Class of 2014 - WR Corey Holmes Transferring from Notre Dame | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR Corey Holmes Transferring from Notre Dame

Well, technically they can't sign until February. I would love to see more commits. I am not trying to be hopelessly negative. Guys like KJ Williams and Holmes would be outstanding additions. I am just skeptical any of these kids will want to be at Syracuse until we win more.

Despite all the talk about facilities, more than anything, kids want to win, and they want to love who's coaching them. Signing these types of recruits will say alot about Shafer's guys.
Your feelings are legitimate but this group of coaches clearly have a different approach. They don't go in with hat inland looking like beggars in their meetings. Aggressiveness and confidence goes a long way when speaking to kids and families. I love it so far even though we have a long way to go before LOI day.An early signing period would be a huge help to school with costs and time. It will probably never happen for football considering the billions at stake in this entertainment industry's economics. Virtually every decision comes down to the bottom line.

Corey Holmes confirms he will be here with his dad for the Spring Game Saturday. Going to be tough following up Oklahoma's Spring Game last weekend he took in...Then again they only had 20k, that's our goal right? Either way we are going to have a nice collection of talent on campus Satuday

Writings been on the wall with Holmes for months considering he never visited and not even been a hint of visiting.

We’re not in it for Travon Lee anymore either. His top 5 doesn't include Syracuse.

That said, we’re still in it for a dozen top wide receiver prospects.

From a glass is half full perspective maybe this decision puts us in even better position with KJ maybe :noidea:

Well, technically they can't sign until February. I would love to see more commits. I am not trying to be hopelessly negative. Guys like KJ Williams and Holmes would be outstanding additions. I am just skeptical any of these kids will want to be at Syracuse until we win more.

Despite all the talk about facilities, more than anything, kids want to win, and they want to love who's coaching them. Signing these types of recruits will say alot about Shafer's guys.
Sure winning makes recruiting the big names a bit easier but the coaches out there now aren't spinning their wheels. I like the kids coming into the program on the list currently. I don't see any "reaching" yet.:rolleyes:

Ole Miss's last recruiting class is largely inexplicable. Rutgers and Tenn are not good examples for a multitude of reasons (primarily because Rutgers has won a lot more than Syracuse and hasnt landed anyone outside of NJ, and Tenn's recruiting has actually been down in recent years [you know, since they have been losing]).

I said kid's want to win and they want to play for coaches they love. In the end, when all things are equal, i think kids will go to the best program they can. Generally, winning is what defines a program.
Then how do explain Ole Miss? 7-6, 3-10, 4-8 respectively over the past 3 seasons and 4-20 in the SEC. Call last year an abiration all you want, that isn't winning football. Yet they pulled in 6 top 3 position players in the country and the over all #1 JC player to boot. Even with a good year in 2009 they were still mediocre in the SEC at 4-4 with 4 cupcake wins. They haven't won the conference since 1963. No, it is about coaching and building a relationship, IMO this is what it is all about. And as for location, Oxford has little or nothing that Syracuse doesn't have, unless you like to watch Fed Ex Planes heading towards Memphis!

Then how do explain Ole Miss? 7-6, 3-10, 4-8 respectively over the past 3 seasons and 4-20 in the SEC. Call last year an abiration all you want, that isn't winning football. Yet they pulled in 6 top 3 position players in the country and the over all #1 JC player to boot. Even with a good year in 2009 they were still mediocre in the SEC at 4-4 with 4 cupcake wins. They haven't won the conference since 1963. No, it is about coaching and building a relationship, IMO this is what it is all about. And as for location, Oxford has little or nothing that Syracuse doesn't have, unless you like to watch Fed Ex Planes heading towards Memphis!

There$ i$ another explanation for Ole Mi$$ recruiting $o well lately...

As of today, he's down to UCLA and ND

This is misleading. I believe he favors UCLA and ND, as of today. Being down to two schools means he will only decide between those two. That may ultimately be the case but is true as of yet.

Edit: Oops. I now see the Cohen tweet. His tweet is contrary to the rivals article.

as soon as he no showed for the Spring Game was the day we were out of this. never even seemed to have a shot. oh well plenty of other good WR's on the board. I'll take KJ and Ishmael and be more then happy

He was barely in the picture from the start, only because of his dad was he even barely in the picture. onward we go

I was just listening to Totoras interview with Rodney Williams and seems that Dave Holmes, who he said played for SU, is a friend of Rodneys' father. Small world. http://wakeupcalldt.com/

For a $econd there, I thought you $aid Oregon. I hear they have nice $hoe$ there.

Might as well have been, Eddie O is as dirty as the bottom of my shoe.

Last edited:
It's a grad transfer situation here?

Why not!!! Come to the Cuse and make poppa proud!

No, not a grad situation. Think he's an RS Jr. w/2 more years.

Got lost in the shuffle at ND.

Only one year if he transfer though. He'd have to sit out a year and he already redshirted. A grad transfer would be better and could get him two years i think. Someone tag Nick Monroe.

According to a poster on the ND board, he's on pace to graduate this summer. Would have two years, and wouldn't have to sit out.
Don't the ACC transfer restrictions apply?