Yes, we did it for the money. Someone explain to me why that is a bad thing | Syracusefan.com

Yes, we did it for the money. Someone explain to me why that is a bad thing

Victory Lap

Scout Team
We can still play our rivals in OOC games, we still play in a high caliber hoops conference, we have much more stability and are much less likely to end up S.O.L. when the music stops, and WE GET MORE MONEY. Why is that a bad thing? Why is getting more money to invest in the school a bad thing? I don't get it. Someone please explain.

It's just that some feel strongly that there is value---of the non-monetary sort, yes, but value just the same---to league loyalty, traditional rivalries, staying the course on one's word, position, and commitment, and sticking together. Just sayin'....

I think some feel we're giving up on the best basketball conference in the nation. Sure, the ACC will become that when SU and Pitt join, but the ACC is UNC's and Duke's conference, where SU was a founding father of the Big East, a Northeast basketball conference that ran , now we're a part of the east coast conference.

It wasn't just the money it was survival of the fittest.

We have one thing the big east doesn't now.
The SEC is in the southeast and the ACC wasn't giving them any competition.

everyone likes to take the high road when its not them poised to make a decision. I fail to see a single program out there that would not have done the same thing...

everyone likes to take the high road when its not them poised to make a decision. I fail to see a single program out there that would not have done the same thing...
hell, the other programs tried and were rejected.

If you are going to get approximately three times as much money every year, you have to make the move.

The "being a BE founder", rivalries, etc. is all a smokescreen. America has less and less tolerance for making money, large sums of money. The rich are vilified as "not paying their fair share", companies are vilified for "guaging the middle-class and paying CEOs more than they're worth", and now universities are vilified because they are "destroying the essence of what's best for the student-athlete, giving up tradition and chasing the dollar". It's like I'm reading an Ayn Rand book. Success is a vilified word and status in America, and that should scare every rational person.

Loyality...ha. Such an archaic word to use today (especially in business) when everything is about the bottom line...

The "being a BE founder", rivalries, etc. is all a smokescreen. America has less and less tolerance for making money, large sums of money. The rich are vilified as "not paying their fair share", companies are vilified for "guaging the middle-class and paying CEOs more than they're worth", and now universities are vilified because they are "destroying the essence of what's best for the student-athlete, giving up tradition and chasing the dollar". It's like I'm reading an Ayn Rand book. Success is a vilified word and status in America, and that should scare every rational person.

Yup, but those doing the villifyin' always seem to be the have-nots.....

What's the revenue sharing differential from SU now in the BE to SU in 2-3-4 from now years in the ACC?

As an ACC fan (both football and basketball), I feel there are better football programs out there we could have went after besides Syracuse and Pitt! Both of these school are also overrated in hoops as well... does nothing for me! I would have preferred grabbing UCONN, at least their football program is on the rise from where it first started.

overrated in hoop?? Who is better than syracuseand Pitt in the ACC. Your 3rd place team last year was a 10 seed. We kill every ACC team we play except UNC and Duke who we split with. Try again.

As an ACC fan (both football and basketball), I feel there are better football programs out there we could have went after besides Syracuse and Pitt! Both of these school are also overrated in hoops as well... does nothing for me! I would have preferred grabbing UCONN, at least their football program is on the rise from where it first started.

what a ed statement. UConn football is on the rise? Really?

SU wins the championship just 7 years ago and they're considered overrated? oh, brother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom