Class of 2017 - WR CJ Hayes (KY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/20/22) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR CJ Hayes (KY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/20/22)

Man recruiting is so strange now. It’s like you have a high school recruiting class and transfer recruiting class now. Really like this “transfer recruiting class” we are putting together especially if we land Clark too. If we land Clark then add one interior d-lineman, possibly a D-End and offensive tackle. I’d be hard pressed to imagine our peers in the ACC have anything better than that because that’s a strong, strong transfer class on top of a couple studs in our high school class, on top of a few studs we have coming back, on top of a few stud coaches we just brought in. Really insane how the perspective on this program changed in literally 2 months. I’m all for it

Gotta love this addition to our WR crew! He came prepared to start working with our new OC!

FFAA6128-9CB5-4D68-A9AD-8203AEFABA2C.gif

He visited Syracuse in a UHaul. He was coming here coaching staff or not. LOL

"Hayes traveled to SU in a U-Haul with his belongings with the intention of not leaving once he arrived."

That's classic.
So we can assume he’s enrolling…?

Dumb question possibly.

Coaches on the board, any chance we could get a scouting report?

Not to worried about the numbers, but it would be nice to know what type of player we're getting.

We can assume he wasn’t leveraging for a guaranteed starting spot. Probably couldn’t leverage for a ham sandwich!

So we can assume he’s enrolling…?

Dumb question possibly.
Yes you can.

He is listed on the MSU web site at 6'2, 205 pounds. I think we can expect a grown man, who can reliably line up on sides, block, run the pattern he is supposed to run and catch a ball thrown in his direction.

If he can do all that, he would have been our 2nd or 3rd leading receiver this past season.

I look at him as a bigger, stronger version of Coop. We need reliable vets in the receiving corp. Too many young guys who were not ready to play last season.

Man recruiting is so strange now. It’s like you have a high school recruiting class and transfer recruiting class now. Really like this “transfer recruiting class” we are putting together especially if we land Clark too. If we land Clark then add one interior d-lineman, possibly a D-End and offensive tackle. I’d be hard pressed to imagine our peers in the ACC have anything better than that because that’s a strong, strong transfer class on top of a couple studs in our high school class, on top of a few studs we have coming back, on top of a few stud coaches we just brought in. Really insane how the perspective on this program changed in literally 2 months. I’m all for it

One you get past the graduations and defections, you start adding pieces and there's nowhere to go but up.

1642700370366.png

Coaches on the board, any chance we could get a scouting report?

Not to worried about the numbers, but it would be nice to know what type of player we're getting.
I think we need need to know we have a QB that can get the ball to him too.

Interesting comment about Coach Babers.

"Really it's coach Babers being involved in the receivers so heavily," Hayes said. "When the head coach is involved, you're pretty set as a position group and as a position being a receiver. The head coach being involved means he has plans for that position. He wants that position to succeed and so do I."

Throughout the recruiting process, Hayes says the message from the Orange coaches on how he will be used in the offense was straight forward.

"The plan is to be used everywhere, to be honest with you," Hayes said. "It's a great opportunity for me. They've got some young guys here that need some leadership from an older guy like myself. That's the plan, to show leadership, show people the way and try to be the best I can in every aspect. On the field and off the field. But on the field, I'll be used inside, outside, show what I can do with the ball in my hands."

yup... the Gadsens/Hacthers/Alfords...heck maybe even Queeley,
can learn from this player. Look forward to seeing the influence HE and
an above average WR coach can do for the passing game.

(Yeah, I know...a QB with a strong accurate arm just might help too)