Would you be willing to massively cheat for a national title? | Syracusefan.com

Would you be willing to massively cheat for a national title?

SU2NASA

All American
I'm talking like SMU-style paying recruits. In this hypothetical situation, nothing can ever be proven but we get a slap on the wrist of probation for a couple years for the violations that are found.

Count me in.

I'm talking like SMU-style paying recruits. In this hypothetical situation, nothing can ever be proven but we get a slap on the wrist of probation for a couple years for the violations that are found.

Count me in.

Absolutely, 100% without hesitation. That's the only way to reach those type levels anyway. Is it really college athletics anymore with all the money involved these days, it's just such a scam anyway. I am a fan and a booster and I could care less

Wait, wait...so you're saying it's theoretically possible to win a national championship without massive cheating?

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Count me in.
Not at Syracuse. Keep that stuff for your Michigan buddies.

Can’t imagine this working in today’s social media day and age.
As soon as a few images of excess by the players hit the Internet, the NCAA will be setting up shop in Manley.

No, because I'd know, FOREVER, that it wasn't legitimate.

It's like saying you squatted 650 lbs, knowing full well that you didn't get anywhere close to parallel.

That's exactly how I feel whether everybody else is cheating or not.

I'm not super into it, but IF our program gets into grey area, I don't see the point of it.

Just go full heel.

The NCAA has shown that the mistakes schools have made that erred a little bit probably would have been better off going overboard.

I attended a session at the annual MIT Sports Analytics conference a few years ago where a guy did a statistical analysis of rules violations. Result was that it is well worth it to a program to break rules. There's the obvious on-field benefits while the violations are occurring, and while there is typically a down period once the violations are revealed and sanctions are levied, most programs bounce back afterwards and enjoy more success than the period prior to when they were cheating.

It was pretty irrefutable, cheating in the NCAA pays. Bigly.

Cheat, and in the fullness of time your gonna have a Lance Armstrong type legacy.