Class of 2014 - WR K.J. Williams to East Mississippi CC | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 WR K.J. Williams to East Mississippi CC

I don't disagree with you in theory but if you've got 12 WR's on the roster that really don't translate to other positions, and you're still adding more, then you're doing it to the detriment of depth at other positions. At some point you have to say enough is enough and address needs.

I also think there may be a few that won't make the cut and told they won't every play, and/or be asked to graduate. No inside info, just my opinion.

Glad that this is "verbally" official. AJ Long gets a big thumbs up here. KJ seems like the real deal and dominated in a recent 7 on 7. His crossing patterns were turning CB's ankles into mashed potatoes.

#cuse14 #orangenation

I would think we would be happy with KJ and Blake, but take Ishmael if he wants to come. Looks like he will take it the distance though so we need to have 2 on board just in case

I'm thinking the cap is a hard 3 at max. We took 3 last class, and Cooper will likely be reflected in the 2014 class by the recruiting sites (although he could be a jan enrollee after the fall semester at prep and count back against the 2013 class).

Either way, any more than 6 kids at one position over 2 years is really pushing it, unless the staff really feels that the quality on the roster is sorely lacking. If we take 2 more this year, it would put us at 12 WR's on the roster next season.

After the 2013 season, here's the WR eligibility:

Graduating: Flemming, Clark

1 year left - West RSR, Kobena SR

2 years left - Funderburk JR, Hale JR (could be 3 with medical RS)

3 years left - Lewis RSO, Cornelius RSO, Estime SO (assuming no redshirt), Winfield SO (assuming no redshirt)

4 years left - Cooper FR*, KJ Williams FR*, TBD FR?, TBD FR?
Did you forget Avant?

Just throwing this out here from thin air - I think Lewis ends up on D and don't think Hale ever sees the field for us.

It's been REALLY interesting to me that Marrone thought our WRs were solid and not a priority, and McDonald has clearly made upgrading the talent and numbers at the position immediately.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Did you forget Avant?

Just throwing this out here from thin air - I think Lewis ends up on D and don't think Hale ever sees the field for us.

It's been REALLY interesting to me that Marrone thought our WRs were solid and not a priority, and McDonald has clearly made upgrading the talent and numbers at the position immediately.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I totally forgot him. I edited the list above.

I'm not sure what happens with the Marrone guys, but I do know we have a few guys there that haven't played that don't necessarily translate well to other positions.

I also think there may be a few that won't make the cut and told they won't every play, and/or be asked to graduate. No inside info, just my opinion.

I'm going to agree with this. We may have numbers there, but clearly not the quality at the position that McDonald wants to have. So I think we can clearly expect some of the attrition to occur (that always does) to occur at the WR position after this year. I think GM is going to build up the quality and quietly behind the scenes suggest certain guys will never play here (hence the fact we are recruiting over them) in hopes that they can accept that will be the case, or that they move on to another school freeing up a scholly for us to utilize elsewhere.

KJ is also a nominee for the Army All American game. If selected, he'd be the first SU recruit to play in the game.
What are you talking about......Paulus played in that game! :)

to be a successful winning program we need to recruit over every player and let them battle it out at practice
Yes... But we aren't recruiting at that high a level at this point. They have clearly Identified WR as a position that needs a massive overhaul and quickly. I don't think they have done that with any other position except LB where we have a huge number (7?) leaving in next two classes.

Welcome KJ to the great Syracuse University.

We look forward to you helping with the return of "WR U"!

Art Monk, Marvin Harrison, Qadry Ismail, Rob Moore, Mike Williams, Tommy Kane, Rob Carpenter, Scott Schwedes, Deval Glover, Quinton Spotwood, and on and on.

You will be the next one and we can't wait to see you play in the ACC!

Art Monk, Marvin Harrison, Qadry Ismail, Rob Moore, Mike Williams, Tommy Kane, Rob Carpenter, Scott Schwedes, Deval Glover, Quinton Spotwood, and on and on.

You gotta add Kevin Johnson to that list my man. He and Spotwood are 2 of my all time favs even though Spotwood got injured.

to be a successful winning program we need to recruit over every player and let them battle it out at practice

Big time recruits aren't afraid of competition. Iron sharpens iron and such

And Alec Lemon :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Ahh yes. Perhaps I just haven't fully come to terms with the fact that he won't be playing for us next year. Any word on his status on making an nfl roster?

Thats usually a fact we don't read about as fact .When they don't show up ,its labeled "left the program. In any even it frees up those who have a chance to get on the field.

What are you talking about......Paulus played in that game! :)

I actually forgot he did lol. Fine, first Army AA that actually committed to SU out of high school. :)

Don't forget Mike Siano. I'll never forget that touchdown reception. Wow, what a game

George McDonald@CoachGMcDonald7 Jul
#WELCOME TO THE FAMILY I ALWAYS LOVED THE STATE OF PA! #onlythestart

Rodney Williams@R2XU67 Jul
Added another to Cuse14!! This class is tough
Retweeted by Zaire

Zaire@ZiggySmalls_7 Jul
#CuseFamily +1

Coach Lea@Coach_Lea7 Jul
#CuseFamily +1

BOWA7o0CMAAVBSP.jpg:large

Don't forget Mike Siano. I'll never forget that touchdown reception. Wow, what a game

Shelby "big guns" Hill! Absolutely agree with Kev Johnson and Lemon too. We have really had some amazing WRs that were a lot of fun to watch. I went to the Mizzou away game last year and watching Alec torch them was surreal.

Williams article from the Morning Call. No quotes but article says he'll take some other official visits.

http://www.mcall.com/sports/mc-kj-williams-liberty-picks-syracuse-20130708,0,1376430.story

Doesn't mean the sky is falling, but it isn't the best news in the world for us either. Still if we had to pick a position we would rather be in, this is the one. Ultimately I think KJ stays Orange, but if there was any guy that's already verbaled to us, that might flip out, my guess would be on KJ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom