Yale Game Thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Yale Game Thread...

I had work and family obligations tonight. Thank you for the updates. This thread was my only access to the game.

Either have to get the Old Ben back or go with Varello and give him starters reps during the week. I still believe he has to be hurt I have seen enough of Ben Williams over the last three years to know that right now that is not a 100% healthy Ben Williams.

I agree he is hurt. He does not seem to be able to put the leverage down. He clamps then waits about 6-10, then moves and the other guy pulls and wins the draw. I get that he's the man and you have to give him run but we cannot dig another hole like this on possessions. We are playing to the lower seeds strength.

Can Ben recover from this game? Going foward, we really need him to be his old reliable self.

Hes trying to play through something because he doesn't look close to his old self, hes clearly hurt I dont care what he and Desko are claiming no way he is 100%, he has never been this bad. Looked like the last guy before him at times tonight.

I would be shocked if SU didnt bring in a FOGO transfer this off-season. Varello is the heir apparent but we only have two coming in the fall and Garlow is no where near ready for Div 1 play.

He was losing the clamp all night. Maybe the shoulder is keeping him from snapping the stick down quicker. Or, Maybe Mackie was just a bad matchup.

I think it is a strength issue with his shoulder. He is doing the right things from go but does not seem to be able to handle the hard push pull.

I think it is a strength issue with his shoulder. He is doing the right things from go but does not seem to be able to handle the hard push pull.

Agreed, also the first two years here Ben won a million faceoffs via the quick pinch and pop since that ALbany injury I can't recall more then a handful of those type of wins. All people need to do is watch that ALbany game this year where he absolutely dominated Ierlan until he got hurt. There's no way hes the same player right now.

Agreed, also the first two years here Ben won a million faceoffs via the quick pinch and pop since that ALbany injury I can't recall more then a handful of those type of wins. All people need to do is watch that ALbany game this year where he absolutely dominated Ierlan until he got hurt. There's no way hes the same player right now.

Agree. He definitely pulled something in that game and has been playing through it all year. I think a rotator.

You guys are crazy. Right or wrong, Desko will roll ben out there next week and go with him as long as he can walk on the field. Have you learned nothing?

You guys are crazy. Right or wrong, Desko will roll ben out there next week and go with him as long as he can walk on the field. Have you learned nothing?

We are DEVO D-E-V-O......

Agree. He definitely pulled something in that game and has been playing through it all year. I think a rotator.

I think your right, hes trying to play through it but if he was up for it we probably should have thought about a med redshirt as he looked outstanding the first two games of the year.

Its a good thing only one stat matters, the final score, the team was dominated by Yale last night. Just looking over the box score you would think Cuse lost by 5+. They need to improve on these things if they want to win next Sunday.

GBs: 33-20
Shots: 42-29
SOGs: 25-16
Faceoffs: 18-4

Its a good thing only one stat matters, the final score, the team was dominated by Yale last night. Just looking over the box score you would think Cuse lost by 5+. They need to improve on these things if they want to win next Sunday.

GBs: 33-20
Shots: 42-29
SOGs: 25-16
Faceoffs: 18-4
Most of those stats come off the major failing, namely Faceoffs. Desko can't continue to march an obviously injured Williams out there, can he?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom