Class of 2019 - WR Kevin Mital (CN) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (8/9/19) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Kevin Mital (CN) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (8/9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, quick look at highlights and I see time at WR, DE, CB and some really good special teams work. 1st impression: this is a big, strong, twitchy athlete who plays mean. Great find. Always an exciting time of year, it seems every year right about now the coaches pull a rabbit out of a hat.

1) so did anyone even know we were recruiting him?

2) does he get to use the Canadian running start rule?

obviously very physical but i got no sense of speed from that film, he looked like he over matched everyone size wise.

he set records up there. have WRs from that league gone D1 and done well?

If he is a good get it somewhat changes what we are looking for this year I would think, but still hard to tell if he is a 5 for 4 or a 4 for 4 guy.

How long will it take to adjust to not being able to run to the line of scrimmage before the snap. Can he beat a jam and use his hands. This could be really interesting. He has some real physical skill.

What a great pick up; Cuse coaches always have something good up their sleeves!

1) so did anyone even know we were recruiting him?

2) does he get to use the Canadian running start rule?

obviously very physical but i got no sense of speed from that film, he looked like he over matched everyone size wise.

he set records up there. have WRs from that league gone D1 and done well?

If he is a good get it somewhat changes what we are looking for this year I would think, but still hard to tell if he is a 5 for 4 or a 4 for 4 guy.
He gets the same eligibility as any other incoming freshman. So he'll have 5 to play 4.

His highlight tape is pretty impressive, even has a few pancakes on there:

Looks like he’s got some tools to work with and love his already muscular developed frame. I wouldn’t expect him to play any WR this year with the late start, adjustment to American ball and talent level. There is some talent ahead of him with some experience with the system that would be ahead of him. But I could possibly see 4 games of specials. Wondering how much of this is a reflection on the Hendrix situation as well.

Great get and even better he has 4-5 years of S&C as well as adjustments to college football.

Similar to Marlowe Wax the RB in 2020, Dino recruits football players. Not just a WR here. This kid is physically is there, he could be at many different positions. Special teamer in his early years is not unlikely! He is physical. I love it! Bring in a player who can do many things consistently good and see where he fits in to the team.

One of the underrated aspects of the WR position in this offense is blocking on screens. Custis was unbelievable at it, I thought, and we will need someone that is adept at blocking out there for the Riley/N. Johnson/Lutz/whoever else screens.

If this kid can do that, he might have a shot to play early. He definitely has the physicality.

Status
Not open for further replies.