WVU opens -7 over Cuse... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

WVU opens -7 over Cuse...

At one point he said a wr would be working in also. I cant make this stuff up. Face it fellas, again, WVU had higher, much higher expectations , like the F4 until 2 close losses to end the season. For some teams bowl practices are the starr if spring 2019.

Including SU.

Including SU.

Agree, but we are ecstatic with 9-3 and the CWB. WVU is not. Most bowls consist of a team that is ecstatic to be there and one that is feeling consolation. its been that way for years.

Agree, but we are ecstatic with 9-3 and the CWB. WVU is not. Most bowls consist of a team that is ecstatic to be there and one that is feeling consolation. its been that way for years.

And I have no idea what any of that has to do with my first response to you about Vegas insiders saying Grier was worth 7 points in the line and wvu treating this as spring practice and playing a wr at qb. But I don’t care anymore.

And I have no idea what any of that has to do with my first response to you about Vegas insiders saying Grier was worth 7 points in the line and wvu treating this as spring practice and playing a wr at qb. But I don’t care anymore.

Its easy, $$$$ moves lines, no grier= 7 points of transition. WVU is messing around a bit and experimenting as a result of their qb sitting and playing wo him for the first time. . Bottom line is we are more fired up to be at the CWB than WVU is. Hence the 9 pt swing.

Its easy, $$$$ moves lines, no grier= 7 points of transition. WVU is messing around a bit and experimenting as a result of their qb sitting and playing wo him for the first time. . Bottom line is we are more fired up to be at the CWB than WVU is. Hence the 9 pt swing.

No Grier did not cause seven points of the downswing. That was a few points. The other reason you cited, WVU disappointed and SU excited, is causing the line movement down.

No Grier did not cause seven points of the downswing. That was a few points. The other reason you cited, WVU disappointed and SU excited, is causing the line movement down.

Agree, but thats all related. the LT sitting too.

Says 4 points. Just what the line moved when he was declared out.

“On Friday, rumors began circling of Dana Holgorsen’s potential decision to play Grier for only a small portion of the game — perhaps just a quarter. That’s when the line began to fall. By late afternoon, West Virginia was already down to -4.
Following the official announcement Saturday, however, that line movement has continued. The Mountaineers are now just a 1.5-point favorite.

The spread hasn’t been the only bet affected by Grier’s decision, though. As oddsmakers have taken about six points off the West Virginia line, they’ve done the same with the total. After opening at 74, the over/under is now down to 68.”

Heard the same on VSIN. In the eyes of Vegas Grier is worth about a TD. Give or take depending on the book.

“On Friday, rumors began circling of Dana Holgorsen’s potential decision to play Grier for only a small portion of the game — perhaps just a quarter. That’s when the line began to fall. By late afternoon, West Virginia was already down to -4.
Following the official announcement Saturday, however, that line movement has continued. The Mountaineers are now just a 1.5-point favorite.

The spread hasn’t been the only bet affected by Grier’s decision, though. As oddsmakers have taken about six points off the West Virginia line, they’ve done the same with the total. After opening at 74, the over/under is now down to 68.”

Heard the same on VSIN. In the eyes of Vegas Grier is worth about a TD. Give or take depending on the book.

One article says 4 one says 5. You’re confusing a line being changed with movement based on betting action. But I don’t care, I got in at SU +7.

people also need to remember, most of the betting takes place late in bowl season, so many are just getting around to betting this game and seeing Grier gone. the qb being gone is something people can see, teams not caring is not anything 99% have a feel for.

I mean the line stabilized for awhile and now is su -3 thats more than people thinking WV doesnt care.

have to remember sharp money is just as much about volume as making smart bets too.

I was lucky to get cuse +2.5 a while ago, and then just to be a pr1ck I took cuse -10.5 for +250 before the game!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom