Wow.. Denver Kirland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wow.. Denver Kirland

Good for Golden and crew...

Ice sounds like ...

My 2 cents...

Don't forget that Coley just came in as the new OC from FSU and perhaps he has some other kids he would rather have...like Gus.

Kid was deciding between Miami, Florida State (where Coley came from) and South Florida.

I dont care who was in the wrong if the kid was selfish or if the U was selfish. Lets get him on campus if at all possible.

I dont care who was in the wrong if the kid was selfish or if the U was selfish. Lets get him on campus if at all possible.
This is the part I don't really get. The kid is down to his top 3, UM, FSU and USF. Won't commit to any until signign day, UM pulls their offer, why is there any expectation that SU could now come in and "get this kid on campus" say nothing about signing him. He's from Miami, his top 3 are all Florida schools, and you expect him to accept a late invite to come to Central NY in February??? I'm all for coaches working hard on recruiting an leaving no stone unturned but this sounds like a colossal waste of time and resources to me. Its not like the kid doesn't still have offeres out to him by schools that have been recruiting him...like also Florida, Auburn, Miss, Arkansas, WVU, and more.

The kids high school coach told Miami that he would be signing for the U come next week...Miami just wanted the announcement made public right then and there after this kids Championship parade...Why couldn't they let the kid have his time in the spotlight to make his annoucement? He already told u he would be signing with u? This will hurt Miami in the long run and let's hope Coach Mcdonald has already picked up the phone to let him know his players are always welcomed at Syracuse University
the kid's coach told them that - but in the meeting with the UM coach after the parade he would only say they are in his top 3 - I don't blame the Hurricanes for not trusting that the kid would follow through with what the coach was promising

This is the part I don't really get. The kid is down to his top 3, UM, FSU and USF. Won't commit to any until signign day, UM pulls their offer, why is there any expectation that SU could now come in and "get this kid on campus" say nothing about signing him. He's from Miami, his top 3 are all Florida schools, and you expect him to accept a late invite to come to Central NY in February??? I'm all for coaches working hard on recruiting an leaving no stone unturned but this sounds like a colossal waste of time and resources to me. Its not like the kid doesn't still have offeres out to him by schools that have been recruiting him...like also Florida, Auburn, Miss, Arkansas, WVU, and more.
I agree, it is worth a phone call from GMC but nothing more unless the kid has any interest at all.

Because McDonald seems to already have strong ties in Flordia and he "likes" Arkansas which is where McDonald was recruiting him. Also believe McDonald had some contact with him when he was in Miami. If McDonald already has a relationship with the kid then you never know unless you try. A phone call by McDonald doesn't really waste too many resources and doesnt waste too much time...

Hey Coach Harris, it's your old buddy George Mac, would Denver be interested in flying up to Syracuse for the weekend? Our junior left tackle is getting drafted this year and we need a tackle. Probably get to see the field early and will have the opportunity to ram it down Miami's and FSU's throat every year.

Hey Coach Harris, it's your old buddy George Mac, would Denver be interested in flying up to Syracuse for the weekend? Our junior left tackle is getting drafted this year and we need a tackle. Probably get to see the field early and will have the opportunity to ram it down Miami's and FSU's throat every year.
Perfect, but maybe he and Coach Harris are super tight and he calls him "Yo beyatch", but probably not.

You want to see god in the morning too? There is less than .000000001% chance we get in with this kid.

The kids high school coach told Miami that he would be signing for the U come next week...Miami just wanted the announcement made public right then and there after this kids Championship parade...Why couldn't they let the kid have his time in the spotlight to make his annoucement? He already told u he would be signing with u? This will hurt Miami in the long run and let's hope Coach Mcdonald has already picked up the phone to let him know his players are always welcomed at Syracuse University

Because they were afraid he might pull a "Cush."
JERRYOCONNELL_200.jpg

Example #1 why this was a serious misstep by Coach Golden and the "U":
  1. LUTHER R CAMPBELL@unclelukereal1
    Coach ice is 1 of the most up standing coaches in the coaching profession he's the Dean of high school football In Miami.
  2. 2h LUTHER R CAMPBELL@unclelukereal1
    I've been fighting for UM all my life talking to coaches about giving Al a chance. Al has just committed suicide you don't do that to Ice.

Expand
great - now Golden will need to hit the northeast harder in recruiting (n)

Coach ice is 1 of the most up standing coaches in the coaching profession he's the Dean of high school football In Miami.
    I've been fighting for UM all my life talking to coaches about giving Al a chance. Al has just committed suicide you don't do that to Ice.

Expand
I thought it was all about the U. I guess it's all about ice too.

Expand

Exactly. You don't go pissing off the coaches of schools like Don Bosco, Booker T or Ohio's Massilion (Tuberville). Simple as that.

I'm sure Golden will do some damage control now, will say he had no knowledge of it and will blame it on a rogue assistant.

Exactly. You don't go pissing off the coaches of schools like Don Bosco, Booker T or Ohio's Massilion (Tuberville). Simple as that.

I'm sure Golden will do some damage control now, will say he had no knowledge of it and will blame it on a rogue assistant.
Wasn't the rogue assistant a UofM legend. How do you spin that. It's a tough decision to make. You don't want to piss off the highschool coaches, but some of these kids and their high profile coaches think they're bigger than the programs recruiting them.

Wasn't the rogue assistant a UofM legend. How do you spin that. It's a tough decision to make. You don't want to piss off the highschool coaches, but some of these kids and their high profile coaches think they're bigger than the programs recruiting them.

high school coaches want their kids to be treated right in this scum bag business.

the kids make the programs and the programs whore the kids.

trying to strong arm a kid into a decision is bush league. they don't have to pull the offer. they could simply advise they have X number of spots left, your offer is on the table until somebody else takes it.

this is a pretty common tactic - we have 1 spot and 4 offers out - first come first serve.

high school coaches want their kids to be treated right in this scum bag business.

trying to strong arm a kid into a decision is bush league. they don't have to pull the offer. they could simply advise they have X number of spots left, your offer is on the table until somebody else takes it.

this is a pretty common tactic - we have 1 spot and 4 offers out - first come first serve.

There is already a relationship with "Coach Ice". ... Offered a 2014 kid this week.

Congrats to @Cheebo_Norris on his offer from Syracuse today...

I agree with all of that. But that may be what happened. I wouldn't think they'd pull it if someone else wasn't ready to commit. I'd rather they do that then tell both they have offers, and then if the one they want signs on LOI day, the other is hung out to dry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom