Yeah I'm gonna say it

Discussion in 'Syracuse Basketball Board' started by NYCSUGrad, Jan 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad All Conference

Fair enough. But perhaps he might like to play the position he will likely play post college for $ so as to maximize his potential revenue.

2. CaptainJ

CaptainJ All American

Right on! I figured you might be like some folks are when the ex-spouse remarries. Youtube had some random Ozzy stuff come up after that, ironically Flying High Again is on now. And you're right about tragic. I'd like to suplex that pilot, even if Randy was going to return to classical guitar.

3. iommi

iommi Living Legend

Ozzy exaggerated the classical stuff. "Tonight" is so underrated. Bass line and lyrics by Daisley but also guitar outro. Wow. Sad thing is that "Diary" album was rushed. Most of the solos were intended as guide tracks. Amazing.

Back to the topic at hand...uh, never mind. The topic is stupid. Wish I never responded.

CaptainJ likes this.
  4. OrangeDW

OrangeDW Hall of Fame

LOL. That guy loved Applebees. Always found that hilarious. He worked in getting a beer at Applebees references into so many posts.

CaptainJ likes this.
  5. We Are Syracuse

We Are Syracuse All Conference

Injuries had literally zero to do with this teams' problems and difficulties. Not even worth discussing.

Doc5120 and iommi like this.
  6. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad All Conference

I'm so devastated.

7. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad All Conference

An extra body in case of injuries and the growth that all intelligent players make during the year.

8. iommi

iommi Living Legend

But Chukwu would be a double-double guy right now, don't you know?

:rolling:

And Moyer would've been playing some 5.

And Coleman was "looking terrific," presumably before his latest knee issues robbed him of his explosive and dominant inside play.

Oh, and Lydon's had his best run of the season in his past 7 games BECAUSE of the Achilles injury.

And Battle, it's true, was limited for a while with his foot injury, but he was still playing and shooting very well. Much better than most people anticipated.

Injuries. They've killed us. :bang::rolleyes:

two3zone and We Are Syracuse like this.
  9. CaptainJ

CaptainJ All American

Ozzy just said "It's not how you play the game, it's whether you win or lose", and then quoted Boeheim from a couple/few games when he said, "I don't know". Maybe he could gives these guys a pep talk?

EDIT: Oddly, the song now playing is the reaction on here this thread was intended to mock: Suicide Solution.

10. Doc5120

Doc5120 2nd String

So let me get this straight. We play 2 excellent games in a row and we're all of a sudden, some sort of great team and no one should question that? But when we play 3 absolute stinkers in a 5 game stretch that includes perennial powers Cornell and Eastern Michigan, we're just suppose to disregard those results. That makes no sense on any level.

I believe this team is getting better and the shrinking rotation seems to be the right one. But we are 10-6 and have a long way to go to sniff the NCAA tourney. Lets continue to take it 1 game at a time and not go making any proclamations. People had and still have a real right to be concerned about this team.

Cowtown, Alsacs, SoBeCuse and 5 others like this.
  11. iommi

iommi Living Legend

Could he? "I Don't Know."

CaptainJ likes this.
  12. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad All Conference

You know the "I'm so devastated" line was sarcasm, right?

CaptainJ likes this.
  13. CaptainJ

CaptainJ All American

I truly laughed out loud! ...especially in his current(last 20 years) condition.

I threw my "edit" in after you read it, but youtube just played "Suicide Solution", which is the reaction this thread was mocking and I can understand. Im taking the middle path of Buddhism or something, if anyone cares.

Goodbye to Romance is on now, which also reminds me of some of the antics in this thread and on this board in general.

NYCSUGrad and iommi like this.
  14. CaptainJ

CaptainJ All American

Yes I got it and I was indeed mildly amused, but I still wish y'all (c)ould get along.

NYCSUGrad likes this.
  15. CaptainJ

CaptainJ All American

I had to put Mr Crowley on in the background because Iommi reminded me of a text I sent to my brother this morning, which was inspired by another text I sent, "You waited on Satan's call". Actually the antics of this board literally fit that, in my opinion.

NYCSUGrad likes this.
  16. br801

br801 Hall of Fame

That was a disturbing trip down memory lane.

two3zone, CaptainJ and HOFCeluck like this.
  17. CaptainJ

CaptainJ All American

As Iommi said, "back to the topic", I think I was on record as saying this should be a much better team by the end of the season. The problem is that the record may not reflect who they are at that point, and Lunardi may have us on the outside looking in.

NYCSUGrad likes this.
  18. newmexicuse

newmexicuse Starter

Team turn-around has been outstanding. Still have concerns about what will happen when we play the ACC powerhouses, but this has been an unexpected serendipity after seeing some of the early season disasters.

I will pat myself on the back a bit, as I have been saying all season long it wasn't going to happen wo Roberson playing well. He is definitely the glue. Happy to see White & Gillon & really everybody who gets to see the court also doing well.

Also, Jimmy has taken a lot of hits on this forum, and I have been amongst those thinking the game had passed him by, but he is proving he still has a few tricks up his sleeve. Hopefully, enough tricks to keep the STREAK alive, which is my immediate goal for this season. NCAA bids come and go, but a 46 year winning streak of winning seasons cannot simply be restarted that easily.

NYCSUGrad and CaptainJ like this.
  19. Cowtown

Cowtown Adult Study Hall Overseer

:D

CaptainJ likes this.
  20. two3zone

two3zone Hall of Fame

Is this person even real? Huckster 2.0.

Doc5120 and HOFCeluck like this.
  21. HOFCeluck

HOFCeluck Living Legend

The "I'm a better fan than you" schtick grates me more than any thing else on this site. And I post on the OT board regularly.

Guinness likes this.
  22. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad All Conference

Exactly

newmexicuse likes this.
  23. NYCSUGrad

NYCSUGrad All Conference

I really think almost everyone here is guilty of this syndrome at one point or another.

24. two3zone

two3zone Hall of Fame

"How long have you been here? Ask the admins, I'm a better and smarter fan because I was on the aol board"

Doc5120 and MSOrange like this.
  25. AlaskaSU

AlaskaSU All Conference

DC was playing as well as his body lets him. He even developed a fine mid-range game. His lateral mobility and jumping ability are shot. He is still a wide body that can be of use against another wide body. It's not fair to just say that he was not playing well. Remember when he ripped the ball pout of some dudes hands at the end of a game. He is all heart. After what he has been through he deserves full respect.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.