You just can't hate this team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

You just can't hate this team

They also went 9-16 last year. With that being said this team is quite likable but not good. The program is not in a good place, don’t care if we have had a couple of fluke runs
Give JB the players Cal has had, no chance they have losing seasons. Unfortunately we don’t have the players they do.

I honestly think Boeheim has done a good job with the personnel he has this year. It's a medium floor/ very low ceiling team and I think he's maximizing the team's potential. It is a testament to how good he is as a coach. I don't think they can play much better than they did tonight against high caliber teams (if you want to categorize ND as a high caliber team). You can pull up the ACC standings and draw a line and say "10% chance to win playing teams above this line" and "90% chance to win playing teams below this line" and you have this year's squad. Most coaches can't win 90% against inferior talent. The floor is always decent for Boeheim's team.
Eh the fact that he’s bagged recruiting can’t be overlooked. The fact that he won’t change scheme can’t either. We can’t even run good plays out of timeouts. I’m not impressed with his coaching this year. The offense should run through Jesse. It runs through our slow footed SG who’s rather iso ball.

I like this team. Have since pre season. I dont like the way Jim has coached them this year. I think Benny should have played significantly more in early games and been coached up vs having his confidence killed. JBs approach has been a total failure with him.
I think that Symir should have played way more and Buddys minutes should have been reduced or Joes in games unless they were shooting well. Frank should have played more early as well. Still the kids battle.
We are an athletic forward who can score off the bounce short of a bid.
I just have to laugh at the Benny excuses at this point. Yes, he would be averaging a double-double and we would have 20 wins, if only JB would have played him more.

Shia Labeouf Reaction GIF

Shortcomings and all. There are so many more athletic, talented teams with greater expectations in the past that frustrated us so much more than this team has. Coaching included. This team battles, despite their limitations. None of us are happy about the state of the program, especially with the league being as down as it is. But we are where we are.

We are Syracuse, we should never never be in a rut like we've been. Yet we are. We've all been very fortunate to have enjoyed the success over the years we might have taken for granted. However if this is our "down" time is it really that awful? I don't believe we will ever sink to BC or Pitt or even Uconn level (when the bottom fell out for them) with our resources. We will be back. Syracuse is the next tier under the blue bloods, the university invests in the program. The networks invest in the program. These last few years are just a long overdue blip that the UCLA's, Inidianas and even Kentuckys and etc. have gone through. AND we've still have not sunk as low as they had.

With all that said these kids battle. I still find myself wholeheartedly locked into these games, rooting for this team that wears our colors. Maybe the NIT is the ceiling IF we can make it. It doesn't matter. the winning season streak doesn't matter what does matter is I believe that this team is leaving it on the court and I love them for it. I think we all know the program will eventually turn it around. In the meantime I love this team and the effort they give.

Beat Duke. Go Orange.
The issue with “we are Syracuse” is that Syracuse is Jim Boeheim. There was relatively little success before he arrived. As his skills have diminished, so have the results.
When he goes, who knows where SU will go?

The issue with “we are Syracuse” is that Syracuse is Jim Boeheim. There was relatively little success before he arrived. As his skills have diminished, so have the results.
I mean we did go to a Final 4 before Jb. The tools are there for success. The dome the Melo center. The Acc. Great history and fan base.

Depends on how you determine bad. Alsacs pointed out that we haven't played a game in the Dome as a ranked team since March of 2014. That is almost impossible to comprehend.
This is it. This is the number 1 issue. We have fallen into mediocracy and stayed there. That’s my main issue with the program. We are way too much of a basketball brand to be where we are. That’s my opinion. We need change. Anyone with half a brain cell can see that if you looked at this objectively. I just think we want to know what our path going forward is at this point. Just let us know what to be excited about so we can re-juice this fan base

They also went 9-16 last year. With that being said this team is quite likable but not good. The program is not in a good place, don’t care if we have had a couple of fluke runs

That’s fine but they appear to be following that up with a top ten, possible final four-type year. Promise I’ll bump this and laugh at myself if we have those kind of results in 23.

Like I didn’t have this kind of malaise when we were getting rolled at home x2 to Umass back in 08 because it was plain as day what we had and what was coming. What is it that gives us hope that things will be better? The Boys moving on?

I mean we did go to a Final 4 before Jb. The tools are there for success. The dome the Melo center. The Acc. Great history and fan base.
1. JB was on the staff. 2. Relatively little success.

1. JB was on the staff. 2. Relatively little success.
Not the head man though. I'm not the Syracuse historian that swc is but they made some tourneys in the 50s and 60s. Won those two titles before the tourney started. Jb is 90 pct of cuse bball. Just saying no reason we can't be good when he leaves.

This thread Encapsulates the lowering of standards for Syracuse Basketball.

We are completely irrelevant in the scheme of college basketball.
However you can’t hate the team.
Nobody hates the players but the HC spent all offseason saying this team was going to be good because of experience and team chemistry.

We literally have 8 kids who can play now.
The team is medicore. It’s not unlikable but if the standards are now oh well you just can’t hate this team.
Mediocrity has been accepted.

We aren’t a top program anymore people.
You just can’t hate this team.

Nobody hates the players but the HC spent all offseason saying this team was going to be good because of experience and team chemistry.

The team is medicore. It’s not unlikable but if the standards are now oh well you just can’t hate this team.

We have good kids on our roster it's not their fault. We hate the product.

The team has improved dramatically. They would have lost to ND by like 20 six weeks ago.

Too bad the ceiling is at an all time low. If it was a higher ceiling team I'd be hopeful of pulling out a miracle and winning the ACC tourney.
Just having Edwards tonight would have been the difference . Frank the Tank somehow managed zero Fg attempts in 28 minutes and made Yale guy look like Bob Lanier

Unfortunately he’s not immortal unless pitino bites him in the neck

There's a whole lot of people that are frustrated as heck and find the status quo unacceptable that haven't accepted mediocrity also, so I've gotten a bit tired of reading that narrative from you. Those posts aren't that hard to find. This board isn't the whole fan base either.

There's a whole lot of people that are frustrated as heck and find the status quo unacceptable that haven't accepted mediocrity also, so I've gotten a bit tired of reading that narrative from you. Those posts aren't that hard to find. This board isn't the whole fan base either.
This board I think reflects the fanbase a lot closer than you think.

It hasn’t been till this year the overall frustration has finally tipped to enough.

The overall point of the OP is basically trying to spin and rationalize that expectations have been met by the tone.
Nobody hates this team. It’s just not good and people said it before the season and were called haters.

This board I think reflects the fanbase a lot closer than you think.

It hasn’t been till this year the overall frustration has finally tipped to enough.

The overall point of the OP is basically trying to spin and rationalize that expectations have been met by the tone.
Nobody hates this team. It’s just not good and people said it before the season and were called haters.
Yes there are some some that have come to accept the status quo, but again there are many that have not - even in this very thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom