Class of 2019 - WR Cameron Coleman (MO) Verbal to WMU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Cameron Coleman (MO) Verbal to WMU

I wouldn't mind taking a year off from recruiting QBs and letting them work it out among all the guys we already have. It can get too crowded to get enough reps for guys. I think we need another stud lineman more than we need another QB for the roster.
The norm is to always recruit at least one QB per class. With QBs you are only one injury away from disaster. Always better to stock the cupboard since not all players make the transition to college football.

I wouldn't mind taking a year off from recruiting QBs and letting them work it out among all the guys we already have. It can get too crowded to get enough reps for guys. I think we need another stud lineman more than we need another QB for the roster.

Yeah, I see your point...not really sure what QB would come here with the depth but to be honest we've seen what can happen injury wise and transfer wise as well so as I wrote IM, a rabbit out of the hat.

The coaches wanted him at camp. He had a really busy summer and didn't make it up for camp. After that SU's interest seemed to go away. He's real tight with Cisco and talks to him everyday. I saw Cam Labor Day weekend and he told me he wanted to come to Syracuse but didn't receive his official offer so he couldn't visit. His father reached out to one of the coaches and was told they were evaluating him. Not sure what happened, but him not making it to camp may have ended his Syracuse career before it started
I'm afraid, if he didn't make it to a camp, he essentially told Cuse they weren't a priority... Many schools prefer to evaluate, in person. Man. That would be a bummer. Maybe he can change their perception, by beating down the door?

Staff has always said, they only want guys that really want to be there.

Time to ask Devon Clarke how he finally got the big orange to come knockin

How many WR's do we need... We had quite the haul last year and 2 highly ranked recruits in the fold... Add in the MSU transfer and we got a boatload...

Save the available schollies for positions of need.. Like DT and/or LB...

How many WR's do we need... We had quite the haul last year and 2 highly ranked recruits in the fold... Add in the MSU transfer and we got a boatload...

Save the available schollies for positions of need.. Like DT and/or LB...
This. I think DE and DT need to be priorities. While we do have bodies there this season, and some solid contributors, our young depth at DE especially is sparse. Need to bring in a DE and DT still in this class IMO. And thats how I feel knowing that Goulbourne will likely be converted to DE as well.

you look at what we have and lose at WR, we have 1-2 RS a transfer and 2 commits all pretty solid guys. I really worry about the Dline in 2 yrs , they have a shot to pretty good next yr but we are really have on the top end. The oline seems to be settling in, but we need depth at DL and LB pretty quickly

No way we need another QB, maybe 2. QB's wins game. If you don't have 1 then the team can only be so good. Next year we will only have 2 QB's on the roster (unless Culpepper is back, but since he will be a Sr it really doesn't matter), and let's face it, whoever losses the battle to start there is a very good chance the other transfers since it basically means spending their whole career as back up. Especially someone like Amie who lives so far away. I could see him transferring to a Texas school if he doesn't win the job next year. That leaves you with basically nothing going into the following year besides the starter. Say TD goes down and then a ll a sudden your in a world of hurt. With how important the position is you need to take as many as possible d let the situation weed itself out organically. I'd rather have a couple talented QB's sitting on the bench as guys 82-85 on the roster who are basically practice dummies.

We need at least 1 QB this cycle and then go for a blue chip early next class.

Other than that we need to stock up on DL on OT. I don't like the current depth at DT. We need a whole bunch of those guys and i'm not too thrilled with that haul from last year and this year so far.

We are clearly loading up on defense so far in this class. Good idea.

I was looking at the 2 deep for UConn. On their board, they were talking about our depth and roster development, noting the size of the guys on our 2 deep and their classes.

So I took a look - and as much as UConn thinks we are at "peak roster", next season we return 34 of 44 guys on the 2 deep, both kickers and one of our return men. Plus our schedule eases up a bit more.

Next year looks like a huge year, and right now, that middle 5 game stretch after Clemson isn't looking so daunting. I could potentially see 3 or 4 wins now from those games. This team is coming together nicely. I hope we can stay healthy and keep our heads, just keep on working hard.
Yeah, next year a winning team no matter what. Be good this season, and then we start stringing something together.

I agree but just a body? Perhaps a preferred walk on because if Babers can't get what he wants, why waste a scholarship?

Who was talking about ‘just a body” ?

Then again, everyone is just a body until the lights come on.

I agree but just a body? Perhaps a preferred walk on because if Babers can't get what he wants, why waste a scholarship?
No. You aren't wasting a scholarship because players can have season ending and career ending injuries. This is a position where you have multiples on scholarship. I think it was Clemson I was watching last year and there were 5 or 6 QBs warming up on the sideling. And competition is a good thing.

No. You aren't wasting a scholarship because players can have season ending and career ending injuries. This is a position where you have multiples on scholarship. I think it was Clemson I was watching last year and there were 5 or 6 QBs warming up on the sideling. And competition is a good thing.

Waste was the wrong word and I see where you're coming from, I honestly do. Clemson is a whole different bird ($) imo. Would I like to see SU be doing that? Absolutely. Is it possible...if Babers can do what you wrote, I'll be thrilled and it would be a huge asset.

Waste was the wrong word and I see where you're coming from, I honestly do. Clemson is a whole different bird ($) imo. Would I like to see SU be doing that? Absolutely. Is it possible...if Babers can do what you wrote, I'll be thrilled and it would be a huge asset.
I am sure the SUAD budgets for 85 FB scholar athletes ever year so I don't think it would be a monetary issue to have multiple QBs on scholarship.

(unless Culpepper is back, but since he will be a Sr it really doesn't matter)

Agree on 1 QB per year, but won't Rex be a junior next year in terms of playing status?

I am sure the SUAD budgets for 85 FB scholar athletes ever year so I don't think it would be a monetary issue to have multiple QBs on scholarship.

By money CL, I mean facilities and larger $ for coaching staffs. That said, once SU starts winning consistently the QB's will keep coming at a solid rate 1 or 2 per year which is what we all want and quality at that.

we have 5+ qbs warming up every game. i mean look at neb with 1 qb on scholie.

we have 5+ qbs warming up every game. i mean look at neb with 1 qb on scholie.

So we can expect Babers to chop his left arm to tell the bullpen to bring in a lefty?

What happen to the one poster on here said how he knew him so well and was sure he was going to commit and really liked SU. I haven't heard a peep out of that poster either.
t

What happen to the one poster on here said how he knew him so well and was sure he was going to commit and really liked SU. I haven't heard a peep out of that poster either.
t
He never got offered

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom