Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

If that was the case he wouldn’t have decommitted and would have explored his options. His brother would have been just down the road. I don’t understand why most local kids don’t want to stay to play for Syracuse. It would be different if there was another school close by that had similar status like here in North Carolina (UNC, NC State, WF, Duke, but stay local. We need some good news in a hurry.

If that was the case he wouldn’t have decommitted and would have explored his options. His brother would have been just down the road. I don’t understand why most local kids don’t want to stay to play for Syracuse. It would be different if there was another school close by that had similar status like here in North Carolina (UNC, NC State, WF, Duke, but stay local. We need some good news in a hurry.
These kids are 17-18, SU has been a crap program during their entire lives, what little success we have had lasts one season. 5 bowl games in their 17-18 years on earth. We need sustained success, success meaning bowl games at least

These kids are 17-18, SU has been a crap program during their entire lives, what little success we have had lasts one season. 5 bowl games in their 17-18 years on earth. We need sustained success, success meaning bowl games at least
We keep saying this, but we need the kids to win. Winning isn’t going to happen on its own. The only was to have the success you mention is to recruit these kids and have then stick. Otherwise, it’s just a circular conversation.

Am I the only one that feels like Syracuse is a Farm Team in College Football? Our recruiting has been average to above average (which HCDB and staff have done well with the last few years).

A player gets established and starts to shine and then goes to another team. We can’t seem to keep any of the potentially good players in NYS. I don’t see how we can ever compete. I hope something changes or this misery will only continue to get worse. I am not normally such. Debbi Downer, but the bad news here recently has outweighed the good news.
Bottom line I think if we had a consistent winning team, those kids would not leave.

The same reason NYC kids don't play for St. John's. You want to get away from this environment and the school hasn't been good. If I'm a kid on the Southside, I'm packing my bags if I get the opportunity.

Bottom line I think if we had a consistent winning team, those kids would not leave.
Exactly. We now have a staff that should be able to coach up three star kids, and with the portal we have a chance to get higher end kids who we can’t get out of high school. We need to become a consistent bowl team and we will get more kids locally to come here. It’s the Catch 22 of needing talent to win and winning then helping to get talent. That’s where development comes in. Jason Beck and Rocky Long are ten miles ahead of the likes of Sterlin Gilbert and Brian Ward, so development is going in the right direction

I don't know if this kid will be good or not nobody does but I always laugh at the "don't worry the program will be fine" or "we will be fine posts" Like outside a couple of random years where our football team made a bowl or our basketball team magically sneaked into the tournament and won a couple of games suggests our programs will be "fine".

Am I the only one that feels like Syracuse is a Farm Team in College Football? Our recruiting has been average to above average (which HCDB and staff have done well with the last few years).

A player gets established and starts to shine and then goes to another team. We can’t seem to keep any of the potentially good players in NYS. I don’t see how we can ever compete. I hope something changes or this misery will only continue to get worse. I am not normally such. Debbi Downer, but the bad news here recently has outweighed the good news.
We are a farm team . It’s the new reality. Even the ones we do get , and develop, will get poached for a big time NIL. We will never return to the glory days of the late 8O’s and early 90’s. Glad I was around to enjoy them. Those days are over. Forget recruiting. Just pound the portal and let me know the names of the players in opening day. No need to invest your time in a player anymore. Good chance he won’t be here long

We are a farm team . It’s the new reality. Even the ones we do get , and develop, will get poached for a big time NIL. We will never return to the glory days of the late 8O’s and early 90’s. Glad I was around to enjoy them. Those days are over. Forget recruiting. Just pound the portal and let me know the names of the players in opening day. No need to invest your time in a player anymore. Good chance he won’t be here long
The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Everything is just going to be peachy, isn’t it?
The jury is still out on the effect of NIL on our future.
We could be devastated every year by cherry-pickers or we could be infused with all those four-star guys that now realize they should have come here in the first place.
Too soon to know which it will be.

Where’s Bruce Williams now? He’s always lamenting that SU doesn’t recruit enough CBA kids. He’s a three star kid. Just move on. If he wasn’t local, I doubt we even offer.

How many people felt this way before he decommitted?

Pretty clearly he got an offer because he was

1) local
2) related to Symir

(And a 3 star)

Well, one of those things changed and that’s probably why he decided to leave. That’s his choice.

Ironically, Symir was a 4 star who didn't start here:

College football has always been a farm system for the NFL. Our heroes don't stay here.

Three differences now: We used to be able to assume that the members of the team would remain so for the duration of the season. We used to be able to assume that they'd be here until their eligibility ran out. And now we are a farm team for the likes of Ohio State and LSU, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom