Class of 2016 - WR Dez Fitzpatrick (MI) Verbal to Louisville | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Dez Fitzpatrick (MI) Verbal to Louisville

Man, I hope we land this kid!

Interesting tidbit from that article about a related recruit with ties to Fitzpatrick--did it suggest that Drew Beesley is going to commit?

Bailey always does this, he should be a boxing promoter the way he gives the underdog a shot. Ole Miss is the favorite IMO. I hope I am wrong but to many things line up in there favor.

Man, I hope we land this kid!

Interesting tidbit from that article about a related recruit with ties to Fitzpatrick--did it suggest that Drew Beesley is going to commit?
Sure sounds like it.

Bailey always does this, he should be a boxing promoter the way he gives the underdog a shot. Ole Miss is the favorite IMO. I hope I am wrong but to many things line up in there favor.

It's Miss St. and Bailey said in the article that his OV that was planned there for this weekend is off. Things are lining up for us really well here.

It's Miss St. and Bailey said in the article that his OV that was planned there for this weekend is off. Things are lining up for us really well here.

Or if his visit is called off for illness he could always reschedule his state visit, canceling one of his other two...

So hopefully we can keep his visit

The favorite based on what?

The fact that we have an official visit scheduled is quite impressive.

One of the things I didn't like early on in this recruiting cycle is that we took kids that seemed a little bit off the beaten path, and were reaches given how early it was and given the fact that we seemingly were going to bring in a small recruiting class.

The majority of those "reach" kids have since decommitted, and while we will likely bring in a few players at the same level as those kids to fill up the class, it makes sense given the time of year it is.

But the fact that we are still in the mix with a few 4-star type guys is very encouraging.
Taking reaches on kids off the beaten path early in the cycle was a hallmark of the former regime. I trust the coaches/next man up.

Sct reported that Dez canceled his Miss St visit. They're favoring Nebraska but don't report his visit to Syracuse this weekend. LVille still scheduled for 1/29

Sct reported that Dez canceled his Miss St visit. They're favoring Nebraska but don't report his visit to Syracuse this weekend. LVille still scheduled for 1/29
might not be coming this weekend.

So that means our top WR prospect and Top 2 RB prospects are off the board in 48 hours? Well that sucks.

And you read the stories that Hart was his idol and can't wait to meet him. How can someone that felt that way, change in a manner of 10 days to 2 weeks. Sometimes I think they come up with some the biggest BS stories.

Then why doesn't Mike Hart do a in house with him asap.:noidea:

And you read the stories that Hart was his idol and can't wait to meet him. How can someone that felt that way, change in a manner of 10 days to 2 weeks. Sometimes I think they come up with some the biggest BS stories.
Because at the end of the day, we are Syracuse University a football doormat for the majority of the lives of most of these kids. Until we can prove we can win, or at least put something exciting on the map, kids who have top tier options are going to take those options more often than not.

cuseguy said:
We're likely going to have to win with our scheme before we can attract talent.

And when we are winning and putting up monster numbers - these kids will be wishing they'd hopped on when the had the chance.

So be it.

Because at the end of the day, we are Syracuse University a football doormat for the majority of the lives of most of these kids. Until we can prove we can win, or at least put something exciting on the map, kids who have top tier options are going to take those options more often than not.

Agree, the last time we mattered at all Nationally was with Freeney back in what, like 2001? Most of these kids were literally still pooping their pants at that point. Combine that with the weather concerns that are probably minimal but real and the coaching transition. Yeesh, thats a lot to overcome against the majority of P5 schools.

And when we are winning and putting up monster numbers - these kids will be wishing they'd hopped on when the had the chance.

So be it.

And when we do, these kids who pass now won't matter to us, and we probably won't matter to them. But when we do, we will have top talent who wants in, and those kids will excite us and they will be excited about playing for us.

It's just a matter of time. That and Babers delivering that offense he plans on, and we all hope to God he can do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom