WWE Thread | Page 116 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Survivor series 2003 was loaded and the Rock was not even there. Royal rumble 2001 is great. Obviously WM 17.

Just watched ECW One Night Stand 2005 tonight. Considered one of the best ppvs ever.
That One Night Stand PPV was NUTS. Just a completely unique feel due to the nature of the PPV with great matchups and matches.

That One Night Stand PPV was NUTS. Just a completely unique feel due to the nature of the PPV with great matchups and matches.
Yeah some very good matches that also had their great nostalgia moments and they did a great job with different spots for all the former guys. Including the ending which was pretty epic.

Yeah some very good matches that also had their great nostalgia moments and they did a great job with different spots for all the former guys. Including the ending which was pretty epic.
I think I watched it on the Network years ago and as great as it was, Sandman’s entrance not having “Enter Sandman” makes it not nearly the same because that was the best part of the whole show IMO! Amazingly, I couldn’t even find it on YouTube just now, and it definitely used to be on there.

Pathetic that WWE can’t pony up the $ to get arguably the best entrance in history on their network.

I think I watched it on the Network years ago and as great as it was, Sandman’s entrance not having “Enter Sandman” makes it not nearly the same because that was the best part of the whole show IMO! Amazingly, I couldn’t even find it on YouTube just now, and it definitely used to be on there.

Pathetic that WWE can’t pony up the $ to get arguably the best entrance in history on their network.
Mike Awesome (rip) was out of his damn mind, but insanely athletic for his build

Alright, found the real entrance! Glad it still exists! The crowd singing the entire time was everything.

II have heard that SummerSlam 2002 had the most loaded card in terms of matchups between historically elite talent.

There was so much talent at the time.
Other cards have had as much name talent, but probably none had them lined up in head to head matches like this one.

Looking at the card, 6 of the 9 matches were.

Angle vs Mysterio
Flair vs Jericho
Edge vs Eddie Guerrero
Rob Van Dam vs Benoit (although that may be removed from the Network)
HHH vs Shawn Michaels
Rock vs Brock Lesnar

Other HOF'ers on the card, who were in less inspiring matches were the Undertaker (vs Test), Booker T and Goldust (who will eventually get in). And Booker T / Goldust ended up against Christian/Lance Storm who were not duds

Only one match of the 9 did not involve a Hall of Famer.

Last edited:
Just threw on Survivor Series 93 and the first team that comes out is: IRS, Diesel, Rick Martel, and Adam Bomb.

That is as random as it gets. I don’t know whether to stick with it or abandon ship(I watched this live as a kid but not since).

Just threw on Survivor Series 93 and the first team that comes out is: IRS, Diesel, Rick Martel, and Adam Bomb.

That is as random as it gets. I don’t know whether to stick with it or abandon ship(I watched this live as a kid but not since).

I think I watched that one at some point last year.
At some point Bastion Booger comes out, and the rest of his team is eating a bunch of crap in the ring... somebody slips on a banana peel.

That was a tough era for the WWE.

Because of this thread I started watching WM 12 on Peacock. Iron man match with Brett Hart and Shawn Michaels and Lawler says right now Michaels thinks he is back in Syracuse. The world is interconnected
I’ve got Survivor Series ‘95 on right now, and Mr. perfect on commentary said “welcome back to Syracuse, Shawn!” as he was getting pummeled. Then Vince talked about Shawn getting beat up by “9 thugs in Syracuse, New York!”

Lol. Must’ve been a common reference in that era.

Haha... forgot about the HBK/Cuse story.

Had to go back down that rabbit hole for the details (not what Vince said happened)...

I watched Backlash 2000. Excellent main event between The Rock and Triple H. Huge pop for Stone Cold who helped deliver the title to Rock.

Alright, found the real entrance! Glad it still exists! The crowd singing the entire time was everything.

We used to watched ECW religiously, and I remember always thinking that I never wanted to attend an event live. The crowd was terrifying.

I watched Backlash 2000. Excellent main event between The Rock and Triple H. Huge pop for Stone Cold who helped deliver the title to Rock.
Popped a few attitude era ppvs on this weekend at my buddy's camp. Watched Survivor Series 2000 which had a great match between y2J and Kane, Taker vs Angle (where a fake Kurt was used to steal a victory, I never knew of this until this weekend), HHH vs Austin where Austin dropped HHH from a forklift (lol), Rock vs Rikishi. So much talent. Also may have put on some of Backlash 2000 as well.

Just to get guys paydays.

Wondering why the app isn’t giving me the option to watch this PPV from the beginning? Even when rewinding it with the button, it’s not letting me go to the beginning. What the hell? Just got home and want to watch it straight through from the beginning, not piece meal it.

Good show. These foreign crowds seem to make these PPVs so much better. They went absolutely bonkers several times, and it just helped the presentation of things so much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom