Class of 2016 - WR Darnell Salomon (FL) Verbal to USF | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Darnell Salomon (FL) Verbal to USF

jekelish

Living Legend
Okay, this staff is shooting for the stars with this one but more power to them:

True, but I like it; it's a bold move. Besides, we can't win recruiting battles if we don't get involved in the fight.

Really not that unusual. Every cycle they offer highly recruited prospects.

With quality QB, Rex Culpepper joining stud RB Robert Washington the staff is putting together a high quality class; with each piece being added the picture is coming into better focus. Darnell Salomon, 4 star WR, may not be a piece that fit for us; however he is worth pursuing. At 6'3" 205 size at WR that picture would sure look good.
Go for it staff!
darnell Salomon1067967.jpg

With quality QB, Rex Culpepper joining stud RB Robert Washington the staff is putting together a high quality class; with each piece being added the picture is coming into better focus. Darnell Salomon, 4 star WR, may not be a piece that fit for us; however he is worth pursuing. At 6'3" 205 size at WR that picture would sure look good.
Go for it staff!
View attachment 45199

See post above.

True, but I like it; it's a bold move. Besides, we can't win recruiting battles if we don't get involved in the fight.
Why not is my thought. Syracuse is a NATIONAL school we are not Rutgers. I wrote about this in another post but there isnt a kid in this country that doesnt know about Cuse. Bball ensures that. I say go for it and i like the balls these coaches are showing.

Read the article. Not nearly as enthusiastic as I once was concerning Salomon.

I will give him credit for the length of what he did to apologize. At least he did that, and maybe he's sincere about how this impacted him. :noidea:

Don't need another Sales/Williams drama wise.

Another case of men judging a kid's actions without knowing anything about his situation. Kids make dumb decisions all the time. He did something stupid, he will pay for it. How about you give him a break and let Cuse decide if they still want to recruit him.

Another case of men judging a kid's actions without knowing anything about his situation. Kids make dumb decisions all the time. He did something stupid, he will pay for it. How about you give him a break and let Cuse decide if they still want to recruit him.
Kids get kicked out of universities for these types of actions. Why would they welcome someone in that has a history of this type of thing other than that he is fast and can catch a ball? I am all for second chances, but the staff would have to be VERY certain that it was a one time mistake.

orangefog said:
Kids get kicked out of universities for these types of actions. Why would they welcome someone in that has a history of this type of thing other than that he is fast and can catch a ball? I am all for second chances, but the staff would have to be VERY certain that it was a one time mistake.

Which they would - they seem very good about this kind of thing.

So, we're supposed to feel bad for him because we don't know his situation? Feel free to explain the situation that would necessitate someone stealing someone's wallet and iPhone. Then having to upload pictures onto someone else's cloud. Followed by an apology after getting caught red handed. I'm all for giving kids second chances and I never said Cuse shouldn't recruit him. But please, don't make those of us skeptical about this kid's actions out to be the bad guys here.

He stole a phone not sure what circumstance justifies that ... yeah people make mistakes but lets not make it sound like he didn't know taking someone else's things like that was wrong ... honestly.

So, we're supposed to feel bad for him because we don't know his situation? Feel free to explain the situation that would necessitate someone stealing someone's wallet and iPhone. Then having to upload pictures onto someone else's cloud. Followed by an apology after getting caught red handed. I'm all for giving kids second chances and I never said Cuse shouldn't recruit him. But please, don't make those of us skeptical of this kid's character out to be the bad guys here.
I understand where you are coming from and believe me that wasn't my intention. I am not trying to paint anyone out like a bad guy, it's just you are talking about a KID's character without knowing who he is or what he is about. Maybe next time we can all think of it as our child who messed up. I know I would be upset if people were talking about my kid like they know him or her.

I had a story that pertains to this from coaching basketball...yada yada yada but I am stuck at work and I should be working instead of writing on this board. Moral of the story is he has enough problems right now without old men discussing it and analyzing him because now they know one thing about him besides he plays football and has stars.

I understand where you are coming from and believe me that wasn't my intention. I am not trying to paint anyone out like a bad guy, it's just you are talking about a KID's character without knowing who he is or what he is about. Maybe next time we can all think of it as our child who messed up. I know I would be upset if people were talking about my kid like they know him or her.

I had a story that pertains to this from coaching basketball...yada yada yada but I am stuck at work and I should be working instead of writing on this board. Moral of the story is he has enough problems right now without old men discussing it and analyzing him because now they know one thing about him besides he plays football and has stars.
Unfortunately that's what message boards like this are: a bunch of grown ups talking about a lot of kids we don't know. He's obviously a talented kid, and he obviously did something stupid. I'm not saying that this was a case of one bad day, or a part of a larger pattern with him. I'm not making any judgments on that as I've spent very little time looking into it. I'm just saying that it's doubtful that there's a justifiable reason for him taking the phone and money, and that it's easy to sound contrite when you are caught. Not saying that he doesn't regret his actions, as I have no idea. As the old quote says, "To those whom much is given, much is expected". From the outside looking it, it can be frustrating watching kids who have a great opportunity at their fingertips make an unwise choice like this.

If the coaches think he is of good character in spite of this incident, then they will offer. If they don't, they won't. That's pretty much all there is to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom