Wow people are really pissed? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Wow people are really pissed?

Seriously? We had our worst shooting night, our best player had an awful game, we were dead about 10 times and yet we still won. Won. Not lost. Won. I mean What? Our team never panics and this will go such a long way if and when we get into this situation in the post season Some people i guess just cant be happy ever
I'm Happy as a pig in $hiest...a win is a win is a win!

AZOrange said:
Lol...we just beat Pitt at Pitt. How many of those have you seen?

I have no problem with the way we played at Pitt. But the way we played tonight just shows how tough it is to remain unbeaten. Yet we won. Somehow. Enjoy the ride.

I have no problem with the way we played at Pitt. But the way we played tonight just shows how tough it is to remain unbeaten. Yet we won. Somehow. Enjoy the ride.
You don't have to remind me...

not pissed, but relieved and also irritated that we are not playing better

We do have one bright spot: Rak stepped up big on a night our two best players were way off their games.
14 points...6-6 from the line...12 rebounds...7 blocks and the crucial steal at the end.

Great team find a way...and Rak helped us find it.

I'm not pissed, but I don't feel good like I have after other wins. I feel like we snuck out a W.

I'm not pissed, but I don't feel good like I have after other wins. I feel like we snuck out a W.

Well, that's because we did sneak out a W. With our microwave backup center out with an injury (and therefore no real margin for error on fouls). During our third game in seven days. With three or four of our best guys laying an egg--including Ennis, who looked more like a freshman tonight than ever before.

And despite all this, it's still a win--with Rak looking fantastic. I'm happy as hell. Onward.

I think you've just coined my new favorite phrase.
"What Win" has been used before, many times. But not during the Greggers years. I can guarantee that.

Coach said in his press conference that CJ has played all but 5 minutes in the last 5 games. I guess we need to give him a break.He just doesn't didn't have his legs tonight so his shots were short.We really need to get Kieta back cause we'er playing predominately 6 guy's plus we've got a bunch of road games coming up.

I hope the F someone else picks up on this.

So what...even if they lost would it have been the end of the world? Keep in mind that we play in the ACC not the Missouri Valley.

Three games in seven days, coming off an emotional last second victory, while playing only six players is a lot to ask...and we found a way to win. Enjoy the ride for gawd's sake.

I am enjoying the ride very much. I have and will travel 5 hours to see them play this year. I don't hate the team as other foolish threads have indicated that some do. I like the fact that we got the W.
If we had lost, it wouldn't have been the end of the world, but it would have been disappointing because of sloppy, careless play in too many instances. One example that really bothered me was having 3 different times when we fouled three point attempts with Tyler's at the end of the game being totally uncalled for.
Love this team almost as much as the late 80's teams. But I don't like to see guys playing so far below their capabilities.

You cant play great every game. Look at duke. Almost lost to maryland at home today. It happens. If it happens 5 games in a row i will be concerned.

Bc is the exact team we need to face wednesday

I agree, but when was the last time we really played "great"?

That's the point, marsh. We find ways to win, no doubt. It's truly special. But there are serious lulls we go through that leave plenty room for improvement.

I agree, but when was the last time we really played "great"?

That's the point, marsh. We find ways to win, no doubt. It's truly special. But there are serious lulls we go through that leave plenty room for improvement.

Yea but every team has lulls. Thats my point. Every team. We continue to win games despite these lulls.

It was a good win during which we did not play well. Pitt is not that good. Ask Duke.

Are you serious? Pitt OWNED us for the better part of ten years! I don't care if they're 5-20 when they play us, they're going to beat down on us. That fact that Pitt has had our number in the past makes their overall record irrelevant.

It's like playing a top 5 team EVERY time we play Pitt, regardless of whether they're ranked or not.

How people fail to see this is beyond me.

Last edited:
Marsh is right and so are you (not that you are making competing points). Just two good observations. We won. That matters (obviously). How you win also matters. What people are failing to realize is that winning like we did tonight, playing really poorly, matters as well. Strong traps in the last :30 and a steal to manufacture a possession. Winning big and dominating a lesser opponent also matters. It's what is in between that sucks.

The people that are most frustrating are the "w is a w" crew. That's just ridiculous.

44cuse

No one else has mentioned the trapping D in the last minute. Although they appear lost in mix, those were smart plays and worked because they practice them, but only bring them out when they're needed. They caused NCSt to use a time-out near the half court line (which they certainly needed later and didn't have), and the other one forced a turnover when the NCSt player dribbled the ball off his foot.

No one else has mentioned the trapping D in the last minute. Although they appear lost in mix, those were smart plays and worked because they practice them, but only bring them out when they're needed. They caused NCSt to use a time-out near the half court line (which they certainly needed later and didn't have), and the other one forced a turnover when the NCSt player dribbled the ball off his foot.

Exactly right. That's why I agree with Marsh on this thread. You can play very poorly (which we did). Really good teams execute and manufacture possessions (by coming up with stops) when they need to.

There is another side to it though that says if you are good enough to be far enough ahead, that never matters. And that is also true, but that's not going to happen every night and you need the ability to do both.

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom