Class of 2019 - WR Kevin Mital (CN) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (8/9/19) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Kevin Mital (CN) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (8/9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Senecal is QB making all those throws to Mital. He took an early offer from UConn. I would guess he is on Syracuse’s radar and depending on how things unfold, he might end up here. We have a couple of guys we like a little more but it is early and a lot will happen between now and NLOI day.

Le plus bel espoir du football québécois choisit l'Université du Connecticut

« Dès que Jonathan a annoncé son engagement avec UConn sur les réseaux sociaux, l’entraîneur de Syracuse m’a téléphoné pour me faire part de sa surprise. » raconte l’entraîneur-chef du Phénix d’André-Grasset, Tony Iadeluca.

Translate
« As soon as Jonathan announced his engagement with UConn on social networks, the Syracuse coach phoned me to share his surprise. » says the head coach of the Phénix d'André-Grasset, Tony Iadeluca.

We learn in the article that UCONN put a lot of pressure on him to make a quick commitment and several universities were interested in Jonathan but he committed after his first visit on the list...

Last edited:
I will go out on a limb and say the kid will flip from those stiffs if we offer. Playing for Randy on a vagabond garbage team without a conference vs playing for Dino and an ACC team on the rise? No contest
Read this post 3 times just to enjoy the term "vagabond" more than once.

Last edited:
Le plus bel espoir du football québécois choisit l'Université du Connecticut

« Dès que Jonathan a annoncé son engagement avec UConn sur les réseaux sociaux, l’entraîneur de Syracuse m’a téléphoné pour me faire part de sa surprise. » raconte l’entraîneur-chef du Phénix d’André-Grasset, Tony Iadeluca.

Translate
« As soon as Jonathan announced his engagement with UConn on social networks, the Syracuse coach phoned me to share his surprise. » says the head coach of the Phénix d'André-Grasset, Tony Iadeluca.

We learn in the article that UCONN put a lot of pressure on him to make a quick commitment and several universities were interested in Jonathan but he committed after his first visit on the list...
Lol - how does that work at UConn? “Young man, we only have 19 spots still open in this class. If you wait until signing day - that number might be down to 13.”

Can’t imagine he sticks there unless he has a very poor season.

Lol - how does that work at UConn? “Young man, we only have 19 spots still open in this class. If you wait until signing day - that number might be down to 13.”

Can’t imagine he sticks there unless he has a very poor season.

We don't really know the kid's level either?

My friend's son set records as a QB at a Canadian university. He had previously walked-on at USF and was a borderline all conference player for a middling D-II school in South Carolina.

Understandable. I mean, who in the right minds would have thought that the NCAA would do a decent thing and not screw a kid over?

Contrary to some reports, Kevin Mital is not yet on the Orange roster. But the Canadian wideout confirmed that he plans to join the program this fall. He's just waiting on his student visa and admission to the university.

Would imagine he's going to redshirt then...

If he would have played in the states, I wonder how they would have rated him.

Would imagine he's going to redshirt then...

Which isn't bad, given the depth / quality in the WR room.

Could see this kid contributing on day 1 on specials, but no problem with him redshirting if that's how it works out, due to the late start.

Unless I am not understanding the article, this doesn't seem to be an NCAA issue.

It sounds like its an SU admissions issue and US Gov't/Visa issue.

Thats what it sounds like to me as well.

Which isn't bad, given the depth / quality in the WR room.

Could see this kid contributing on day 1 on specials, but no problem with him redshirting if that's how it works out, due to the late start.

Based on SU only taking one WR last year (until now) and zero so far this year I think a RS makes a ton of sense from an SU standpoint. Still if he can contribute right away I am sure he will see the field especially in 4 games or less to keep that shirt.

Unless I am not understanding the article, this doesn't seem to be an NCAA issue.

It sounds like its an SU admissions issue and US Gov't/Visa issue.
SU admission can depend on NCAA Clearinghouse, especially when a player is coming from another country.

Couldn’t watch his videos at work. Just got a chance to catch up at home. Kid reminds me of Kelvin Harmon.

Holding my breath until this actually happens. We don't have a good track record in situations like this.

Holding my breath until this actually happens. We don't have a good track record in situations like this.
You mean our previous staff did not have good track record with situations like this! We will be fine

Last edited:
Great job Dino & staff fighting for this recruit! Others in Canada will see this & it will go far For us in the future! GO ORANGE!❤
Welcome to Syracuse & ORANGE NATION! kevin!

Status
Not open for further replies.