Class of 2014 - WR Corey Holmes Transferring from Notre Dame | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR Corey Holmes Transferring from Notre Dame

That assumes the staff believes he is an upgrade over the current players on the roster.

I am not sure if that is true or not. However, I do know the staff is happy with our top guys.
That's... pretty exciting, actually.

FWIW, I think Philips is going to blow up the record book next season.

That's... pretty exciting, actually.

FWIW, I think Philips is going to blow up the record book next season.

I agree. He was really impressive in hs. He's a great athlete who picked up his role quickly. He will have a really good season if ED stays healthy (or Rex steps up in his place) and we have decent outside WR play (which we will). Gonna be a fun season despite the difficult schedule.

Y'all know it's just twitter but Mulbah and Lewis are following him.

I guess we could have ND 2.0 at SU. Probably doesn't hurt Butler is on campus already.

I have noticed this as well, hope something comes of it..

Y'all know it's just twitter but Mulbah and Lewis are following him.

I guess we could have ND 2.0 at SU. Probably doesn't hurt Butler is on campus already.
Tom posted about a RB from ND that is transferring too. The exodus is strong from that program!

Tom posted about a RB from ND that is transferring too. The exodus is strong from that program!

I'd imagine that the personalities of the two HC's play a part. Kelly is um, a weirdo with a yelling problem. Dino is intense in a different way.

Given last year's results, it could be that some of them are being pushed out for talent/temperament reasons? Is Holmes hasn't played, maybe he's not good enough? The fact that he's still looking for a school could be another red flag.

Notre Dame brings in talent so any of their guys with talent we should pursue. Get it done Dino and Lewis.

Amba didn't play much either.

Yeah, but AET played way more than this guy and he was injured a bunch. Maybe Holmes was overlooked by Kelly but maybe he was also overhyped coming out of high school. It happens. I agree that there's not much to lose with a one-year grad transfer.

Yeah, but AET played way more than this guy and he was injured a bunch. Maybe Holmes was overlooked by Kelly but maybe he was also overhyped coming out of high school. It happens. I agree that there's not much to lose with a one-year grad transfer.
I agree, but the staff will evaluate him and if they bring him in, expect him to contribute bigly (Trumpism). I don't think the staff would bring him in just to have another WR.

Think he can play 2 years for us, no?
Plus, he is a legacy...

Think he can play 2 years for us, no?
Plus, he is a legacy...

He didn't play his sophomore year but his ND profile doesn't say anything about a redshirt. The process is more than a little opaque to me. Do you actually have to declare a redshirt or is it enough to not compete in any games to get a redshirt?

He didn't play his sophomore year but his ND profile doesn't say anything about a redshirt. The process is more than a little opaque to me. Do you actually have to declare a redshirt or is it enough to not compete in any games to get a redshirt?
Yeah, who knows? This grad transfer business is like the wild, wild west...

I have read in some ND articles on his upcoming graduation and transfer that he did redshirt his sophomore year.

I think y'all are looking at this wrong. There has been a lot of turmoil in the OC position since Holmes arrived at ND. I believe he started with Denbrock who was replaced as the OC by Sanford in 2015. Then last year Denbrock was the OC again. Now he has left for Cincy. Plus the kid is no dummy if he is getting his degree in three years.

Also he probably is waiting until he graduates this Spring and receives his release from ND before announcing what school he is going to attend. Butler had visited SU but it was all kept quiet until his last day at ND.

I doesn't look like most grad transfers have announced schools yet

I doesn't look like most grad transfers have announced schools yet
There's been a bunch of announcements since signing day. I really think its a steady drip until camp opens up, based on the research I've done so far.

There's been a bunch of announcements since signing day. I really think its a steady drip until camp opens up, based on the research I've done so far.
Have those guys graduated already?

Have those guys graduated already?
Some of the early ones. Others made up their minds around signing day and will go in the summer. Some are still waiting. It's a super muddy process without the fixed dates that HS recruiting has.

Some of the early ones. Others made up their minds around signing day and will go in the summer. Some are still waiting. It's a super muddy process without the fixed dates that HS recruiting has.
Maybe more of a factor of when the get the signed release from their current school.

I know it's in the best interest of the school to have them commit after signing day. Not so sure it's what's best for incoming freshman - but so it goes.

I would like a shot a Jeff Badet if he shows us any interest.

REC YDS AVG LNG TD ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
2016 31 670 21.6 72 4 1 25 25.0 25 0 :noidea:

Last edited: