You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another

The issue is you shouldn’t assume kids who have graduated will come back for another year. Unlike scholarship basketball players, most lacrosse families have to come up with a bunch of money for an additional year of school.

I wasn’t assuming anything, like I’ve said, it’s an opportunity if they want to take.

So what you're saying is we need to start a GoFundMe and then donate it anonymously to the team to use as tuition money for those that want to come back.

In all seriousness though for high tuition schools it's going to hurt the most. Maybe some have different priorities, but an extra $60k of debt wouldn't be worth coming back to try for a championship. Compare that to in-state tuition at like Albany which is what $10-12k. I still wouldn't want to take on the debt but it's more manageable. And as others have pointed out, if you finish your degree and don't plan on doing a grad year then there's no point in staying. Though I did see Ierlan and Ament reply to tweets when the news first started coming out about this.

It'll be interesting to watch and see just how they flesh everything out.

screw the concussions, breaks and contusions . you might catch corona . and that's really dangerous. right.

The concept is great - but heavy with implications as many have discussed ..Let’s just start with attack - Hiltz is not sitting for a year - he brings a lot more the the table than any of the starters ..assuming he he ready to go right away - a dodging threat that currently lacks ...who sits? cook? Probably ..Seebold is done assuming and Cook 4th guy ..the current depth chart beyond is pretty much done as they all have a minimum of two years to go before seeing time , never mind incoming ..

this scenario of another year may be the fastest way to a title ...but has a long term ripple effect

we can go up and down the field in almost every position ..witn the same issue...

in my view , Cuse is just as good next year without ..but I get the drill ...short term gain MAY be worth it but does crater longer term Issues

Increase the ships for one/next year/Season. 12.5 current level is increased to include any current scholarship Senior that wants to return. Do this for all winter and spring sports at all NCAA schools. Men and Women.

Increase the ships for one/next year/Season. 12.5 current level is increased to include any current scholarship Senior that wants to return. Do this for all winter and spring sports at all NCAA schools. Men and Women.

Basketball is a winter sport.

You really want every senior from BC, Pitt, UNC, Va Tech, Wake, Ga Tech and Miami to return?

Even though their seasons were over and none of them were denied the opportunity to have a post-season?

Final Upstate LAX Show of the year w/Beardsley:

Rumor: All the Yale seniors dropped out of school so they can reapply next year and get around the 5th year rule.

If Sowers can't stay at Princeton another year, Syracuse has a great grad school. ;)

Everyone should get another year, not just Seniors (since it was a wasted year for everyone).

Incoming freshman may be forced to redshirt.

Doesn't know if everyone will want to pay $70k tuition for another year.

PLL Draft is still scheduled, however they'll have to see which Seniors opt to return.

Final Upstate LAX Show of the year w/Beardsley:

Rumor: All the Yale seniors dropped out of school so they can reapply next year and get around the 5th year rule.

If Sowers can't stay at Princeton another year, Syracuse has a great grad school. ;)

Everyone should get another year, not just Seniors (since it was a wasted year for everyone).

Incoming freshman may be forced to redshirt.

Doesn't know if everyone will want to pay $70k tuition for another year.

PLL Draft is still scheduled, however they'll have to see which Seniors opt to return.
That's what Pannell did at Cornell when he got hurt.

So IVY seniors who graduate have another year of eligibility to play elsewhere if they wish? If so, gonna be a free agent frenzy for some
I suspect that the SU players felt they wee in a good groove and will want to continue next year. An underclassman who thinks highly of himself may bolt.

Having been in grad programs at SU and the University of Kansas (both, incidentally, having #1 sports programs right now--I feel doubly snakebit) my experience is that grad students are far more likely than undergrads to get financial support from their schools. The doctoral students in KU's Department of History, for example, were all fully funded by the school went I went through. Might this apply to our fifth year players?

The concept is great - but heavy with implications as many have discussed ..Let’s just start with attack - Hiltz is not sitting for a year - he brings a lot more the the table than any of the starters ..assuming he he ready to go right away - a dodging threat that currently lacks ...who sits? cook? Probably ..Seebold is done assuming and Cook 4th guy ..the current depth chart beyond is pretty much done as they all have a minimum of two years to go before seeing time , never mind incoming ..

this scenario of another year may be the fastest way to a title ...but has a long term ripple effect

we can go up and down the field in almost every position ..witn the same issue...

in my view , Cuse is just as good next year without ..but I get the drill ...short term gain MAY be worth it but does crater longer term Issues
Happy for seniors who may wish to return but it does affect eta's . Larger possibility of some outgoing than transfers incoming
Will be strong team next year irregardless of in/out movements because large junior core intact but harder to project beyond 2021 given fresh variables

Having been in grad programs at SU and the University of Kansas (both, incidentally, having #1 sports programs right now--I feel doubly snakebit) my experience is that grad students are far more likely than undergrads to get financial support from their schools. The doctoral students in KU's Department of History, for example, were all fully funded by the school went I went through. Might this apply to our fifth year players?
Academic money for non-revs is tricky. The safest thing from the NCAA's prying eyes is being in a program in which everyone got money in the past and still gets money. Stanford has the same funding program for doctoral students in Classics that KU has for history.

Don't know that we should read much into it as it has been a very emotional time for all these kids
All it probably means is he would like to come back (as I'm sure most senior starters feel) but no one knows how it will work for each player and their financial circumstances

Looks like this isn't anywhere on here yet. Drake Porter put this on twitter the other day. For those of you who haven't seen Wolf of Wall Street, I assure you this is very good news!
The tweet has been removed. What did it say?

Tweet said nothing. It was a picture of movie clip where DiCaprio said "the show goes on"
Tweet was sent out when NCAA said would consider extending eligibility last Friday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom