Yeah I'm gonna say it | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Yeah I'm gonna say it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, probably right. We are putting our best players/ athletes out there. Was desperately trying to figure out the injury issue that was really impacting us. :bat:
Center position: No Chuckwu as a sub, apparently no DC to start or sub. That leaves Lydon playing out of position and T Thompson, a freshman, as his sub.

Feel free to argue your point further.

You were just telling everyone "told you so." Now it's wait till March?
Was talking to Eric15, dearie.

As for you, I was just about to ask how long you have been posting on this board, and its previous incarnations?

Was talking to Eric15, dearie.

As for you, I was just about to ask how long you have been posting on this board, and its previous incarnations?

I've been here long enough to know not to take every criticism personally. Reading your post on this board and others, you seem to struggle with this somewhat.

Dearie.

I've been here long enough to know not to take every criticism personally. Reading your post on this board and others, you seem to struggle with this somewhat.

Dearie.
Okay then!

I see we started on this board a week apart in 2011. Call that a draw.

How much further than that do you go back? Cause a bunch of the moderators here can attest that, using a different screen name, I harken back to the AOL board days, which may or may not be the original board. There may have been a Compuserve version that I'm not aware of, in the REALLY old days of Internet chat rooms.

Yeah, probably right. We are putting our best players/ athletes out there. Was desperately trying to figure out the injury issue that was really impacting us. :bat:
Matt Moyer injury caused him to red shirt
Paschal Chakwu season ending eye.
Dajuan Coleman knee problems.
Tylor Lydon Achilles' tendon
Tyus Battle foot problem.

Okay then!

I see we started on this board a week apart in 2011. Call that a draw.

How much further than that do you go back? Cause a bunch of the moderators here can attest that, using a different screen name, I harken back to the AOL board days, which may or may not be the original board. There may have been a Compuserve version that I'm not aware of, in the REALLY old days of Internet chat rooms.

I go back to one of the old board incarnations from 1999. I mostly lurked under a different handle.

So you win...I guess.

Is that the network the President sued?
Una of them. There are two of the Spanish language stations that are prominent on US cable without paying extra and I don't watch either.

Mainly cause I don't have cable now. Can't afford it, don't miss it for the most part.

Telenovelas are limited run soap operas where the drama is heightened compared to US ones, because the telenovela only lasts either 13 or 26 weeks usually to my knowledge. And there is also always a happy ending as far as I know.

US soap operas stop when they are cancelled and seldom wrap things up as a result.

Center position: No Chuckwu as a sub, apparently no DC to start or sub. That leaves Lydon playing out of position and T Thompson, a freshman, as his sub.

Chukwu proved to anyone with a set of eyes that he couldn't help us this year, unless he's going to be used to help rescue the missing cat of "Frank Howard." (It's a thread, the missing cat, in case you have no clue what I'm referring to) DC has not played well for the most part, though I said I hope he finds the court again (if healthy), to give us a couple of minutes. DC wouldn't be playing much at al if healthy because he doesn't fit into what we are trying to do. Lydon plays the 4/5 and has for both his seasons. Thompson took Coleman's starting position because he's better.

The center injuries have been no factors. Coleman and Chukwu not playing well, that's another story when looking at what we hoped we'd be getting preseason.

Thank you. I forgot Moyer completely and also Battle.

At 6'8" Moyer probably wouldn't have played center but certainly there's one less 3 or 4 in the mix.

She was referring to current injuries. Not a factor. At. All.

Last edited:
Una of them. There are two of the Spanish language stations that are prominent on US cable without paying extra and I don't watch either.

Mainly cause I don't have cable now. Can't afford it, don't miss it for the most part.

Telenovelas are limited run soap operas where the drama is heightened compared to US ones, because the telenovela only lasts either 13 or 26 weeks usually to my knowledge. And there is also always a happy ending as far as I know.

US soap operas stop when they are cancelled and seldom wrap things up as a result.

I dont have cable either(or tv), but I do enjoy watching them sometimes while leading the life of a rock star on the road. Sometimes for the humor, and sometimes for reasons you probably wouldn't particlularly approve of. (In other words, I do enjoy the cultural differences ;) ). I actually had no idea the were shorter, and no comment on the happy endings.

Thank you. I forgot Moyer completely and also Battle.

At 6'8" Moyer probably wouldn't have played center but certainly there's one less 3 or 4 in the mix.

Yep, Moyer "probably wouldn't have played center." You're right on that one. Good one.

I'm not sure anymore that Lydon is out of position at C, in the college game. He might be a defensive liability against teams like UNC last year...but he's not a great wing defender in the zone either and he's a pretty good shot blocker at the 5. Offensively, putting him at the 5 with this group often seems to negate a lot of the defensive issues...and we'd have defensive issues with anyone else at the 5 too. Coleman can't jump, Thompson gets pushed around and is out of position, and Chukwu unfortunately isn't ready for prime time yet.

We made a final four run with him mostly playing the 5. Maybe it's not ideal, but it seems to be when we play our best ball and give us our best combination offensively.

Yep.

I kid you not, I thought of you today after texting my brother a line from Mr Crowley(one of my all time favorites...playing it now). I wondered if this picture made you bitter?

iu

Last edited:
Chukwu proved to anyone with a set of eyes that he couldn't help us this year, unless he's going to be used to help rescue the missing cat of "Frank Howard." (It's a thread, the missing cat, in case you have no clue what I'm referring to) DC has not played well for the most part, though I said I hope he finds the court again (if healthy), to give us a couple of minutes. DC wouldn't be playing much at al if healthy because he doesn't fit into what we are trying to do. Lydon plays the 4/5 and has for both his seasons. Thompson took Coleman's starting position because he's better.

The center injuries have been no factors. Coleman and Chukwu not playing well, that's another story when looking at what we hoped we'd be getting preseason.

Really?

Because I went back to SWCs post pre conference net points and saw that in 9 games Chuckwu averaged 8.4 net points in about 12 minutes per game. And averaged 10 rebounds a game and 5 blocks a game. Also 5 personal fouls, but for a freshman center that's understandable, especially on a team that refs LUV to call fouls indiscriminately on.

BUT I'm not quoting the stat line here because SWC said they were based on the 9 games Chuckwu was available for and not the actual 7 he played in, so if anything they might be better.

As for DC, he was looking terrific before his knees gave out. Lost weight, looked muscular, more stamina etc. Unfortunately the damage to the knees may be irreparable, in which case coaching, teaching and lecturing is probably a wonderful option for him, especially at the JHS or even elementary school level to start, teaching the extra tall and bulky kids how to protect their knees by avoiding his mistakes!

I kid you not, I thought of you today after texting my brother a line from Mr Crowley(one of my all time favorites...playing it now). I wondered if this picture made you bitter?

iu

Nope. Huge Randy Rhoads fan too. Brilliant guitarist. Tragic death.

His act got really old. He used to come into the game threads just to find reactionary heat of the moment posts to try pick fights about. Annoying.

I enjoyed his Applebees is a better option than Dave and Busters rant greatly though.

The 311 Heaven Guys are Great

I will say this, he was the master of oblivious condescension toward longtime fans...Most of whom clearly outclassed him in dedication (and knowledge).

Yep, Moyer "probably wouldn't have played center." You're right on that one. Good one.
Both Lydon and Coleman are 6'9", just one inch taller than Moyer. And we all know these measurements are inexact, so who's to say that maybe a half inch isn't shaved or put on one player or another.

I live in NYC so don't get to the Dome to see everyone in person and was too sick last season or this to get to games even when I HAD tickets!

Such is life.

She was referring to current injuries. Not a factor. At. All.
Uh, are you a mind reader or something?

Moyer's injury definitely hurts us. As do the players who play while recovering from injuries like Battle and Lydon. And Coleman basically IS NOT playing for the moment, presumably because of the knees.

I dont have cable either(or tv), but I do enjoy watching them sometimes while leading the life of a rock star on the road. Sometimes for the humor, and sometimes for reasons you probably wouldn't particlularly approve of. (In other words, I do enjoy the cultural differences ;) ). I actually had no idea the were shorter, and no comment on the happy endings.
I'll message you

Really?

Because I went back to SWCs post pre conference net points and saw that in 9 games Chuckwu averaged 8.4 net points in about 12 minutes per game. And averaged 10 rebounds a game and 5 blocks a game. Also 5 personal fouls, but for a freshman center that's understandable, especially on a team that refs LUV to call fouls indiscriminately on.

BUT I'm not quoting the stat line here because SWC said they were based on the 9 games Chuckwu was available for and not the actual 7 he played in, so if anything they might be better.

As for DC, he was looking terrific before his knees gave out. Lost weight, looked muscular, more stamina etc. Unfortunately the damage to the knees may be irreparable, in which case coaching, teaching and lecturing is probably a wonderful option for him, especially at the JHS or even elementary school level to start, teaching the extra tall and bulky kids how to protect their knees by avoiding his mistakes!

OMG. I hate hitting the ignore button but you are baiting me to do so. Chukwu made a few dunks. Caught a few rebounds. Against smurfs. Against awful teams. He was terrible. It's not debatable. He was not ready to play against decent d-1 competition, much less ACC players. Anyone with even a sliver of basketball knowledge could see that. JB: "he's not ready to play."

DC was not looking terrific. Far from it. He was struggling in every facet. JB said today his knee issues have come and gone. You can never tell when they will be bothering him. Regardless, he had already lost most of his minutes to Thompson and Lydon because he was not doing well.

I don't want to engage you in any further fruitless conversation. I won't respond to you again in this thread (and maybe any other threads). I wish you well. I'll let you drive other people past their breaking points and will engage informed posters elsewhere. Good day, dearie.

Last edited:
I thought the book on Moyer was that he's just not physically ready. I'm not sure what he would give us if he was healthy

OMG. I hate hitting the ignore button but you are baiting me to do so. Chukwu made a few dunks. Caught a few rebounds. Against smurfs. Against awful teams. He was terrible. It's not debatable. He was not ready to play against decent d-1 competition, much less ACC players. Anyone with even a sliver of basketball knowledge could see that. JB: "he's not ready to play."

DC was not looking terrific. Far from it. He was struggling is every facet. JB said today his knee issies have come and gone. Regardless, he had already lost most of his minutes to Thompson and Lydon because he was not doing well. I don't want to engage you in any further fruitless conversation. I won't respond to you again in this thread (and maybe any other threads). I wish you well. I'll let you drive other people past their breaking points and will engage informed posters elsewhere. Good day, dearie.

You get a like for the last word in the last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom