Yahoo! Sports - SU Hoops has drug violations | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Yahoo! Sports - SU Hoops has drug violations

Detox shakes are like 70 bucks now... and they don't work.

Also, Playmakers on ESPN came out in 2003, IIRC one of the characters had a whizzinator in that show
worked form a buddy of mine(this was probably in 2002-2003) andddd my brother (this one was more recent).

It may not have seemed like it at the time, but I think Darryl will wind up being one of the best things that ever happened to Syracuse.

I've seriously thought that from the moment he was hired. Even just the minor things he did at the start of his tenure: video boards, spruce up the Dome with orange, field turf, and decide on one athletic department logo - all simple and no brain exercises that Jake did do.

Eliminating some sports may not have made him friends, but his focus on sports that SU can actually be competitive in makes sense, and it's paying dividends with the national rankings for a lot of the Olympic sports teams. Big time programs want to win at everything. Gross wants to win at everything. Jake, didn't seem to care so much.

What is the end game with possible punishment? Are we looking at anything beyond probation and maybe a lost scholly or two?

What is the end game with possible punishment? Are we looking at anything beyond probation and maybe a lost scholly or two?
I would hope not.

The NCAA requires each player to sit in a closet and smoke until they throw up with their parents outside the door.

i can't imagine.. its some weed.

It's just not right,

An 18yo kid can join the Marines, get shot up in Iraq/Afghanistan but he can't legally have a beer in this country.
Your 14yo daughter can have an abortion arranged through her high school without your knowledge, but the same school can't give her an aspirin without your permission if she gets a headache.
People are still tossed in jail for smoking weed (I thought this stuff would be legalized 20 years ago but here we are, 2012).
You are under law, responsible for your children until they turn 21. But they can do whatever they like when they turn 18, including leaving home.

Others?

Oh no .. teenagers smoked pot while in college. THE HORROR! Think of the children people.

This is my attitude as well. I know there is a policy, but policies were made to be broken. :) If you told me the entire team was high right now I wouldn't care. If you told me all of college basketball was high right now, and you can throw Dickie V. in there as well I wouldn't care. I wouldn't want it going public or anything, but I usually just assume if I'm in the presence of a college kid - he or she is high.

I just think it's the second time this year we've been blackjacked by some writers who wanted to make headlines for themselves by bringing up something that had taken place and been dealt with years ago.

So, when the UCLA news came out...we sit up on our high horse and point with disgust. Something happens at SU, "meh, all college kids do stuff.. no biggie."

So, when the UCLA news came out...we sit up on our high horse and point with disgust. Something happens at SU, "meh, all college kids do stuff.. no biggie."
actually our friend Doug Gottlieb already grouped us in that class prior to this "groundbreaking" news.

This stuff I'm on right now might dull my mathematical abilities, but I thought Yahoo wasn't supposed to release this information for another month and 15 days...

Many thanks to Yahoo sports for that piece of journalism.
That was a piece of crap for sure. Although, I first got my head snapped around by the headlines and by the time I got to the end they assured me it is no big deal.
It is not too far off from the supermarket tablet that lures you in with the headline "Alien Boy in the Great Plains" and you read on pg 17 the picture was of a kid with lime jello on his head.

SI "named names" and appeared to have at least some validity to their story. Yahoo took something that SU informed the NCAA of years ago and decided to run it a week before Selection Sunday because they have "4 unnamed sources".

Does JB have any control over his teams? He "know's nothing" about his team?

I dont get how the school self reported this but the coach didnt know, pretty weak statement from jimmy

I "liked" your post, but let's not say "we." Sure, some people were laughing and pointing at UCLA, but there were many posters pointing out our own flaws. That was actually one of the better threads that have been on this board for quite awhile.

I dont get how the school self reported this but the coach didnt know, pretty weak statement from jimmy
that was just JB saying "F You" to the reporter. He can't come out and say it since Hurricane Gloria hit town.

It was self-reported according to Gross several years ago, so obviously JB knew.

Just like with the Fine thing, Boeheim is pleading is fifth. What's he supposed to say? "Um, yeah it's all true; in fact, Melo was high with Edelin before the Kansas game in 03"

Nothing JB could say right now would help the situation, so he's just keeping quiet.

It was self-reported according to Gross several years ago, so obviously JB knew.

Just like with the Fine thing, Boeheim is pleading is fifth. What's he supposed to say? "Um, yeah it's all true; in fact, Melo was high with Edelin before the Kansas game in 03"

Nothing JB could say right now would help the situation, so he's just keeping quiet.

I know jb knew, thats why hes dumb for saying i know nothing about that which is the quote plastered everywhere now, plead the 5th means no comment, not i dont know anything when anyone with a pulse knows you do

And jb plead the 5th during the fine saga? Your kidding right

JB should have been suspended after his initial comments in the Fine situation, after this he should step down at the end of this season. But he wants 900 wins so he will be back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom