Xmas getting the old Paul Harris treatment | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Xmas getting the old Paul Harris treatment

I'm sure there's a way to find out for sure (I don't know where/how to find it and I don't really feel like it) but I don't recall Christmas making a non-dunk shot in several weeks. Point being- I can only laugh at all the clamoring around here for getting the ball to him when he is simply not a legitimate scoring option. And, no, don't tell me he hasn't had his opportunities to prove otherwise.
For the past several weeks he's basically been a foul machine, a decent shot blocker and a marginal rebounder—and in actuality not much of an improvement over board whipping boy BMK.
Essentially he is Mookie Watkins redux.

First minute of the G-Tech game, he made a jumper. The improvement over BMK is that teams actually have to guard Christmas. Nobody guards Keita. At all. He stands under the basket by himself, and no one even thinks of passing him the ball. Having Christmas in there opens the court up so much more. Keita is a liability on offense. Hell, at this point, you don't even have to block Keita out on the offensive glass either. If he actually comes down with a board, it's most likely going to be a turnover or a missed layup.

Serious questions–and I honestly don't know how to find the information that would answer them, but perhaps someone on here does.
1) How many games this year has Rak made it to halftime with less than 2 fouls?
2) What is his shooting % this year on non-dunks?

Do lay-ups count as "non-dunks?" I could do it, but if you want me to count lay-ups as dunks, that's a tad more onerous. And not sure I'm going to invest that much time.

Do lay-ups count as "non-dunks?" I could do it, but if you want me to count lay-ups as dunks, that's a tad more onerous. And not sure I'm going to invest that much time.
How about just number one?

How about just number one?

Georgia Tech
Notre Dame
Duke (Game 1)
Miami
Pittsburgh (Jan 18th game)
UNC
Miami
HP
St. Johns
Binghamton
Minnesota
Colgate
Fordham
Cornell

Georgia Tech
Notre Dame
Duke (Game 1)
Miami
Pittsburgh (Jan 18th game)
UNC
Miami
HP
St. Johns
Binghamton
Minnesota
Colgate
Fordham
Cornell
Thanks for finding and posting.
Notice how there has been one game (Notre Dame) since Feb 1 that he hasn't been in 1st half/early 2nd half foul trouble? That's a big issue and a big reason why BMK ends up having to play more minutes than we'd like.

Thanks for finding and posting.
Notice how there has been one game (Notre Dame) since Feb 1 that he hasn't been in 1st half/early 2nd half foul trouble? That's a big issue and a big reason why BMK ends up having to play more minutes than we'd like.

I don't disagree. I know it's completely subjective, but I do think he's been victimized by some strange touch fouls of late. Not last game, but prior to that. Again, realize that's subjective. I don't think he's been out of control on defense - but he could probably should a tad more restraint like he did when Baye was out with his injury.

For the record - I would love for Rak to get as many minutes as possible and BMK only a few minutes as needed. I just get frustrated with all the BMK hate on here. Yeah he's had some clunkers this season, and was terrible vs NC st - but he also helped keep the game @ Duke close and was huge in the @ Maryland game. I still think he can help us in the tourney.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom