Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

Good hands and runs great routes while being 6'1"...take that every time especially with some speed.
Definitely excited for this kid. I assume you got 6’-1” from the BillSU write up. How do we know this? His 247 profile says 5’-11” and I believe his hudl said 5’-10”. Maybe he has grown and those have old data but where did 6’1” come from?

Definitely excited for this kid. I assume you got 6’-1” from the BillSU write up. How do we know this? His 247 profile says 5’-11” and I believe his hudl said 5’-10”. Maybe he has grown and those have old data but where did 6’1” come from?

I agree and yes, Bills write up

I think it was in the tweet I posted from Bruce Williams, the HC at CBA, that has since been deleted.

From Syair Torrence's Twitter today: CBA WR/DB ‘24 5’11, 195lbs

Where I've been looking for physical stats:

Rivals - 5' 10 184

Syr.com - 5' 11 165

247 - 5 11 185

On3 - 5 10 185

As you can see almost each site has a different Ht & WT. I'm standing with his Tweet at 5 11 195.

The disparity is very common among recruiting websites. Apologies from me. I got it at the time from an article from one of his coaches.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Syair Torrence's Twitter today: CBA WR/DB ‘24 5’11, 195lbs

Where I've been looking for physical stats:

Rivals - 5' 10 184

Syr.com - 5' 11 165

247 - 5 11 185

On3 - 5 10 185

As you can see almost each site has a different Ht & WT. I'm standing with his Tweet at 5 11 195.

The disparity is very common among recruiting websites. Apologies from me. I got it at the time from an article from one of his coaches.

He's not coming for 18 months. He might break the 6'0 mark by then.

He just looks like he has IT. Love his demeanor when he plays. Looks like he has total confidence and is in complete control. I think he’s going to be a good one. I don’t think it will take a kid like him long to see the field.
Erv Philips 2.0?

He just looks like he has IT. Love his demeanor when he plays. Looks like he has total confidence and is in complete control. I think he’s going to be a good one. I don’t think it will take a kid like him long to see the field.
Syair is…

963FE4B8-229E-4CA4-B664-4DF978389EB2.jpeg

Marcus Sales without the BS.
Mind went to Erv because Syair looks about similar height. Also, think he plays slot for us. That, and will occasionally sneak deep against defenses.

Mind went to Erv because Syair looks about similar height. Also, think he plays slot for us. That, and will occasionally sneak deep against defenses.
Sales and Phillips are both the same size so I could see it. I just think Phillips was an athlete who learned to play receiver. Whereas Sales was more natural to the position like Torrence. But just sick of basketball talk so not trying to split hairs with you. Happy to talk about something other than NIL and the portal.

Sales and Phillips are both the same size so I could see it. I just think Phillips was an athlete who learned to play receiver. Whereas Sales was more natural to the position like Torrence. But just sick of basketball talk so not trying to slit hairs with you. Happy to talk about something other than NIL and the portal.
Sales has the home town aspect as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom