Class of 2014 - WR Jamal Custis (PA) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR Jamal Custis (PA) Offered

Right because this board keeps each individual thread to each topic ... my initial post in this thread was directed at the Coleman post and nowhere did I change course ...
No needy to get your panties in a bunch, I was just trying to point out where the confusion may have stemmed from.

Rutgers fans seem to think they're in the drivers seat for custis. What's this board's opinion?

Rutgers fans seem to think they're in the drivers seat for custis. What's this board's opinion?
Still wondering if he's related to ex-orangeman Bernie Custis. Also from Philly.

i think he just visited there. we need to get scoop and rick on this. i also thought Franklin was mentioning him on twitter, they are both Philly guys. but haven't been hearing any Syracuse. I was hoping we could get a visit since we missed on Klock.

Yes he tweeted that he just visited /camped at Rutgers. Looks like, at the moment, he is concentrating on Pitt, RU, UVA and SU.

1. Jamal Custis@Jamal_Custis11 1h
  2. @Aj_Long3 I'm doing good, football practice later and 7on7. I'm coming up to the Cuse maybe on the 15th

1. Aj Long#⃣3⃣@Aj_Long3 1h
  2. @Jamal_Custis11 you luckt to have practice but ayyee you.gonna be our.second offensive commit
  1. Jamal Custis@Jamal_Custis11 1h
  2. @Aj_Long3 maybe man, I'm just taking all this in, I'm excited to get up there

1. Aj Long#⃣3⃣@Aj_Long3 1h
    @Jamal_Custis11 the coaches are excited for.you to.get up.there we need you.bro we need playmakers. You fit what we do

Probably means the former QB prospect from TX who now attends a Christian University a few hours from his home.
Yeah, that wasn't lost on me, but I thought I would throw a curve ball.

I've just been reading up on Custis, and I think my favorite thing is the fact that he's listed at 6-6 everywhere...except Sc**t, where they bizarrely have him listed at 6-3. I mean, really? How can they be that far off?

Chances we land this find young receiver?

In

Rutgers is going after 6'6 WR Edwards from Fla. Custis is not Rutgers first option.

Thanks for the update numbnutz. You don't know who's the first option after losing both Williams AND Canteen.

Syracuse is looking at Custis as more of a hybrid tight end.

Based on past experience if Buttgirls is saying Custis isn't a top priority it means that he turned them down :rolling:

Typical response. Custis would be a great pickup, but Rutgers is on this kick to re-establish the Fla. pipeline. Besides going for Edwards Rutgers is pushing hard to land some NJ players like Blacknall (long shot), Winfree (has RU #1), and Noah Brown (RU in his top 5). Custis is still an option, but just not the first one right now. In recruiting players move up and down on any teams' board at any given moment.

Rutgers is on this kick to re-establish the Fla. pipeline.

Is that in hopes that the farther away you recruit the less likely players will know that your program destroys potential.

Or because all of the B10 schools are now stealing your NJ players.

Or because joining the B10 hasn't opened up any new recruiting grounds in your B10 geographical footprint because those players all know you were brought on to be the whipping boy.

--> Otherwise it makes sense, why wouldn't mom and pop in Florida want to drive to Illinois, Minnesota, or Iowa. I mean damn, that sounds like one exciting freakin' road trip. Who cares how much you lose by.

Is that in hopes that the farther away you recruit the less likely players will know that your program destroys potential.

Or because all of the B10 schools are now stealing your NJ players.

Or because joining the B10 hasn't opened up any new recruiting grounds in your B10 geographical footprint because those players all know you were brought on to be the whipping boy.

--> Otherwise it makes sense, why wouldn't mom and pop in Florida want to drive to Illinois, Minnesota, or Iowa. I mean damn, that sounds like one exciting freakin' road trip. Who cares how much you lose by.

Rutgers has always recruited Fla., but got away from it the last few years. A lot of the Fla. kids set the stage for Rutgers success under Schiano. Rutgers now has 2 new coaches (from Fla.) with contacts in the area. They are just taking advantage of it. As for the B1G, Rutgers has been recruiting (with a little success) into Michigan, Minnesota and even Texas because of the B1G association. Btw, you can continue to talk crap if it makes you feel better. I'm not here to put SU down, but I'm here to talk football.