Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

Kid probably wants to take his visits. He Alread saw from his brother when you go to a Midwest school.
No different her than a kid from California to visit su. Not coming just taking the official.

This would be embarrassing if we can’t hold on here.

It would not be "embarrassing" as kids change their minds all the time and this is no different but as long as Dino is at Syracuse I don't think Syair is going anywhere else but hey kids are kids.

There were also be more P5 programs coming after him, he's a talented athlete and a great kid

It would not be "embarrassing" as kids change their minds all the time and this is no different but as long as Dino is at Syracuse I don't think Syair is going anywhere else but hey kids are kids.

There were also be more P5 programs coming after him, he's a talented athlete and a great kid

I’m glad we’re recruiting kids other P5’s want.

It’s bad whenever you lose kids from your zip code, especially ones who were committed.

It’s bad whenever you lose kids from your zip code, especially ones who were committed.
Agreed. If the kid is truly a P5 DB, and we've put multiple DBs in the NFL in the last 5 years...and we lose him? Bad look.

In this portal world I have become so cynical and that applies to HS recruiting too. Really hope he stays with us but if not, onward and upward

This kid is an absolute specimen of an athlete

If he was in any other state he would easily be a 4 star athlete with the potential to be a 5 star

We can’t be surprised he’s getting other looks

Have to hope Dino’s connection here can hold through and the fact that he grew up as MASSIVE Syracuse fan

I'm going to guess he sticks with Syracuse. I don't like it because there is always a chance he flips. But you never know what may happen in the future. It probably makes sense for him to take some official visits and build some other relationships. Not a bad decision on his part.

Last edited:
I’m sure the fact that his brother was run off the basketball team isn’t sitting well. Why not look elsewhere?
Was he run off? I'm sure fans would welcome Symir as a bench guard; just not a likely starter/regular rotation player on this team. Thought he just wanted to move to a place to get more minutes for his final year.

I’m sure the fact that his brother was run off the basketball team isn’t sitting well. Why not look elsewhere?
I think the fact that Symir has gone kinda gives his brother "permission" to look at other schools.

Hope he stays committed but ....

I would think the style we are going to play would play to Symir's strength but playing 5-10 min isnt really how he wanted to finish it out.

Considering the state of the WR group he could start from day one
Agree. He would have a much better chance playing at su early. Also family gets to see him play 6 games a year.
I know we would have like him to tell MichSt thanks but no thinks. But kids are going to take visits for themselves and their family.
However if he was going to take other visits he probably should have waited to commit.

He wasn't run off. Symir can't play at this level and got the picture. That's two schools he performed less than below expectations. Did Marquette run him off too?

The best recruits regardless of zip codes are always going to be tough to keep. you want better recruiting this is the way things will go. Schools will continue to recruit him up until the day he signs. I could look back in this thread and I bet there are posters concerned about his talent level because of his lack of other P5 offers, well this is what happens when you recruit legit P5 talent and get a very early verbal-regardless of geographic location.

Agreed. If the kid is truly a P5 DB, and we've put multiple DBs in the NFL in the last 5 years...and we lose him? Bad look.

or just another CNY kid that chose to go elsewhere and go away to college. You guys get crazy with this stuff. He’s going through the process and also has a coach at CBA who knows the pros/ cons of going to college and playing D1 football in your hometown. It’s fine either way but like I said MSU won’t be the last and isn’t the best program that is still recruiting him.

OMG, some of you on here makes it sound as though we have already loss him. Like one poster said that he just probably wants to take and experience other schools OV. Matter of fact HCDB has preach to recruit to take your visits and make sure. The kid has over a years so he is doing what he feels is right
Give the kid a break and let him be a top recruit and make the best of it.

We want to recruit good players but when a good football program offers one of our commits, solidifying he’s a good player, we lose it. You guys can’t be annoyed when we land a recruit when we’re his only P5 offer then act like the sky is falling when a P5 program offers one of our recruits.

OMG, some of you on here makes it sound as though we have already loss him. Like one poster said that he just probably wants to take and experience other schools OV. Matter of fact HCDB has preach to recruit to take your visits and make sure. The kid has over a years so he is doing what he feels is right
Give the kid a break and let him be a top recruit and make the best of it.
If you are asking for sanity on this forum, you need to just get the HELL out of here, buddy!

We want to recruit good players but when a good football program offers one of our commits, solidifying he’s a good player, we lose it. You guys can’t be annoyed when we land a recruit when we’re his only P5 offer then act like the sky is falling when a P5 program offers one of our recruits.
There's a difference between a recruit getting good offers and a commit getting an offer from another school, and then scheduling an OV like 2 days later to that school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom