Class of 2014 - WR Corey Holmes Transferring from Notre Dame | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR Corey Holmes Transferring from Notre Dame

Don't the ACC transfer restrictions apply?

Do they apply to grad transfers? Also, does Notre Dame have to approve the release (even for a grad transfer)? They play us in 2018 and Kelly doesnt seem like the type that puts a player's interests first.

Do they apply to grad transfers? Also, does Notre Dame have to approve the release (even for a grad transfer)? They play us in 2018 and Kelly doesnt seem like the type that puts a player's interests first.
Ya, not sure. I can't ever keep track of all the dumb rules.

According to a poster on the ND board, he's on pace to graduate this summer. Would have two years, and wouldn't have to sit out.
100% accurate. he will graduate this semester and have 2 years of availability.

Would love to bring him into the fold. He's basically in the same situation as Zach Allen at RU, I believe, in that he's a Grad Transfer with 2 years eligibility left. Why would a WR not want to come to Cuse? (For those of you with an answer, it was rhetorical!)

Would love to bring him into the fold. He's basically in the same situation as Zach Allen at RU, I believe, in that he's a Grad Transfer with 2 years eligibility left. Why would a WR not want to come to Cuse? (For those of you with an answer, it was rhetorical!)
Plus he is a legacy and went to STA for HS, so he has some players he knows from HS on the team.

And he saw for himself what a Babers coached offense is capable of, in person, just like Amba did.

Makes too much sense to happen. But one can hope...

Plus he is a legacy and went to STA for HS, so he has some players he knows from HS on the team.

And he saw for himself what a Babers coached offense is capable of, in person, just like Amba did.

Makes too much sense to happen. But one can hope...

No doubt, no mention of Syracuse in any of the articles but you never know. ( UCLA, Miami, UNC, ASU) but said he was open

We might be full at WR. Staff really likes our top guys right now. Ish, Custis, Phillips, and Butler are a great core.

We might be full at WR. Staff really likes our top guys right now. Ish, Custis, Phillips, and Butler are a great core.

yep, unless anyone flips, we have 5 WRs coming in the 2017 class plus the incumbent guys you mention. I would be happy if we made room for Holmes, that is for sure, but I can see where the staff is coming from if they are not that interested.

Might be full I agree but we are in no position to turn away talent like Holmes regardless of position.

That assumes the staff believes he is an upgrade over the current players on the roster.

I am not sure if that is true or not. However, I do know the staff is happy with our top guys.

Might be full I agree but we are in no position to turn away talent like Holmes regardless of position.

Remember, this is the same staff that identified the talent in Amba Etta-Tawo when he had a total of 400 yards receiving in the 2 seasons he actually played at Maryland.

If they're bullish on what we have, and are going to turn away Holmes because of that - I would think that's a good sign.

how talented is he? wasn't he sitting on the bench ?

Didn't we just take a grad transfer who was sitting on the bench?

No we didn't and it's not even similar. AT started at least 15 games for Maryland had 61 catches and 938 yards.

Holmes didn't get on the field this year for ND.

ND Bio

SOPHOMORE SEASON (2015): One of four scholarship sophomores who did not see the field...joined Jimmy Byrne, Justin Brent and Jay Hayes as second-year players who helped the Irish on their scout teams.

FRESHMAN SEASON (2014): Played in two games (Rice and Michigan) ... provided the Irish wide receiving corps with practice depth ... aided the Notre Dame offensive scout team as one of its top wideouts ... regularly played the Irish opponent's top wide receiver.