Yeah I'm gonna say it | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Yeah I'm gonna say it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure anymore that Lydon is out of position at C, in the college game. He might be a defensive liability against teams like UNC last year...but he's not a great wing defender in the zone either and he's a pretty good shot blocker at the 5. Offensively, putting him at the 5 with this group often seems to negate a lot of the defensive issues...and we'd have defensive issues with anyone else at the 5 too. Coleman can't jump, Thompson gets pushed around and is out of position, and Chukwu unfortunately isn't ready for prime time yet.

We made a final four run with him mostly playing the 5. Maybe it's not ideal, but it seems to be when we play our best ball and give us our best combination offensively.
Fair enough. But perhaps he might like to play the position he will likely play post college for $ so as to maximize his potential revenue.

Nope. Huge Randy Rhoads fan too. Brilliant guitarist. Tragic death.

Right on! I figured you might be like some folks are when the ex-spouse remarries. Youtube had some random Ozzy stuff come up after that, ironically Flying High Again is on now. And you're right about tragic. I'd like to suplex that pilot, even if Randy was going to return to classical guitar.

Right on! I figured you might be like some folks are when the ex-spouse remarries. Youtube had some random Ozzy stuff come up after that, ironically Flying High Again is on now. And you're right about tragic. I'd like to suplex that pilot, even if Randy was going to return to classical guitar.

Ozzy exaggerated the classical stuff. "Tonight" is so underrated. Bass line and lyrics by Daisley but also guitar outro. Wow. Sad thing is that "Diary" album was rushed. Most of the solos were intended as guide tracks. Amazing.

Back to the topic at hand...uh, never mind. The topic is stupid. Wish I never responded.

OMG. I hate hitting the ignore button but you are baiting me to do so. Chukwu made a few dunks. Caught a few rebounds. Against smurfs. Against awful teams. He was terrible. It's not debatable. He was not ready to play against decent d-1 competition, much less ACC players. Anyone with even a sliver of basketball knowledge could see that. JB: "he's not ready to play."

DC was not looking terrific. Far from it. He was struggling in every facet. JB said today his knee issues have come and gone. You can never tell when they will be bothering him. Regardless, he had already lost most of his minutes to Thompson and Lydon because he was not doing well.

I don't want to engage you in any further fruitless conversation. I won't respond to you again in this thread (and maybe any other threads). I wish you well. I'll let you drive other people past their breaking points and will engage informed posters elsewhere. Good day, dearie.
I'm so devastated.

I thought the book on Moyer was that he's just not physically ready. I'm not sure what he would give us if he was healthy
An extra body in case of injuries and the growth that all intelligent players make during the year.

Injuries had literally zero to do with this teams' problems and difficulties. Not even worth discussing.

But Chukwu would be a double-double guy right now, don't you know?

:rolling:

And Moyer would've been playing some 5.

And Coleman was "looking terrific," presumably before his latest knee issues robbed him of his explosive and dominant inside play.

Oh, and Lydon's had his best run of the season in his past 7 games BECAUSE of the Achilles injury.

And Battle, it's true, was limited for a while with his foot injury, but he was still playing and shooting very well. Much better than most people anticipated.

Injuries. They've killed us. :bang::rolleyes:

Ozzy exaggerated the classical stuff. "Tonight" is so underrated. Bass line and lyrics by Daisley but also guitar outro. Wow. Sad thing is that "Diary" album was rushed. Most of the solos were intended as guide tracks. Amazing.

Back to the topic at hand...uh, never mind. The topic is stupid. Wish I never responded.

Ozzy just said "It's not how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose", and then quoted Boeheim from a couple/few games when he said, "I don't know". Maybe he could gives these guys a pep talk?

EDIT: Oddly, the song now playing is the reaction on here this thread was intended to mock: Suicide Solution.

So let me get this straight. We play 2 excellent games in a row and we're all of a sudden, some sort of great team and no one should question that? But when we play 3 absolute stinkers in a 5 game stretch that includes perennial powers Cornell and Eastern Michigan, we're just suppose to disregard those results. That makes no sense on any level.

I believe this team is getting better and the shrinking rotation seems to be the right one. But we are 10-6 and have a long way to go to sniff the NCAA tourney. Lets continue to take it 1 game at a time and not go making any proclamations. People had and still have a real right to be concerned about this team.

Ozzy just said "It's not how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose", and then quoted Boeheim from a couple/few games when he said, "I don't know". Maybe he could gives these guys a pep talk?

Could he? "I Don't Know."

I wish you two could get along. I enjoy your postings, even if I sometimes mistakenly think I disagree with each of you. It's like making me choose between my inspirations Mantonio and CuseHulk(not that Im comparing either of you to them, may they RIP, peace be unto them).
You know the "I'm so devastated" line was sarcasm, right?

Could he? "I Don't Know."

I truly laughed out loud! ...especially in his current(last 20 years) condition.

I threw my "edit" in after you read it, but youtube just played "Suicide Solution", which is the reaction this thread was mocking and I can understand. Im taking the middle path of Buddhism or something, if anyone cares.

Goodbye to Romance is on now, which also reminds me of some of the antics in this thread and on this board in general.

I liked this even though I was always more of a punk rock/hardcore/new wave/ska/alternative plus straight up 60s/70s rock kind of gal than metal. The beat is too slow for one thing.

I had to put Mr Crowley on in the background because Iommi reminded me of a text I sent to my brother this morning, which was inspired by another text I sent, "You waited on Satan's call". Actually the antics of this board literally fit that, in my opinion.

As Iommi said, "back to the topic", I think I was on record as saying this should be a much better team by the end of the season. The problem is that the record may not reflect who they are at that point, and Lunardi may have us on the outside looking in.

Team turn-around has been outstanding. Still have concerns about what will happen when we play the ACC powerhouses, but this has been an unexpected serendipity after seeing some of the early season disasters.

I will pat myself on the back a bit, as I have been saying all season long it wasn't going to happen wo Roberson playing well. He is definitely the glue. Happy to see White & Gillon & really everybody who gets to see the court also doing well.

Also, Jimmy has taken a lot of hits on this forum, and I have been amongst those thinking the game had passed him by, but he is proving he still has a few tricks up his sleeve. Hopefully, enough tricks to keep the STREAK alive, which is my immediate goal for this season. NCAA bids come and go, but a 46 year winning streak of winning seasons cannot simply be restarted that easily.

Is this person even real? Huckster 2.0.

The "I'm a better fan than you" schtick grates me more than any thing else on this site. And I post on the OT board regularly.

Team turn-around has been outstanding. Still have concerns about what will happen when we play the ACC powerhouses, but this has been an unexpected serendipity after seeing some of the early season disasters.

I will pat myself on the back a bit, as I have been saying all season long it wasn't going to happen wo Roberson playing well. He is definitely the glue. Happy to see White & Gillon & really everybody who gets to see the court also doing well.

Also, Jimmy has taken a lot of hits on this forum, and I have been amongst those thinking the game had passed him by, but he is proving he still has a few tricks up his sleeve. Hopefully, enough tricks to keep the STREAK alive, which is my immediate goal for this season. NCAA bids come and go, but a 46 year winning streak of winning seasons cannot simply be restarted that easily.
Exactly

The "I'm a better fan than you" schtick grates me more than any thing else on this site. And I post on the OT board regularly.
I really think almost everyone here is guilty of this syndrome at one point or another.

"How long have you been here? Ask the admins, I'm a better and smarter fan because I was on the aol board"

Chukwu proved to anyone with a set of eyes that he couldn't help us this year, unless he's going to be used to help rescue the missing cat of "Frank Howard." (It's a thread, the missing cat, in case you have no clue what I'm referring to) DC has not played well for the most part, though I said I hope he finds the court again (if healthy), to give us a couple of minutes. DC wouldn't be playing much at al if healthy because he doesn't fit into what we are trying to do. Lydon plays the 4/5 and has for both his seasons. Thompson took Coleman's starting position because he's better.

The center injuries have been no factors. Coleman and Chukwu not playing well, that's another story when looking at what we hoped we'd be getting preseason.
DC was playing as well as his body lets him. He even developed a fine mid-range game. His lateral mobility and jumping ability are shot. He is still a wide body that can be of use against another wide body. It's not fair to just say that he was not playing well. Remember when he ripped the ball pout of some dudes hands at the end of a game. He is all heart. After what he has been through he deserves full respect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors