Class of 2016 - WR Taysir Mack (NY) to Indiana | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Taysir Mack (NY) to Indiana

Yes but despite the close proximity offering a kid from New Ro' doesn't register so much as a blip in the NYC Football community.

People the city, especially the PSAL, only care about kids in Brooklyn, Staten Island, The Bronx & Queens.

Landing a Westchester kid buys syracuse zero presence in the city. Rutgers is killing it. They're all over the social media feeds because the new generations of HS kids are all Rutgers Singees , offeress & wanna bes. Cuse hasn't taken a city kid since Wayne Morgan
More like they only care about Brooklyn and the Island. Cant remember a good PSAL baller from Queens or the Bronx. They usually go catholic or pull a Thomas Holley and go to Lincoln.

Not Good News

Taysir Mack has offers from schools in the ACC, AAC and MAC, but a Big Ten opportunity is sticking out as his recruitment continues.

The three-star receiver prospect from Brooklyn (N.Y.) Grand Street told Scarlet Report his leader is Rutgers, though he gave no indication when he will make a verbal commitment.

“It’s been an amazing process,” he told the site. “The recruiting process has been unbelievable. I have my sister at Rutgers and my teammates going there. They’re all encouraging me to go through recruitment and make the best decision for me. Yes, they’re telling me about Rutgers, but they want me to pick a school for my own reasons.”

Buffalo, Connecticut and Syracuse have also offered Mack, who is listed 6-foot-2, 183 pounds by Scout.

sutomcat said:
Not Good News Taysir Mack has offers from schools in the ACC, AAC and MAC, but a Big Ten opportunity is sticking out as his recruitment continues. The three-star receiver prospect from Brooklyn (N.Y.) Grand Street told Scarlet Report his leader is Rutgers, though he gave no indication when he will make a verbal commitment. “It’s been an amazing process,” he told the site. “The recruiting process has been unbelievable. I have my sister at Rutgers and my teammates going there. They’re all encouraging me to go through recruitment and make the best decision for me. Yes, they’re telling me about Rutgers, but they want me to pick a school for my own reasons.” Buffalo, Connecticut and Syracuse have also offered Mack, who is listed 6-foot-2, 183 pounds by . . . . . .

Uphill battle for sure - need to get him on campus.

The NYC kids appear to all want bigger schools, the amount of time spent on them might be better spent elsewhere, NJ, PA, GA, FL, MO,OH, and New England.

Honestly, it feels like he hasn't been a huge priority for the staff, so while I'm disappointed, it's not particularly distressing to me at this point if he doesn't wind up in Orange.

Sometimes it seems like kids from the city think upstate ny is lame. While kids from other parts of the country think "that's close to NYC and that media market"...
Haha! SO true. Highlight and underline this. Syracuse recruiting axiom #1

Not surprising. Honestly a little surprised it took this long for him to actually commit. The article tomcat posted back on 5/12 basically sounded like a commitment without the actual words "I'm committing."

I know I certainly didn't say that. I'm saying we never had a chance in this one.

There aren't a lot of elite NYC kids but we should be able to reel in a few. The city kids don't seem to give a damn about us

We're probably not going to be successful in NYS this year. But I would say for the most part, we knew that, and if we didn't, we should have. It's universally been recognized that this year is a weaker year than normal for NY (and that's saying something). 7 3 or 4 star players total with Zembiec being the 4 star. He was signed up to PSU long ago. 2 of the other 6 Poly Prep kids, a school we've not ever had success with that I can remember and their HC is a Rutgers alum. Taysir Mack, sister goes to Rutgers, teammates go to Rutgers. Jamir Jones, brother is at ND, they offer, he's likely gone. What does that leave? We all knew this going in...I don't understand why this is such a shock.

There aren't a lot of elite NYC kids but we should be able to reel in a few. The city kids don't seem to give a damn about us
Seems like we lost whatever traction we had down there when we lost Anselmo. Sign in left field at Yankee Stadium notwithstanding.

Seems like we lost whatever traction we had down there when we lost Anselmo. Sign in left field at Yankee Stadium notwithstanding.
The NYC recruits have a great opportunity to play close to home and in the B1G by going to RU. Think they pretty much are NYC's College team these days but I would take the NJ recruits over NYC kids in a heartbeat. Hoping a winning season in '15 assists in clearing up any negativity that the Cuse has in Metro NY.

The NYC recruits have a great opportunity to play close to home and in the B1G by going to RU. Think they pretty much are NYC's College team these days but I would take the NJ recruits over NYC kids in a heartbeat. Hoping a winning season in '15 assists in clearing up any negativity that the Cuse has in Metro NY.
yeah it's basically like we flip flopped they took NYC while we are starting to take more recruits from all of New Jersey from them. I mean I love NYC but New Jersey football beats NYC football any day of the week.

Orange4 said:
yeah it's basically like we flip flopped they took NYC while we are starting to take more recruits from all of New Jersey from them. I mean I love NYC but New Jersey football beats NYC football any day of the week.

We only got 4 NJ recruits last year, and 1 was a late addition. I wouldn't exactly say we are dominating in the state.

Mack had 2 P5 offers (Cuse and RU) and UConn. Bah (the other WR RU got) had RU and UConn. Not quite the transcendent talent one should be so dissapointed in losing. Basically the same as about 10 other WR on our board

No reason to whine over this one. Just doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme.

Next man up.

We only got 4 NJ recruits last year, and 1 was a late addition. I wouldn't exactly say we are dominating in the state.
Agreed but it's better than what we have been doing and getting better, the recruits seem to be more excited about Cuse than Rutgers, vice versa can be said about NYC kids.

Mack had 2 P5 offers (Cuse and RU) and UConn. Bah (the other WR RU got) had RU and UConn. Not quite the transcendent talent one should be so dissapointed in losing. Basically the same as about 10 other WR on our board

No reason to whine over this one. Just doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme.

Next man up.

I don't get this logic. Our qb recruits are choosing UCF, BC, Wake and SMU over SU. Not quite the transcendent talent one should be so disappointed in losing right? Oh wait, the board was over those guys and was almost meltdown mode when all went elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom