Class of 2014 - WR Adly Enoicy (FL) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR Adly Enoicy (FL) Offered

Perhaps like this.

Adly - I see you have Steve, KJ, Jamal and Corey all coming in also, how does that effect my playing time?
Coach G- Not at all Adly we plan to move you to TE to be a dynamic player in the slot.
Adly - Id rather not play TE and stay closer to home to play WR.

just a thought.

makes total sense. Would have loved to have added the kid, but if we are going to lose out on someone, let it be at WR/TE with the talent we have coming in. Onward with Ward, Zeek, Ish, Watson, Thomas etc.

I'm hoping we got a recruit way higher on our list that we don't know anything about
Could it be we pulled offer from Adly because of a better option. Seems improbable, but they way things have been going, anything's possible. We'll see.

Brisley tweeted to Adly that it was -11 degrees outside last night..maybe that played into it.. haha

Perhaps like this.

Adly - I see you have Steve, KJ, Jamal and Corey all coming in also, how does that effect my playing time?
Coach G- Not at all Adly we plan to move you to TE to be a dynamic player in the slot.
Adly - Id rather not play TE and stay closer to home to play WR.

just a thought.
Maybe Turner tried to cut us off at the pass by getting to him and pointing out the competition he would have here. Twisted his arm a little to get a commitment out of him thinking we would back off. Key will be if he still makes his visit next week imo.

Brisley tweeted to Adly that it was -11 degrees outside last night..maybe that played into it.. haha
In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if weather factored into it to an extent.

i said before but i'm still not convinced we were overly active in recruiting him. he very well may have been a back up plan, and there are reasons all those other "offers" weren't on the table any longer. Chris Clark said back in November Syracuse wasn't recruiting any tight ends this year. We may have had interest in prepping him, but i really don't think our interest was ever that strong due to a few reasons.

Last edited:
What's the weather like inside the Dome on game day?
Wouldn't it be nice if anyone ever took that into account?

That said...why does this never seem to bother schools like Wisconsin? Or Michigan? Or to a lesser degree, Illinois? Or Minnesota, who plays outdoors now?

Do these schools have weather held against them and we just never hear about it, or is the weather somehow only played against us?

Maybe he isn't as good as fans think and some of those offers weren't real written offers? Maybe he was a plan b for us? Could be any number of reasons.

More information will come out, we'll just need to wait and see.

Backup option apparently. I'd imagine Custis insurance. Surprised by this one... Kid is an athlete with size.

Wouldn't it be nice if anyone ever took that into account?

That said...why does this never seem to bother schools like Wisconsin? Or Michigan? Or to a lesser degree, Illinois? Or Minnesota, who plays outdoors now?

Do these schools have weather held against them and we just never hear about it, or is the weather somehow only played against us?
Most kids pick the school that is the best for them regardless of weather, location, etc. Other than game day in the dome, some kids just don't do well day-to-day in our climate. Kids do have a life outside FB. I tend to think he just preferred staying home for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:
Prospect_5 is adlys account. So that means he's still coming here for a visit ?

Brisley will be hosting his former teammate[/quote]

That's really good news. And it has that family feel to it as well. Always such a hopeful and exciting time of the year.

We have to be running out of room, right?
You'd think. It makes me worry about the number of potential non-qualifiers. I'd still rather get the commitment and have them here in January.

You'd think. It makes me worry about the number of potential non-qualifiers. I'd still rather get the commitment and have them here in January.

I think this is what we should make of this, with the flurry of late activity on so many guys, either the staff thinks we aren't as solid with this group as we think (and lets be real, they would know more than we would) or we have a large group of kids who are likely to be non-qualifiers and need a semester of prep work.

Looks to me like we have room, I only count 14 kids committed to sign on feb 5.

Visits don't necessarily mean offers and offers don't necessarily mean you're going to be able to sign an loi on feb5.

IF Enoicy is still taking a trip next weekend it's a good example people shouldn't jump to conclusions about kids coming down the stretch.

I'm just excited at the amount of quality kids we're getting to come see us in crunch time... At the end of the day it's just names and videos for guys like me, literally knowing probably less than 5% of what the staff does. But the activity makes it so much more exciting. Signing day this year is shaping up to be a lot of fun for multiple reasons.

"I think this is what we should make of this, with the flurry of late activity on so many guys, either the staff thinks we aren't as solid with this group as we think (and lets be real, they would know more than we would) or we have a large group of kids who are likely to be non-qualifiers and need a semester of prep work."

It seems to me that there will be (is) a late flurry every year, at least by schools most successful at recruiting. Whether to firm up solid commits, continue the pitch on hopefuls or switches, or make last gasp efforts at some recruits they know probably will not come-and of course the Plan Bs. The uncertainty is part of the excitement for us (and exhaustion for the staff).

The Viking said:
"I think this is what we should make of this, with the flurry of late activity on so many guys, either the staff thinks we aren't as solid with this group as we think (and lets be real, they would know more than we would) or we have a large group of kids who are likely to be non-qualifiers and need a semester of prep work."

It seems to me that there will be (is) a late flurry every year, at least by schools most successful at recruiting. Whether to firm up solid commits, continue the pitch on hopefuls or switches, or make last gasp efforts at some recruits they know probably will not come-and of course the Plan Bs. The uncertainty is part of the excitement for us (and exhaustion for the staff).

Yeah I'm wondering if its a combination of things above as well as offense being the best defense in recruiting in a few cases.