Class of 2014 - WR Jamal Custis (PA) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR Jamal Custis (PA) Offered

So... did you ask the question?

no, i don't even know how that works i think it's a separate app orr something? looks like he just got asked the same exact question again

Jamal Custis@Jamal_Custis11 10h
What schools are you looking at? — UVA, Rutgers, Pitt, Syracuse, UCONN and some more

Jamal Custis@Jamal_Custis11 10h
What schools are you looking at? — UVA, Rutgers, Pitt, Syracuse, UCONN and some more
He also said he is being recruited for both by schools like SMU, Ohio, and some others. He must be a real good player. I wonder if Jim would let him walk on? Could help seal the deal

@Jamal_Custis11: @Cuse_87 I'm not visiting the Cuse this week, something came up. Maybe next week

Heard McDonald say on the radio today coaches are on vacation all month? Is that even possible? Seems like we have rescheduled a lot of visits because nobody is arojnd

@Jamal_Custis11: @Cuse_87 I'm not visiting the Cuse this week, something came up. Maybe next week

Heard McDonald say on the radio today coaches are on vacation all month? Is that even possible? Seems like we have rescheduled a lot of visits because nobody is arojnd

I would think that there might be staggered vacations... so yes all the coaches would be taking vacation this month. The staff does have ACC Media days this weekend 7/21-7/22 . I guess we will know if this is true if Blake and Witter cancel for next week. The fact that they are going back to Drum 8/12-8/16 will also cut into recruiting time and will make it interesting with some of these prospects that want to commit early.

It does make me a little nervous that so many visits are being rearranged. Do the prospects not get into contact with coaches before scheduling an unofficial? I know officials there is a great deal of communication, I'm just surprised there doesn't seem to be much for the handful of unofficials so far in July.

It does make me a little nervous that so many visits are being rearranged. Do the prospects not get into contact with coaches before scheduling an unofficial? I know officials there is a great deal of communication, I'm just surprised there doesn't seem to be much for the handful of unofficials so far in July.

I think that there have only been two changes in visits...feel free to correct me if I'm missing someone besides Sykes and Custis. It could be with Custis that the staff just wants to bring in Witter and Blake first...higher in the pecking order.

Chad Mavety, Erv Phillips

I think you are even missing one, I really had the number 5 stuck in my head.

Mavety, Phillips, Sykes, and Custis at least...

I think you are even missing one, I really had the number 5 stuck in my head.

Mavety, Phillips, Sykes, and Custis at least...

I forgot Phillips because he has visited. Mavety..I'm not sure what to think on him.

Mavety canceling wasn't on the staff that was him. As far as Custis he isn't expected to commit soon and is being recruited as a hybrid TE so it doesn't have to do with pecking order. Most of the staff isn't around

Considering these guys work 7 days a week for an entire year I think it's ok they take a week or two off before preseason camp starts. Once camp starts they'll be at it 24 hours a day 7 days a week until February 7.

Considering these guys work 7 days a week for an entire year I think it's ok they take a week or two off before preseason camp starts. Once camp starts they'll be at it 24 hours a day 7 days a week until February 7.

Exactly. From August until February it's non-stop, and then even after that you still have over 100 guys to look after and make sure they're going to class, etc. Individual meetings with all of them, getting ready for spring practice, breaking down film from the prior year, making sure all the players are going to "voluntary" workouts. Not until after graduation do they truly get a "break".

Mavety canceling wasn't on the staff that was him. As far as Custis he isn't expected to commit soon and is being recruited as a hybrid TE so it doesn't have to do with pecking order. Most of the staff isn't around

Well some of them are around...don't think Rodney Williams was there by himself yesterday. At least this guy was there...

Coach Scott Shafer@Coach_Shafer 16h
Pugh Dog back to check out his banner Go get 'em with the Giants #CuseNation pic.twitter.com/IQGITy5ATv

View photo Hide photo

This kid never posts about football on his twitter. He pretty much only talks about girls. The only time i've ever seen him tpost any football stuff its in relation to PITT, so im not so optimistic about this kid, but maybe we can change his mind when he gets up here

This kid never posts about football on his twitter. He pretty much only talks about girls. The only time i've ever seen him tpost any football stuff its in relation to PITT, so im not so optimistic about this kid, but maybe we can change his mind when he gets up here

i've seen much more Syracuse talk then anyone else. Mostly it's Syracuse questions, and interacting with some recruits. I haven't seen much Pitt talk at all. I think we are in pretty good shape right here, especially if JB can let him walk on the hoops team

i've seen much more Syracuse talk then anyone else. Mostly it's Syracuse questions, and interacting with some recruits. I haven't seen much Pitt talk at all. I think we are in pretty good shape right here, especially if JB can let him walk on the hoops team

No offense to Custis, but I really doubt JB lets a kid walk on the basketball team just so he will come play football for SU. Maybe if the kid has talent, and JB would want him as a walk on anyways... But I just doubt SU basketball will factor into Custis' final decision to join SU (if he so chooses of course.)

No offense to Custis, but I really doubt JB lets a kid walk on the basketball team just so he will come play football for SU. Maybe if the kid has talent, and JB would want him as a walk on anyways... But I just doubt SU basketball will factor into Custis' final decision to join SU (if he so chooses of course.)

he is D1 basketball recruit as well. he was recruited to play both by a bunch of schools. Ohio, and I believe it was N. Mexico come to mind. He would far and away be the best walk on the basketball team would have

he is D1 basketball recruit as well. he was recruited to play both by a bunch of schools. Ohio, and I believe it was N. Mexico come to mind. He would far and away be the best walk on the basketball team would have

I knew he was being recruited, I'm just saying I doubt JB offers him a walk on slot just because other schools are recruiting him. Or more precisely just because the FB team wants him

Have you seen our walkons? Not sure why this would be a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I agree. It isn't like JB hasn't had football walkons in the past (a certain QB comes to mind). Besides, most walkons have fringe athleticism, which is why they aren't D-1 recruits. Having a walkon with FBS major conference level athleticism can only help when it comes to going up against the rotation players in practice.