WR Kevin Johnson Jr transferring to Florida | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WR Kevin Johnson Jr transferring to Florida

I wish him success wherever he ends up. I am guessing a step down at Rutgers, UMass, Delaware or UConn.
The Yukon coach claimed that he won’t take portal players. I’m sure he’ll change his position.

His Dad earned the right to let his kid go to SU and take his shot. It didn’t work out the way he hoped. I’m glad he gave it a shot. His Dad will always be a great SU player. Good luck to his son.

There is no reason not to be respectful of kids who committed to the program and for whom things just didn't work out at this level of competition. They aren't, as some people seem to see them, a commodity.
No one is being self righteous. Just pointing out that these kids deserve some respect.

And yes I am in a "Get off my Lawn I'm old and going to get Coronavirus" kind of mood.

I just cringe when I see people speaking in absolutes is all. I’m 1000% certain we’ve had kids here in the program that didn’t work out because they didn’t put out the proper effort or maintain the proper focus.

I just cringe when I see people speaking in absolutes is all. I’m 1000% certain we’ve had kids here in the program that didn’t work out because they didn’t put out the proper effort or maintain the proper focus.
And I'm pretty sure that almost everyone fails or makes a wrong choice at one time or another in their life. I hope that kids that transfer learn from the experience and can move on and succeed elsewhere.

Are you saying kj jr had the potential to be a great nose tackle?

The Yukon coach claimed that he won’t take portal players. I’m sure he’ll change his position.
I can kind of understand Edsall's position...kids transfer to play and if they don't win a starting spot they can become a problem....ect Alexander who quit when demoted.

I can kind of understand Edsall's position...kids transfer to play and if they don't win a starting spot they can become a problem...ect Alexander who quit when demoted.
I think Edsall has a point but sometimes a player needs a fresh start. Dino has it right you only bring in transfers if you think they have a great chance to get starter mins. Under Dino most have worked out well. My only complaint is I think Tristan Jackson bolted too soon.

He was a Florida type talent?

EDIT: Calling a kid dead weight is horrible. This is a public board. People see these posts.
This is a public forum on the internet, not a personal facebook page.

He was a Florida type talent?

EDIT: Calling a kid dead weight is horrible. This is a public board. People see these posts.
Way to misinterpret.

Sometimes threads just need to disappear. <poof>
B78A2ED4-08A6-43D7-94CE-19A531E8EF59.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors