Class of 2017 - WR CJ Hayes (KY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/20/22) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR CJ Hayes (KY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/20/22)

It’s an interesting offer. He has size but not really good numbers while at state. I say it’s interesting because there are so many good high end wr in the portal right now. I know su is not getting the best but there seems like a lot of other players with better measurables.

It’s an interesting offer. He has size but not really good numbers while at state. I say it’s interesting because there are so many good high end wr in the portal right now. I know su is not getting the best but there seems like a lot of other players with better measurables.
The coaches know who and what they are looking for in transfers.

2017 - Redshirt
2018 - 1 Reception, 13 yards
2019 - 13 Receptions, 141 yards
2020 - Missed whole year due to injury (Covid Year)
2021 - Looks like he was switched to Safety but I don't see any stats

I have similar thoughts. It's Interesting because there's information that we dont know about. They know his background, seen lots of practice and scrimmage cut ups. Im sure Samuel gave this kid a big endorsement. Anae and Beck probably looked at his film and saw a fit in their offense.

Be careful of stat watching. A lot of other factors goes into these evaluations. If stats was the only determination of success with a new team then everyone would have it solved. Etta tawo didnt have great numbers and Tristian Jackson stats were horrible. Look at skill sets, fits, character, relationships also.

Be careful of stat watching. A lot of other factors goes into these evaluations. If stats was the only determination of success with a new team then everyone would have it solved. Etta tawo didnt have great numbers and Tristian Jackson stats were horrible. Look at skill sets, fits, character, relationships also.
He definitely has the academic part down.

Yeah I was just throwing out what was documented. But you’re right we all were kinda whatever when Etta Tawo was added and the guy turned into a monster.

First thing I did was go to the Michigan state roster and see what they have his size at. They have him listed at 6-2 205. that works. Good baseline. Now I want to know if he can run and how are his hands

First thing I did was go to the Michigan state roster and see what they have his size at. They have him listed at 6-2 205. that works. Good baseline. Now I want to know if he can run and how are his hands

He can’t be any worse than the dudes we have currently.

Basically he’s a HS croot, but with years of P5 coaching and S&C.

We’ll take it.

Also - this is where I mention that the last Sparty WR transfer we took worked out pretty well.

I am all for taking kids from good programs and letting them compete. You might get an Amba, you never know. It is worth bringing these older kids in who are physically mature and see if they can make a difference. If not no worries, he graduates after this year. It is worth the "risk" all day of the week.

The last WR we scooped up from East Lansing did ok, I’m perfectly fine taking another flyer on this one.

Jackson didn't have much better stats than this guy at MSU but he was also a top 150 recruit nationally coming out of high school and was never moved to another position. Makes me wonder about his hands.