Y'all got no faith man | Syracusefan.com

Y'all got no faith man

The faith I have is in Tyus Battle and the heart this team’s shown in the past. Im not discounting the players.

It all depends on our line-up. If Frank and Oshae both play more than 25 minutes in the game we will lose. We can't score enough and are way too easy to defend. Marek has to play a ton or we are going nowhere. Our whole concept changes when he is in. We actually move the ball like a team.

I still think this is a FF team.

Check back in a month.
We have a great scorer and a good, tough to prepare for defense. Outside the top 4 teams or so everyone is beatable, so yeah I could see this.

As JB himself has said in the past. Post season success should not be the primary thing a team is judged on. That is true whether a good regular season team gets upset early in the tournament or a team with a below average regular season gets hot and makes a run.

As JB himself has said in the past. Post season success should not be the primary thing a team is judged on. That is true whether a good regular season team gets upset early in the tournament or a team with a below average regular season gets hot and makes a run.
Didn't he also say the the tournament is the only thing that matters? Sounds like coach speak to me.

Would be quite confident if we win the next two. I don’t take much away from losing against three top 10 teams.
I agree - let's see how we play against Clemson. FF teams need to be able to show they can win that game. I think we would also need to get lucky with our draw because I don't think we play with the elites in any way.

I think the key is Eli. If he starts strumming that guitar we are a different team offensively. I think the defense will be fine and Boeheim is great about coming up with a plan to beat good teams.
I could see him going Malachi Richardson in the tourney.

A favorable draw and a drastic improvement defensively could certainly get us there, but we need the perfect setup.

Eli hasn't shown the driving ability Mal had... but i'm all for that happening in the Tourney. Side thought... Can we bring in Dino for halftime speeches?

Didn't he also say the the tournament is the only thing that matters? Sounds like coach speak to me.
I don't recall him ever saying that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd like to see the quote and it's context, if that's what he said.

I think we can all agree that if Syracuse has a below average regular season that the regular season is most important and if we get bounced early in the tourney then it's the tournament that is the most important.

I think we can all agree that if Syracuse has a below average regular season that the regular season is most important and if we get bounced early in the tourney then it's the tournament that is the most important.
seems backwards to me... wouldn't the opposite be true assuming we make the tourny in average regular season years?

The same core guys went on a run to the regional title game last year.
But somehow it didn't surprise me.
They played up to their abilities.
This year it would be a big surprise.
There's been no indication they can put anything together to win 3 or 4 in a row against good teams.

Now...please prove me wrong and start with a win at Clemson.

I don't recall him ever saying that. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd like to see the quote and it's context, if that's what he said.
Here:
Boeheim was responding (and with some oomph) to an unpleasant Friday offering — that would be mine — which pointed out that the Orange's middling 53-39 record since February of 2014 had represented a dip, maybe a telltale one, when compared to the glorious 155-28 run that had preceded it.

"Those are just numbers that you put in the paper that don't mean anything," Boeheim argued. "You're putting numbers that are saying it's been a bad three years. Last year, we lost 14 games, but it was one of the five best years we've ever had since I've been coaching here because all that matters is what you do in the NCAA Tournament. That's all that matters.

"The only thing that matters in college basketball is going to the Final Four," he stated … and, if true, what a sorrow that is. "If we can lose 12 games every year and go to the Final Four every year, I'll take it. I'd rather do that than win 30 and not go to the Final Four. The Final Four is what we play for. That's what we're trying to do. That's what's important.

Depends on the draw. We would have to avoid the elite ACC teams along the way.
Besides the ACC Big three, the only other team that worries me would be Gonzaga. That said, we probably lose to some mid major.

It all depends on our line-up. If Frank and Oshae both play more than 25 minutes in the game we will lose. We can't score enough and are way too easy to defend. Marek has to play a ton or we are going nowhere. Our whole concept changes when he is in. We actually move the ball like a team.
We need Oshae to get his head out of his butt and throw up some 20/10's

I'll have faith when the program decides having a low-post scorer is actually important. For now the whole season basically comes down to the other team missing threes in the tournament.

Halftime of the Virginia game...I felt GREAT.

We’d blown out Louisville, completely outclassed Wake like we should, and been a few bad calls away from maybe knocking off UNC and Duke...and now were leading Virginia at half. Even almost midway through the half we were only down 4.

12-13 minutes of absolute bizarro world don’t change the big picture. We’ve been playing pretty well.

If we beat Clemson I’ll feel pretty good going into the conference tourney.

Halftime of the Virginia game...I felt GREAT.

We’d blown out Louisville, completely outclassed Wake like we should, and been a few bad calls away from maybe knocking off UNC and Duke...and now were leading Virginia at half. Even almost midway through the half we were only down 4.

12-13 minutes of absolute bizarro world don’t change the big picture. We’ve been playing pretty well.

If we beat Clemson I’ll feel pretty good going into the conference tourney.

well said

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com//5b643e8f-8848-449e-b45f-fe765d095f6d/d4hnr3l-9fa4df22-97d4-4b53-967f-c1bd02f52323.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzViNjQzZThmLTg4NDgtNDQ5ZS1iNDVmLWZlNzY1ZDA5NWY2ZFwvZDRobnIzbC05ZmE0ZGYyMi05N2Q0LTRiNTMtOTY3Zi1jMWJkMDJmNTIzMjMuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.3ZC1PObT1GO1nI_SHloWTwKkuPtkeYw8vhTk1QhK-Mw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom