Yes im doing this | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Yes im doing this

22-11 probably gets us in and definitely will if we beat Clemson on the road. Gonna be a tight bubble but 5-1 rest of the way is reasonable.

Teams very thin though I am not sure you can go on the road with a 6 man rotation and come away with a W. Even if you do win its gonna be a nailbiter one possession game. Shortening the rotation tonight was the right call but all of our good players had great games.

Hima can't move so I hope Cuffe and Carey are ready to give us solid 5 mins per night and let some guys rest around the timeouts.

If we win 20, I’ll be thrilled
I agree. But if we win convincingly on Saturday I will be adjusting my expectations a bit. That would feel like an important step forward coming off a huge win.

At least now that I have seen us beat a very good team I can convince myself that anything is possible in DC, though. That makes the season a little more fun.

Pitt and Wake have some brutal out of conference losses if we have a strong finish we should be able to jump ahead of them for an at large with similar records.

Pitt is on a winning streak I really don't think will continue for the rest of the season they will have some What losses. Unfortunately those two and Clemson are going to end up right around us even if we finish strong and the ACC isn't being pegged for that many bids.

Only at NC ST and Clemson move the needle. Would need to knock off 2 of duke,clemson, wake, Virginia or unc in acc tournament to be on the bubble
As one poster said, if you make the championship game, might as well just win it

Only at NC ST and Clemson move the needle. Would need to knock off 2 of duke,clemson, wake, Virginia or unc in acc tournament to be on the bubble
As one poster said, if you make the championship game, might as well just win it
If we win @ NC State and @ Clemson, we’d have 4 Quad 1 wins. I really don’t think we’d need another Quad 1 unless we lose to Notre Dame or Louisville.

If we win @ NC State and @ Clemson, we’d have 4 Quad 1 wins. I really don’t think we’d need another Quad 1 unless we lose to Notre Dame or Louisville.

@NCSU is quad 2 at the moment. Be great if they snuck into top 75 and Oregon got into top 50
and we landed 5 Q1 wins

Per Bart Tarvoik stats -

We’ve had the 2nd toughest ACC schedule to date (btw #1 is Louisville, #4 is ND and #3 is GaTech - all 3 are at the bottom of the conference). Our remaining ACC schedule is the easiest.

If you win out you’re talking 22-9 (13-7) heading into the ACC tournament. That’s near lock status.

We will most likely be favored in 4 of the remaining 6 games. If we hold serve there, including adding 2 more road wins to our resume (GaTech, Louisville) - you’d have to feel ok Entering the ACC tourney with 20 wins.

16-9 (7-7)

At georgia tech
At nc state
Vs notre dame
Vs va tech
At louisville
At clemson

They wont win their next 5, but they are all winnable, so IF they do theyd be 21-9 (12-7). We’d probably be in the bubble conversation with 1 last shot at a signature road win.

I hate myself for doing this.
Don't do this to yourself!

The dream ended w the losses to FSU & BC.

Our Net is still terrible at 85. The blowouts killed us.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Don't do this to yourself!

The dream ended w the losses to FSU & BC.
that's the prevailing thought i have but there is a path to the NCAA if this team gets hot against mediocre teams. The schedule isn't a gauntlet. I have little faith the rotation as is can accomplish a 5-1 finish. I think the more likely is 3-2 19-11 going into the ACCT which would prob mean we need to win it.

16-9 (7-7)

At georgia tech
At nc state
Vs notre dame
Vs va tech
At louisville
At clemson

They wont win their next 5, but they are all winnable, so IF they do theyd be 21-9 (12-7). We’d probably be in the bubble conversation with 1 last shot at a signature road win.

Don't hate yourself.

It's what we do. :)

16-9 (7-7)

At georgia tech
At nc state
Vs notre dame
Vs va tech
At louisville
At clemson

Sports is about undying hope.

Go 6-0 down the stretch and get to 22-9 and net will be hanging in the 60s and we very much are in in the conversation.

Struggle is we need some double digit wins in that stretch let alone to pull that unlikely run
I mean sure, but this is like a post-Thanos-finger-snap or Frodo-imprisoned-by-orcs-in-mt-doom level challenge.

Benedict Cumberbatch Reaction GIF

The next two games on the road are the key. If we lose either of those two, we are probably looking at another season where it has to be a huge ACCT run or winning it.

If we can beat a bad but dangerous Georgia Tech team where we should be 4-5 pt favorites, and then go on the road and beat NC State who we already beat once but is always a major handful in Raleigh, where we'll likely be 4-5 point underdogs, it's no longer irrational to talk tourney resume.

16-9 (7-7)

At georgia tech
At nc state
Vs notre dame
Vs va tech
At louisville
At clemson

It had to be done, and it does make sense. 6 straight wins inc UNC puts them in imo. Sweeping a very good Pitt team does not hurt either. Im not saying it'll happen but it is possible. Great win.

Here is the reality of an ncaa or nit bid

Last nights win helped our NIT bid more than our ncaa bid

I just pulled up the NET ranking, ordering the ACC teams in Order… we are the 10th ACC team in NET rankings

UNC (11), Duke (16), Clemson (29), Wake (37)should get the four NCAA bids

Then, Virginia (41) and Pittsburgh (53) will probably get the two automatic NIT bids

Then, Virginia Tech (60) and Miami (69) have good chance to get NIT at large bids or potentially the auto NIT bids, if Virginia or Pitt managed to sneak into the dance and open up their spot

Then it’s Wolfpack (80, Syracuse (85), Boston College (90) on the outside, looking in, trying to get towards the NIT ….

There’s your reality

It had to be done, and it does make sense. 6 straight wins inc UNC puts them in imo. Sweeping a very good Pitt team does not hurt either. Im not saying it'll happen but it is possible. Great win.
Pitt is up to 53 in NET after their Virginia win….it will be tough to pass them as they are up over 30 spots on us. It might be tough to watch a team we beat twice get in ahead of us, IF the ACC gets in 6 teams. And that’s a big IF

*Clemson beat NC State 3 times last year and didn’t jump them, due to their bad losses*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom