Yahoo! Sports - SU Hoops has drug violations | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Yahoo! Sports - SU Hoops has drug violations

Funny you should mention Odom because his case was specifically the one were discussing.

Figured that, too. Can't think of many other players who were suspended for what most people thought was weed.

Given his personality, I wonder what else he was doing. He's pretty mellow.

guys, this whole story is going to hinge around the details, if they come out. No one's gonna care if it's a list of Mark Konecny, Josh Wright, Louie McCroskey, Mike Jones, DayShawn Wright, etc. If it's a bigtime player that was the 4 time failure, then it will get a lot more attention. It is also going to depend a lot on what the offending contaminant is... everyone is assuming weed, but it doesn't say specifically in the story.

If this is all they've got, then it's a dead end. If they have specifics, it's a different story entirely.

Mason
I have an idea of a couple specific players who could be damaging, one in particular

It seems to me that an AD should know the policy - I mean, he'd either be the guy crafting the policy or OK'ing it, no?

According to the Yahoo! article there was a 3-4 step process...that is probably what JC was fumbling on.

Wanna bet two of the four sources are named Davis and Lang? Would you say the timing of this is "suspicious". And most of the "criminals" cited had issues not connected to drug testing. The state of journalism today in this country is sad.
the timing is post 2001. Lang had no contact with the program at that time and Davis very little, and none for the bulk of the decade.

it ain't them.

He said he couldn't remember exactly what the policy was after a player fails a drug test. But he did say the player is informed of the failed test and continues to be retested until the test comes back clean.

"That was a while ago," Crouthamel said. "I mean, I really don't know (what the policy was). We had to continue testing him until he was clean."

Is it that hard to find clean urine?

I have an idea of a couple specific players who could be damaging, one in particular

yeah, I'm pretty sure we're both thinking of the same kid as the 4 time offender.

SU just made a statement that it does not involve any current players

According to the Yahoo! article there was a 3-4 step process...that is probably what JC was fumbling on.

I played a sport at SU. I had friends fail 3x and get kicked off the team. In 90's. It was also always rumored some guys failed a lot more and stayed. I imagine this goes on EVERYWHERE.

Statement from SU:

Kevin Quinn, Senior VP for Public Affairs, Syracuse University, released the following statement regarding the Yahoo! Sports Article:

“In accordance with NCAA regulations, it is the University’s practice to self-report possible violations to the NCAA. We self-reported issues with drug testing to the NCAA, and there is currently an ongoing inquiry. The inquiry does not involve any current SU student-athletes. To ensure the integrity of the ongoing process, we are unable to comment further at this time.”

Oh no .. teenagers smoked pot while in college. THE HORROR! Think of the children people.

Wanna bet two of the four sources are named Davis and Lang? Would you say the timing of this is "suspicious". And most of the "criminals" cited had issues not connected to drug testing. The state of journalism today in this country is sad.

Davis and Lang .. the gift that keeps on giving. Just like herpes.

I played a sport at SU. I had friends fail 3x and get kicked off the team. In 90's. It was also always rumored some guys failed a lot more and stayed. I imagine this goes on EVERYWHERE.

I played sports at LeMoyne. We never smoked, drank, or had any sexual intercourse til marriage. God I wish you cuse alumni would straighten up

And just last night I was getting a lapdance from a stripper and she smelled off weed. And now this. I am devestated at what this world is coming too.

10 years ago? Sure it was.
no it wasn't my friends were drinking some wack to clean up their piss. It was like 40 bucks a pop. I was never tested.

Mike Waters
Syracuse athletic director Daryl Gross says school self-reported possible NCAA infractions on drug policy
http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2012/03/syracuse_athletic_director_dar_1.html

Syracuse basketball program repeatedly violated internal drug policy, report says
http://blog.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/2012/03/syracuse_basketball_program_re.html

The interesting thing about the P-S article is that Gross said the violations were self-reported "years ago." Seems much ado about nothing or very little. Especially if the violations were primary from 01-04. I'm sure if we all put 15 seconds of thought we could all come up with 10 names.

no it wasn't my friends were drinking some wack **** to clean up their piss. It was like 40 bucks a pop. I was never tested.

My memory is fading. I should probably lay off the ganj.

no it wasn't my friends were drinking some wack **** to clean up their piss. It was like 40 bucks a pop. I was never tested.
Detox shakes are like 70 bucks now... and they don't work.

Also, Playmakers on ESPN came out in 2003, IIRC one of the characters had a whizzinator in that show

The interesting thing about the P-S article is that Gross said the violations were self-reported "years ago." Seems much ado about nothing or very little. Especially if the violations were primary from 01-04. I'm sure if we all put 15 seconds of thought we could all come up with 10 names.

It may not have seemed like it at the time, but I think Darryl will wind up being one of the best things that ever happened to Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom