Class of 2023 - WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22) | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to him? I forget
I don’t think he ever got the chance to play at SU. He transferred to Eastern Kentucky and then a D3 school, Otterbein, in Ohio.

I don’t think he ever got the chance to play at SU. He transferred to Eastern Kentucky and then a D3 school, Otterbein, in Ohio.
Yes he became a D3 AA

Played a bit in Germany professionally

Tried to join the military as an officer but they didn't like some past injury he had and couldn't pass the physical. Kid would've made a VG Soldier...sad he couldn't get in.

Yes he became a D3 AA

Played a bit in Germany professionally

Tried to join the military as an
Reminds me of John Elliott, the DA in Oswego Co. in the 80’s. John was a very good BB player at Hamilton College. He played during Viet Nam era and had a plan
The Olympic team traditionally would select one player from the Army. Thinking no one else would try it. He went to join the Army after graduation. Only to be turned down because of flat feet. He went on to play a few years for the team that played the Globe Trotters. Went all over the world and had a lot of great stories. Great guy

I knew another BB player who sprained his knee during a pickup game. He went to his draft physical and failed because of the knee. It would have been okay in a couple of days.

Why don't you watch his tape and find out?
www.hudl.com

Bryce Cohoon on Hudl

Watch Bryce Cohoon's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: Maize High School - Maize High Football / WR / Class of 2023 / Maize, KS

www.hudl.com

Expand...

UPDATE 4/14/23!
OFFERED> 2023 BRYCE COHOON MAIZE HS, MAIZE, KS COMMITTED & SIGNED
#9 WR 6'2" 185, 40 R - 804 YDS - 7 TDS, 5A STATE CHAMPION 100M 10.57PR = 4.44 40, 21.54

200M PR, 37" VJ, 4.012 GPA, KS STATE CHAMPION 100M//BROKE HIS 200M PR TODAY.

Fksf51eXEAAU-nT

DEPENDING ON POSITION THE FOLLOWING 40 TIMES ARE PERTINENT ESPECIALLY AT WR:

GOOD = 5.0 - 5.99

FAST = 4.9 - 4.99

FAST= 4.8 - 4.89

FAST= 4.7 - 4.79

FAST= 4.6 - 4.69

FAST= 4.5 - 4.59

VERY FAST= 4.4 - 4.49

ELITE = 4.2 - 4.39

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

SPEED, 4.44 IS FAST

CATCHES EVERYTHING - EVEN POOR THROWS FROM HIS QB

RUNS GREAT, CRISP ROUTES

GREAT OFF THE LINE FAKES, DOUBLE FAKES LEAVING CB TRYING TO CATCH UP

ALL ROUTES GO, SIDELINE, COMEBACKS, SLANTS ALL DONE EXPERTLY

HE HAS THE BALL CAUGHT ON A GO ROUTE AT THE LOS DUE TO HIS FAKES

HAD A GREAT QB WITH A BIG OL PROTECTING HIM TO GET BRYCE THE BALL

GREAT OFFER!

Last edited:
Reminds me of John Elliott, the DA in Oswego Co. in the 80’s. John was a very good BB player at Hamilton College. He played during Viet Nam era and had a plan
The Olympic team traditionally would select one player from the Army. Thinking no one else would try it. He went to join the Army after graduation. Only to be turned down because of flat feet. He went on to play a few years for the team that played the Globe Trotters. Went all over the world and had a lot of great stories. Great guy

I knew another BB player who sprained his knee during a pickup game. He went to his draft physical and failed because of the knee. It would have been okay in a couple of days.
Interesting cat to be sure. Was the Surrogate’s court judge when I started practicing.

What happened to him? I forget
Didn't his dad lose his job or something and that forced Trey to transfer closer to home? His sister was a gymnast at WV, I believe.

I believe Cohoon's listed 100m time is a hair better than Jawhar Jordan's. If the 4.44 40 time is accurate, that would suggest a little less initial burst but better top end speed.

Edit: 100m is .05 faster than Jordan. 200m is a full .5 sec faster.

Cooper Cohoon. Really excited about this young man. How'd we ever land him or even find him?

Didn't his dad lose his job or something and that forced Trey to transfer closer to home? His sister was a gymnast at WV, I believe.
There was a back story...sorry he never played for us. I think he could have become a solid starter.

I believe Cohoon's listed 100m time is a hair better than Jawhar Jordan's. If the 4.44 40 time is accurate, that would suggest a little less initial burst but better top end speed.

Edit: 100m is .05 faster than Jordan. 200m is a full .5 sec faster.
Fastest 100m time I could find for Fairchild was 11.00. Bryce’s 10.57 100m is impressive. Even faster than Mo Jackson’s 10.59 that goes back to 1997.

The only SU football player I know of who has run a faster 100m time in HS was Mike Morris, who ran a 10.36 in HS. Mike was a younger brother of Joe Morris. This was circa 1980.

Fastest 100m time I could find for Fairchild was 11.00. Bryce’s 10.57 100m is impressive. Even faster than Mo Jackson’s 10.59 that goes back to 1997.

The only SU football player I know of who has run a faster 100m time in HS was Mike Morris, who ran a 10.36 in HS. Mike was a younger brother of Joe Morris. This was circa 1980.
Wow, that's a big difference between Fairchild and Cohoon. Nearly .5 sec is quite a bit in the 100m. I forgot about Mo. The idea of a guy with similar speed and more size is fun. I hope he has the immeasurables to take advantage of the measureables.

Did Mike Morris do much as SU? He had serious speed. Is there anything out there about Joe running track?

Wow, that's a big difference between Fairchild and Cohoon. Nearly .5 sec is quite a bit in the 100m. I forgot about Mo. The idea of a guy with similar speed and more size is fun. I hope he has the immeasurables to take advantage of the measureables.

Did Mike Morris do much as SU? He had serious speed. Is there anything out there about Joe running track?
Neither Mo Williams or Mike Morris had big careers playing football at SU. They both made contributions, especially Mo, but neither was an all league type player.

I think Mo was 5’7 and that was generous. Think Mike might have been 5’9.

I don’t think Joe did a lot of track at Syracuse. That was more of a Mike thing. He holds the all time SU 100m record with a 10.09 he put up in 1985.

One of the things I find most exciting about Bryce is that he is 6’2 and he can jump too. If he can get stronger (only listed at 175), he is going to be a handful to cover

Yeah, this kid isn't going to be any good. He's from Kansas and he didn't have any offers, I always go by what other schools offered so that I know we out competed some other big time schools. Cuz you know, competition rules and makes everything better. Oh, and like I said, Kansas. Oh and he doesn't have hands. Yeah, I know I watched his highlights but you know, those are highlights, they aren't going to show how many times he dropped the ball. I know because I sat and watched all his high school games, every snap, and I counted all the times he dropped the ball and it's like way more times than the times he caught it. Besides he has small hands. Like smaller than Kenny Pickett's hands. No one has ever been able to catch a football with hands that small. I mean, they're like, small. Like Trump but smaller. And besides, he's slow, way too slow to play wide receiver. I mean, yeah he ran a 100 in 10.54, but Usain Bolt ran a 9.57 so yeah, like not fast. Besides his 100 time doesn't even matter, what really matters is his 40 time. Yeah, yeah I know 4.44, but was it laser timed? You know because if it's not laser timed then he's probably like 1 to 2 full seconds slower. So he probably runs more like a 5.44. But yeah, even if he runs a 4.44 that's not fast. Tyreek Hill ran a 4.26 at the combine, so yeah, not fast. Oh yeah, and he's too small. Yeah, yeah 6'2", Calvin Johnson was 6'6" so this kids short for a wide receiver. And he only weighs 175 pounds and probably can't gain weight. If he was big enough he would weigh like 215 by now, and then you know we could add like 20 or 30 pounds to him without losing any speed and he might be able to play, but only if he could catch. Ok, I guess this guy is a total bust, glad we got that figured out so I don't have to waste my time and hard earned money cheering for the guy. Guess we're gonna suck at football, again. Ok, I'm going to go start a fire Dino now thread. Talk to you guys over there.

Yeah, this kid isn't going to be any good. He's from Kansas and he didn't have any offers, I always go by what other schools offered so that I know we out competed some other big time schools. Cuz you know, competition rules and makes everything better. Oh, and like I said, Kansas. Oh and he doesn't have hands. Yeah, I know I watched his highlights but you know, those are highlights, they aren't going to show how many times he dropped the ball. I know because I sat and watched all his high school games, every snap, and I counted all the times he dropped the ball and it's like way more times than the times he caught it. Besides he has small hands. Like smaller than Kenny Pickett's hands. No one has ever been able to catch a football with hands that small. I mean, they're like, small. Like Trump but smaller. And besides, he's slow, way too slow to play wide receiver. I mean, yeah he ran a 100 in 10.54, but Usain Bolt ran a 9.57 so yeah, like not fast. Besides his 100 time doesn't even matter, what really matters is his 40 time. Yeah, yeah I know 4.44, but was it laser timed? You know because if it's not laser timed then he's probably like 1 to 2 full seconds slower. So he probably runs more like a 5.44. But yeah, even if he runs a 4.44 that's not fast. Tyreek Hill ran a 4.26 at the combine, so yeah, not fast. Oh yeah, and he's too small. Yeah, yeah 6'2", Calvin Johnson was 6'6" so this kids short for a wide receiver. And he only weighs 175 pounds and probably can't gain weight. If he was big enough he would weigh like 215 by now, and then you know we could add like 20 or 30 pounds to him without losing any speed and he might be able to play, but only if he could catch. Ok, I guess this guy is a total bust, glad we got that figured out so I don't have to waste my time and hard earned money cheering for the guy. Guess we're gonna suck at football, again. Ok, I'm going to go start a fire Dino now thread. Talk to you guys over there.

The Rock Clapping GIF

Bravo! Your magnum opus.

Take the rest of the week off!

For those concerned about the fact that he didn't have an offer from Kansas or KSU.

I don't know a ton about Kansas or Kansas State's offense, but they're both run-based (Kansas is basically a wild RPO/option hybrid with a lot of throwing built in, I think KSU is more traditional run). I'm not sure a 6'2" 175 vertical threat really has a place in either of their schemes. Might explain the lack of offers.

IMO there’s nothing wrong with wondering if this is a good recruit or not. And that’s the camp I’m in. When a kid doesn’t have high rankings everyone says, the rankings don’t mean anything look at his offer list. When the offer list is terrible and in fairness nobody was recruiting this kid really, we say, I trust the coaches. DB’s track record with WR’s is pretty abysmal overall. The amount of scholarship WR’s to production isn’t very good.

Maybe this kid is a diamond in the rough, which we also don’t proportionally have great luck with. Naming the outliers doesn’t show we are successful finding diamonds in the rough. I hope he’s successful and maybe he’s a solid ST’s contributor and we def need those.

But overall, I just don’t see it and there’s nothing wrong with having a different thought based on watching his tape a bunch along with the other factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.