Class of 2019 - WR Kevin Mital (CN) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (8/9/19) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Kevin Mital (CN) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (8/9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow coaches seem to always have some hidden prospects. This kid looks like a future pro in my opinion and will flourish in Dino’s system.

1) he has the measurables, 6-2 and 210, running a 4.5. Sign me up
2) looks fluid and has great hands
3) as already stated he looks like he is a willing blocker and a good one. That’s huge in Dino’s system as already stated in something posts. Custis and Butler were stud blockers and those are huge for our slots to get out into open space and make plays. This is exciting, and I feel like every Canadian we have landed so far has been an athletic freak. I’m all for it.

Core special teamer this year,

I could see move TE/slot WR or strong safety/LB with ball skills.

Great get. Hes a stud plus he is here this year, is a year or two older than Gowdy, will be game ready by spring. Great job staff!

Hope he keeps #21. Wasn’t Calvin Johnson #21 as a WR? Deion Sanders as well?

He"s good.

Impressive -- two out of the top 3, and had a chance to go 3-for-3.

I have to believe that after landing a large group of the highest rated players from Canada over many years [versus just having a token player or two on the roster from up north] is going to really help us continue to mine talent from this pipeline. Especially for future versions of the more highly rated prospects like Meiga, who we lost out on this cycle.

Sure can't hurt our changes with Christian Veilleux, either.

One of the underrated aspects of the WR position in this offense is blocking on screens. Custis was unbelievable at it, I thought, and we will need someone that is adept at blocking out there for the Riley/N. Johnson/Lutz/whoever else screens.

If this kid can do that, he might have a shot to play early. He definitely has the physicality.
Put this player, and Johnson on kickoff returns, he can bury 1 guy and Johnson make one miss and the race is on.

There is gold up north for both football & hoops!

Love that we are tapping into the Canadian pipeline and getting athletic studs that have huge upside. Will be interesting to see how quick he picks everything up.

Canada’s Team

I know we've got a well stocked cupboard at WR...

How nice would it be if Kevin turns out to be the offensive or ST version of Alton. A lot to ask of him but he certainly has the size and looks the part.

Great job by the staff.

Great pickup, continues to show the staff is well organized despite missing out on two WR targets next year

Anybody else kinda fascinated by Senecal?

He looks 12.
Senecal is QB making all those throws to Mital. He took an early offer from UConn. I would guess he is on Syracuse’s radar and depending on how things unfold, he might end up here. We have a couple of guys we like a little more but it is early and a lot will happen between now and NLOI day.

Senecal is QB making all those throws to Mital. He took an early offer from UConn. I would guess he is on Syracuse’s radar and depending on how things unfold, he might end up here. We have a couple of guys we like a little more but it is early and a lot will happen between now and NLOI day.
Interesting.

Love the pickup here. A guy who likes blocking for his other receivers or crashing down the line so his RB can break up field is great. Looking forward to his play! Also lots of time between now and signing day. Let's see what another strong season and TD leading the offense does in helping turn Meiga cuz ya know we aren't stopping recruiting him.

I never put a ton of stock in highlight reels but that was great.

How long will it take to adjust to not being able to run to the line of scrimmage before the snap. Can he beat a jam and use his hands. This could be really interesting. He has some real physical skill.
Tommy Kane seemed to do ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.