Class of 2019 - WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 WR Nazir Burnett (PA) Committed to Ga Tech

Imagine being the first pass catching WR through the door as they transition away from the triple option...

Maybe what he's been looking for is a guarantee to play as a freshman? SU can't give it to him but will continue to recruit him with the hope that he softens his stance?

If the staff wants to keep a ship for him, they will. Good luck to the young man but the last position I am losing sleep over is WR. We are stacked there. Would rather see us save the ship for position of need or January enrollment next year.

If the staff wants to keep a ship for him, they will. Good luck to the young man but the last position I am losing sleep over is WR. We are stacked there. Would rather see us save the ship for position of need or January enrollment next year.
With the new recruiting rules can't save scholarships for the next year. No more back dating.

TIFWIW...My niece is a senior at McDevitt and on 9/21 she told me:
1. He wasn't staying committed to Syracuse.
2. He wants to go to Michigan.
I have no idea if the second part is actually true but she was right about the first part. She told me that the info came from his girlfriend. The whole process with the young man seems misguided whether he came here or not.

TIFWIW...My niece is a senior at McDevitt and on 9/21 she told me:
1. He wasn't staying committed to Syracuse.
2. He wants to go to Michigan.
I have no idea if the second part is actually true but she was right about the first part. She told me that the info came from his girlfriend. The whole process with the young man seems misguided whether he came here or not.
Okay but he has no offer from Michigan, unless you mean anywhere in the state of Michigan(W. Mich, MSU)he has offers from them. Good luck to him in any case.

I get a little frustrated with this kid but I don't know what his deal is. If it is the guys that are in front of him I could see where he is coming from. However, if he is that good, he then can play. Look at Taj Harris for example.

Okay but he has no offer from Michigan, unless you mean anywhere in the state of Michigan(W. Mich, MSU)he has offers from them. Good luck to him in any case.
When he originally decommitted it was reported Michigan was talking to him.

That was quite some time ago but still no offer, and by the way Michigan already has 25 signed commitments. I do not think they have any room at the inn.

Maybe that's where Jireh Prep comes into it? U-M wanted him to grayshirt? He may have changed his mind about that now if he's no longer following Jireh.

Grades could still be an issue. New coach, offer contingent on qualifying. Who knows such a bizarro recruitment

Exactly. I’d love to have him because he has the potential to be a star but if he ends up somewhere else, I’ll forget his name a couple hrs after signing day.

GT is the old temple staff. Im sure they saw him play a lot. The offer is just letting him know they still like him. GT have to find guys that can play in their spread pro scheme. While they push out players that were built for the triple option

He didn’t retweet a single tweet for all the Twitter content generated regarding the Camping World Bowl or the polls announced after ward.

I have no inside info but how could a player with strong interest in Syracuse football not show any interest in the school? Have to believe he is going somewhere else. What a shame; he would have been a great fit in the Syracuse offense. My bet is the staff decided to focus on players with no questions about qualifying instead of Nazir. Good luck to him; hope he finds a hope at a P5 school somewhere.

I think we’re loaded enough at WR to absorb this blow.

Hendrix, Jackson, Queeley etc. may not have had the video game stats this kid does... but I think they’re at least as impressive when taking into consideration the offenses they operated in in HS and the level of competition they buried.

He didn’t retweet a single tweet for all the Twitter content generated regarding the Camping World Bowl or the polls announced after ward.

I have no inside info but how could a player with strong interest in Syracuse football not show any interest in the school? Have to believe he is going somewhere else. What a shame; he would have been a great fit in the Syracuse offense. My bet is the staff decided to focus on players with no questions about qualifying instead of Nazir. Good luck to him; hope he finds a hope at a P5 school somewhere.
I would say the coaches have definitely moved on from Nazir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom