WSTM just said | Syracusefan.com

WSTM just said

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
KC & Philly may also be interested in interviewing Marrone

Philly rumor was just texted to me by my son in Albany

Interviews with Cleveland and Buffalo.

Interest from Philly, KC and Chicago.

Unless Marrone intends to stay at Syracuse, it's hard to believe he won't land one the four openings.

Like I said if I were Marrone I would have my bags packed, you can't win consistently in the ACC/ BCS levelwith the model Syracuse is using. If they can't afford BCS facilities than just admit we are happy at sporadic bowl births and a half empty stadium. Nobody will want this job after Marrone leaves, nobody worth hiring. Syracuse needs to step up to the pump. We are losing recruiting battles right now because of a complete lack of facilities

TGD...your serve
Exactly. Ball's in his court ... and we'll see if he can back all all these "happy" statements he's made about the football program. Hard to believe the fundraising (for coaching salary increases) has been problematic with the team's success the second half of the season.

The other thing to think about... Maybe Doug just wants to basically triple his salary and be an NFL head coach... Doesn't always need to be a conspiracy and sure I bet there are some issues but who doesn't have issues. I think people may be reading too much into this, including myself. I don't know

Like I said if I were Marrone I would have my bags packed, you can't win consistently in the ACC/ BCS levelwith the model Syracuse is using. If they can't afford BCS facilities than just admit we are happy at sporadic bowl births and a half empty stadium. Nobody will want this job after Marrone leaves, nobody worth hiring. Syracuse needs to step up to the pump. We are losing recruiting battles right now because of a complete lack of facilities

Why don't you lead the fundraising?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I think the Philly rumor is hot air. Owner Jeff Lurie has made clear that he either wants a creative college genius a la Chip Kelly, or a superior offensive mind from the ranks of NFL offensive coordinators. Marrone's name has not been mentioned in any Philly story that I've seen, and I've read quite a few of them.

Uh, I stand corrected...:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Syracuses_Doug_Marrone_on_Eagles_radar.html

Exactly. Ball's in his court ... and we'll see if he can back all all these "happy" statements he's made about the football program. Hard to believe the fundraising (for coaching salary increases) has been problematic with the team's success the second half of the season.

I really really doubt this is about salary.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Let's hope it's an ace

Dr. Gross is a pretty good tennis player so I'd say we have a chance here. Seems like Doug has earned some pretty nice job opportunities.

I will bet that if Kelly leaves Oregon you will see Chris Petersen from Boise in Eugene in a heartbeat...I think it's the only job he hasn't turned down the last 5 years

I think the Philly rumor is hot air. Owner Jeff Lurie has made clear that he either wants a creative college genius a la Chip Kelly, or a superior offensive mind from the ranks of NFL offensive coordinators.

I was at Lurie's presser yesterday and in the room for three interviews he did immediately afterwards. He didn't say any of that.

Taking with a grain of salt, but an apparent friend of DM down here in Texas is pretty sanguine on his departure. We will be hearing potential interviews with several teams, but the likely landing spot is Buffalo. Hoping something like the 'fiscal cliff resolution' is happening behind the scenes at CUSE or we might lose him. Our pending recruiting class is now on the line. Ebo/Smith decision announcements and the sharks around Zach Allen will be interesting themes in the next 48 hours.

Hoping for a positive last minute deal for DM to stay..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom