Class of 2016 - WR Taysir Mack (NY) to Indiana | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Taysir Mack (NY) to Indiana

I don't get this logic. Our qb recruits are choosing UCF, BC, Wake and SMU over SU. Not quite the transcendent talent one should be so disappointed in losing right? Oh wait, the board was circle jerking over those guys and was almost meltdown mode when all went elsewhere.
Well, let's not chalk up Moore in that group. He was already an SMU commit by the time we actually offered him, so it wasn't like he chose them over us. He chose them before we actually really started trying to snag him.

As far as BC and Wake, yeah, we just lost those guys. BC and Wake just beat us, flat out. I don't think Newman was ever realistic because we got on him so late, and Smith was probably never leaving the south, but we absolutely 100% lost Brown to BC.

But we're about to get a QB with a strong offer sheet next week, so who cares?

SU is really whiffing lately. Hopefully some of the underrecruited guys in more talent-rich areas have some more upside. Thankfully there are a few ways of winning in college football, one is having a senior-laden, mature roster of players who've developed and play with discipline, which is a formula most likely to allow SU to succeed.

I don't get this logic. Our qb recruits are choosing UCF, BC, Wake and SMU over SU. Not quite the transcendent talent one should be so disappointed in losing right? Oh wait, the board was over those guys and was almost meltdown mode when all went elsewhere.

There's this guy visiting next week...his name is Rex Culpepper. Has offers from Florida, Miami, Ohio St., etc. On commit watch. How does he figure into your rant?

There's this guy visiting next week...his name is Rex Culpepper. Has offers from Florida, Miami, Ohio St., etc. On commit watch. How does he figure into your rant?
I believe we're right to believe he's on commit watch, and most arrows point to Orange/PLatinum right now. But my god this board meltdown would be epic if he committed elsewhere.

SU is really whiffing lately. Hopefully some of the underrecruited guys in more talent-rich areas have some more upside. Thankfully there are a few ways of winning in college football, one is having a senior-laden, mature roster of players who've developed and play with discipline, which is a formula most likely to allow SU to succeed.
Other than maybe Brown who many of us thought/were led to believe was going to be Orange, who would you say that SU has whiffed on? Just because a recruit chooses a school other than SU doesn't necessarily mean SU whiffed on them. Every recruit who decides to go elsewhere (as all but a precious 18-20 will) doesn't equate to a failure by the staff.

SUFaninNJ said:
Other than maybe Brown who many of us thought/were led to believe was going to be Orange, who would you say that SU has whiffed on? Just because a recruit chooses a school other than SU doesn't necessarily mean SU whiffed on them. Every recruit who decides to go elsewhere (as all but a precious 18-20 will) doesn't equate to a failure by the staff.

Exactly. Brown hurt - but we miss out on kids all the time. As does BC, Pitt, etc.

The truth is a lot of NYC kids can't afford a trip up to SU. It's a 5 hour drive or a flight and an overnight at a hotel for whoever takes them up. More kids would go up but it's not easy to find someone willing to make that trip. I've personally taken a number of city kids up to the Hill but I can count on 1 hand how many others have driven up (and still have 4 fingers left)

These kids can visit Rutgers for the afternoon and it super easy to find a HC or asst coach willing to drive over the river to check out a P5 program.

We're in big trouble in NYC. The next generation of recruits don't even know the Wayne Morgan's, Alvin's, Hunt's etc

All they know are the Rutgers kids.

I hate to say it because I put a lot of work into trying to further establish Cuse in NYC but Rutgers owns the city.

To be honest the staff did a terrible job putting out fires caused by Rob Moore & Bullough quotes in print and we still haven't rebuilt our relationships with the top PSAL coaches.

The truth is a lot of NYC kids can't afford a trip up to SU. It's a 5 hour drive or a flight and an overnight at a hotel for whoever takes them up. More kids would go up but it's not easy to find someone willing to make that trip. I've personally taken a number of city kids up to the Hill but I can count on 1 hand how many others have driven up (and still have 4 fingers left)

These kids can visit Rutgers for the afternoon and it super easy to find a HC or asst coach willing to drive over the river to check out a P5 program.

We're in big trouble in NYC. The next generation of recruits don't even know the Wayne Morgan's, Alvin's, Hunt's etc

I hate to say it because I put a lot of work into trying to further establish Cuse in NYC but Rutgers owns the city.

To be honest the staff did a terrible job putting out fires caused by Rob Moore & Bullough quotes in print and we still haven't rebuilt our relationships with the top PSAL coaches.
Rutgers does not own the city, when psu, notre dame, or osu wants a kid from the city they get them.

Rutgers does not own the city, when psu, notre dame, or osu wants a kid from the city they get them.
You're missing the point. Of course when a selector school offers they can pluck a kid out of anywhere but Rutgers has racked up 6 - 7 NYC kids in the past 12 months. Every kid in the city is talking about this NJ school while we haven't had a kid go orange since Marrone.

Trust me Rut owns NYC. I'm not happy about it but that's the truth

You're missing the point. Of course when a selector school offers they can pluck a kid out of anywhere but Rutgers has racked up 6 - 7 NYC kids in the past 12 months. Every kid in the city is talking about this NJ school while we haven't had a kid go orange since Marrone.

Trust me Rut owns NYC. I'm not happy about it but that's the truth
I think your missing the point that a school that doesn't land the best prospects from an area can't OWN it. If you mean that they are recruiting better than syracuse in NYC, fine I agree but owning it is going to far.

The truth is a lot of NYC kids can't afford a trip up to SU.

Yet somehow the Florida kids find their way up here.

I've said this numerous times over the years, I don't care if we "own NYC" or not. I just care that when LOI's are signed, we have similar talent or better than the year before. I don't care where they come from. We get more kids from other states much farther away than we do from NYC or NYS in general and the kids from other states come in with more hours of practice and games under their belts.

If Rutgers is "owning NYC" great because everyone in the B10 is thinking, guess we know who'll be fighting for last again in years to come.

You can quibble with me over the word "own" if you like but I live in Brookln and I know all these kids and coaches very well, and to a person they will tell you Rutgers owns the city.

Ever since Flood turned his focus to seriously recruit here Rutgers has blown everyone else out of the water.

Flood specifically recruits the Brooklyn kids by telling them Rutgers is the "real city school" not SU and he's got the numbers to prove it. He's kicking our ass up and down Broadway and it's embarrassing.

In the past 2 years NYC has produced the following P5 commits:

RUTGERS
deonte Roberts EHall
Blessuan Austin Campus Magnet/ Milford
Kamaal Seymor Grand St
Ahmed Bah Grand St
Taysir Mack Grand St
Alex Badine Jefferson/Grand St (preff walk-on)

BC
Ray Marten Poly

CUSE
-

There haven't been any national level recruits since Holley & Jay Hayes but that was the year befor Flood broke through in NYC. And I guarantee you Rut will be a player till the end for the next one. They have positioned themselves perfectly by running circles around Cuse in offers and commits.

They also beat us to offering the top '17 & '18 kids (2 national kids) And have had both on campus already along with half of the other underclassmen via camps and unofficials.

The next time Cuse wants a quality city kid we are 1st going to have to beat out Rutgers before the selector schools

And prob most important of all, city kids now see Rutgers as the cool school that's making moves on a national level while they see us a team that needs a lot of help to compete again.

The city coaches all love Flood while the 2 most powerful coaches in PSAL were both dissed in print by SU coaching staff and 1 of those incidents went unaddressed by the staff for over 6 months

Trust me Joe Adams has his a BIG mountain to climb if he wants to land a city kid.

Easy bro. The only one panicking is you.
You can quibble with me over the word "own" if you like but I live in Brookln and I know all these kids and coaches very well, and to a person they will tell you Rutgers owns the city.

Ever since Flood turned his focus to seriously recruit here Rutgers has blown everyone else out of the water.

Flood specifically recruits the Brooklyn kids by telling them Rutgers is the "real city school" not SU and he's got the numbers to prove it. He's kicking our ass up and down Broadway and it's embarrassing.

In the past 2 years NYC has produced the following P5 commits:

RUTGERS
deonte Roberts EHall
Blessuan Austin Campus Magnet/ Milford
Kamaal Seymor Grand St
Ahmed Bah Grand St
Taysir Mack Grand St
Alex Badine Jefferson/Grand St (preff walk-on)

BC
Ray Marten Poly

CUSE
-

There haven't been any national level recruits since Holley & Jay Hayes but that was the year befor Flood broke through in NYC. And I guarantee you Rut will be a player till the end for the next one. They have positioned themselves perfectly by running circles around Cuse in offers and commits.

They also beat us to offering the top '17 & '18 kids (2 national kids) And have had both on campus already along with half of the other underclassmen via camps and unofficials.

The next time Cuse wants a quality city kid we are 1st going to have to beat out Rutgers before the selector schools

And prob most important of all, city kids now see Rutgers as the cool school that's making moves on a national level while they see us a team that needs a lot of help to compete again.

The city coaches all love Flood while the 2 most powerful coaches in PSAL were both dissed in print by SU coaching staff and 1 of those incidents went unaddressed by the staff for over 6 months

Trust me Joe Adams has his a BIG mountain to climb if he wants to land a city kid.

In NFL history dating back to 1926, only 77 players from NYC have played in 50 or more games, not such a big deal. We have in the past recruited New England, PA, NJ, Mid-West, and Florida, in NY, Long Island, Upstate, Southern Tier, and Western NY. NYC isn't that big a deal, as long as we are able to get back in the areas we were before, we're fine.

Yes my bad I forgot Curtis who obv went to OSU

Cuse was never in running for him b/c Rob Moore offended him and Rut was def in the conversation up until he verballed

I'm sure I am overreacting (lol) but it really pisses me off as a city guy because we're producing better football players than ever before and when the 1st 4 star decides to stay home I don't want him to end up in Nj

Another problem solved by winniny football games

Yes my bad I forgot Curtis who obv went to OSU

Cuse was never in running for him b/c Rob Moore offended him and Rut was def in the conversation up until he verballed

I'm sure I am overreacting (lol) but it really pisses me off as a city guy because we're producing better football players than ever before and when the 1st 4 star decides to stay home I don't want him to end up in Nj

Going to cuse isnt staying home for an nyc kid. And rutgers isnt owning the city until they land at least one big fish.

NYC- who cares? Lots of pomp, very little circumstance. Rob Moore was right. The city is not worth "owning" and certainly not at the expense of more fertile recruiting areas. When there is a kid who fits the SU profile I am sure the staff will recruit him.

The past two years nobody's even heard of those kids so who cares, they stink and so does Rutgers.

I'll take the kid we got from New Rochelle and the two kids from the Island over any of those city kids. Flood is from the city and that's the best they can do lol.

RoofBeam said:
NYC- who cares? Lots of pomp, very little circumstance. Rob Moore was right. The city is not worth "owning" and certainly not at the expense of more fertile recruiting areas. When there is a kid who fits the SU profile I am sure the staff will recruit him.

We have been recruiting them. They just aren't interested.

Saying NYC kids suck is just silly.

Imagine if SU were able to keep the City kids starting with Marrone's tenure:

Dominique Easley - 1st Round Draft Pick
Ishaq Williams was slated to start at ND and would have been a 3 or 4 year started for us
Ebo - was ready to play if not start for Clem this year would've been a 3 or 4 year starter in Orange
Augustus Edwards would have started at RB for us last year
Jay Hayes - was starting by end of Frosh at ND
Curtis Samuel - would have started Game 1 frosh year and been the most electrifying player we've had in generations

dont sleep on NYC. There is a reason Nebraska just offered 2 '17 & '18 kids from Brooklyn.

BKCuse said:
Saying NYC kids suck is just silly. Imagine if SU were able to keep the City kids starting with Marrone's tenure: Dominique Easley - 1st Round Draft Pick Ishaq Williams was slated to start at ND and would have been a 3 or 4 year started for us Ebo - was ready to play if not start for Clem this year would've been a 3 or 4 year starter in Orange Augustus Edwards would have started at RB for us last year Jay Hayes - was starting by end of Frosh at ND Curtis Samuel - would have started Game 1 frosh year and been the most electrifying player we've had in generations dont sleep on NYC. There is a reason Nebraska just offered 2 '17 & '18 kids from Brooklyn.

Agree. But our track record getting those kids is depressing. They see us as small time. Two much familiarity. I said it in another thread - it takes a certain humility to choose Cuse for NYC kids. Without generalizing too much - bright lights of NYC > bright lights of SEC seems like what happens most of the time.

You spoke about a lack of loyalty or apology from our staff - do you think NYC coaches would return that loyalty if the right inroads were made? Or do they see upstate NY like a wasteland?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom