Class of 2023 - WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 WR Bryce Cohoon (KS) COMMITTED / SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (6/29/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I vaguely remember his name being Curtis. I think he went full track after a year or two. I’m a bit foggy, but know what you are referring to. He may have been a verbal until Marrone left. We had him and Gus Edwards coming in. Both NYC kids.
Laray Smith. Probably was coming here until Marrone left.

He never really did much at Indiana so not much of a loss.

Congratulations Bryce!

1656580869683.png

I saw a video a couple days ago that makes me think he would be all Kansas if they offer. Im surprised they havent yet.
Looks like Kansas only has 5 commits so far for 2023 but two are WR's. One is a slot WR and the other WR is 6'-2". But they took no freshman WR's in the 2022 class but did have one WR transfer that was originally a 2019 kid. So they could take another WR still.

Looks like Kansas only has 5 commits so far for 2023 but two are WR's. One is a slot WR and the other WR is 6'-2". But they took no freshman WR's in the 2022 class but did have one WR transfer that was originally a 2019 kid. So they could take another WR still.

Thanks for looking that up. Here's the video I saw. I think he's good as gone if they offer. Wouldnt blame him.

Kansas has no reason to offer him now. They can target guys higher on the board and then if they strike out offer him on December 13. I can't believe we even took the commitment.

Kansas has no reason to offer him now. They can target guys higher on the board and then if they strike out offer him on December 13. I can't believe we even took the commitment.
We just offered him on his official visit, a few days before he committed. Why would we offer and then not take his commitment?

Thanks for looking that up. Here's the video I saw. I think he's good as gone if they offer. Wouldnt blame him.

Any idea when the video is from? I'm also skeptical that he sticks if he gets a KU or similar offer closer to home.

Any idea when the video is from? I'm also skeptical that he sticks if he gets a KU or similar offer closer to home.
It certainly could be very hard to keep him with a KU offer considering he is a legacy, his dad played there, and he has always been a KU fan. That video appears to be from just 22 days ago on the rivals site. But he could now see a better opportunity at Syracuse and/or maybe that offer from KU never comes. I';m sure the staff is taking that under consideration and probably even spoke to him about it. Personally I think our offense and passing game is going to change for the better pretty soon with Anae and Beck and the QB's we have in the fold. So sticking with Cuse is probably a better move than going to KU. I mean KU did just have 2 wins this past season.

Was it the "growing up, I was a Jayhawk, always wanted to be a Jayhawk" part that caused your skepticism? ;) I mean, who knows? Maybe his fingers were crossed?

Maybe in the end he loved Cuse and is filled with righteous indignation about being passed over by Kansas (and KSU)?

Was it the "growing up, I was a Jayhawk, always wanted to be a Jayhawk" part that caused your skepticism? ;) I mean, who knows? Maybe his fingers were crossed?

Maybe in the end he loved Cuse and is filled with righteous indignation about being passed over by Kansas (and KSU)?
It was also a homer interview ... with teed up questions tilted towards his home state (nothing wrong with that, we'd do the same). Despite his responses, once SU got involved I'm sure the young man discussed playing in NY with his parents. I don't know if our staff saw the video, but regardless they are also savvy enough to ask the young man how he felt about playing out of state, whether he wanted to wait on a KU offer, was his heart set, etc. Hopefully all that went into his commitment and he's at peace with his decision.

Last edited:
The KU legacy is an emotional bond, but that won't get him playing time. That doesn't mean he won't just decide to follow Dad's footsteps. Blood runs thicker than water. We shall see.

We just offered him on his official visit, a few days before he committed. Why would we offer and then not take his commitment?

I wouldn’t have even offered. I get it but I think there’s more risk investing the next six months to hold onto him while pushing other wide receivers away. Flipside is we have a very big stable of young wr’s so this might be one of those times where if he sticks great and if he doesn’t that’s fine too.

I vaguely remember his name being Curtis. I think he went full track after a year or two. I’m a bit foggy, but know what you are referring to. He may have been a verbal until Marrone left. We had him and Gus Edwards coming in. Both NYC kids.
Yeah, that's the guy. I remember he and Edwards were the same class and being excited about the prospect of having our own thunder qnd lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom