any other team? Is Joe Girard better than Kadary?
How on earth can you give this season a positive grade? This team is mediocre again!?!
Marek isn't a true center but he grades out higher to have on the floor than the other options, though Edwards has come around quite a bit. I don't think the staff wanted to throw all the pressure from the get go on the freshman even though Kadary has huge upside.

Let’s not be premature. We got a couple more years to go. Maybe even more

Whatever

Marek isn't a true center but he grades out higher to have on the floor than the other options, though Edwards has come around quite a bit. I don't think the staff wanted to throw all the pressure from the get go on the freshman even though Kadary has huge upside.
Whatever

Sid did not look like much until towards the end of last year when things seem to suddenly click. What's to say its not the same with Jessie? And what's to say the progess will continue?

They deserve those minutes now. It's only conjecture as to whether they did before.
It’s not whether they did beforehand as much as it’s the lack of faith to try earlier and more often. Why not, because of some unknown fear of the downside ?

You have to test and see what the guys look like! See even Woody and Robert. Especially when you’re doing something as unconventional as having someone in the frame and size of Wendal Alexis who was a slender wing play in the 80’s in as the center

JB is one of the best ever. His performance this year has been subpar to put it nicely.

JB knows he's wrong too. Hence the horrific response to the question about Jesse. JB is basically anticipating the questions that he alleges are poor, which is kind of funny, because how bad can they be if JB knows they're coming.
So the fans were right and the coach was wrong? That has never happened in the history of sports! Wow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom