Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

Stretch offer anyway. Helped a local kid who’s got big stars in his eyes. Good luck, we’ll be fine.
Didn't he just get a MSU offer and schedule an official? I'm not saying he's gon abe great, but we've taken flyers on kids with far less interest.

Who cares?

Honestly -- local recruit, but stretch offer.

And the rating was on the wall given one went down with his brother.

Weak. Can’t even keep the hyper local kids home.

See above.

And keep the H0T Takes comin'.
Oops! Scrolled right past it because it was so weak. Stretch offer? Lol yeah let’s just have zero expectations for the football program forever.

Where’s Bruce Williams now? He’s always lamenting that SU doesn’t recruit enough CBA kids. He’s a three star kid. Just move on. If he wasn’t local, I doubt we even offer.
Bruce is correct. No offer to SirVocea Dennis out of CBA. Committed to Air Force - had eye issues I think color blind can't remember - so he transferred to Pitt and was just drafted by Tampa Bay in the 5th round. Billy Owens - CBA grad played at Pitt and the Cowboys. Mike Hart (OCS) , Latavius Murray (OCS) and there are plenty of others where we failed to notice what was in our own back yard.

Who cares?

Honestly -- local recruit, but stretch offer.

And the rating was on the wall given one went down with his brother.

Kids like this build depth and they help keep people who would buy tickets (locals) and invest in the program (young alumni coaches) supportive.

If we upgrade that’s fine. But if we pull some 4th tier Florida kid I hope people don’t pull that “diamond in the rough” crap.

I’m a bit baffled. Why offer a kid so early to then “run him off?”

I am missing something yet again.

Bruce is correct. No offer to SirVocea Dennis out of CBA. Committed to Air Force - had eye issues I think color blind can't remember - so he transferred to Pitt and was just drafted by Tampa Bay in the 5th round. Billy Owens - CBA grad played at Pitt and the Cowboys. Mike Hart (OCS) , Latavius Murray (OCS) and there are plenty of others where we failed to notice what was in our own back yard.

Mike Hart was never coming here.

Murray went to be near his dad if I remember correctly.

Marquis Walker was never coming to Syracuse.

Greg Paulus, round one, was never coming to Syracuse.

Just cause they are local, doesn't mean they want to come to Syracuse to play.

Branch ended up at UConn and then made NFL. I believe he was a track kid primarily.

Dunbar ended up at BC because they promised him a shot at RB, and we told him LB, then BC immediately put him at LB.

Sy, I wish you the absolute best in everything you do. Keep grinding man.

Branch ended up at UConn and then made NFL. I believe he was a track kid primarily.

Dunbar ended up at BC because they promised him a shot at RB, and we told him LB, then BC immediately put him at LB.
I never said they would of come here just because they were local. My point is there is a lot of talent here in our own backyard that was never offered and were not good enough to crap on 3 star recruits like the post I responded to when don't land 4 or 5 stars recruits. SU looks at tape, other teams go to games with proven recruiters and deeper pockets.

Yup, gotta remember these kids are in high school and never been away from home. A lot of these kids just want to experience away from home the first time and enjoy the freedom.

If we all think of ourselves when we were younger and high school I’m sure we all had similar mindsets and just wanted to get away from home for a little. Good luck to the kid

Cuse never offered Tyvon Branch. He’s one of my closest friends and we still talk about that to this day. And the consensus was always Paulus was going to Notre Dame. We went to Holy Cross together and then played travel bball together and did 2 years of Notre Dame bball camp. They didn’t want him playing both sports like he wanted so then he said fine I’ll just go to Duke since it’s just bball.

There’s always a story though folks…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom