Your Hottest Take? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Your Hottest Take?

yeah this one might be the champeen!

I will say that to that point in his career Rautins had been decent. He really came on strong later in the season in his junior year and had a great senior year.

At the time, I was starting to think that he was what he was...a streak shooter off the bench that averaged 7 ppg or so and didn’t do a ton else. Mookie was a touted recruit who had huge high school success at Peekskill and I was convinced that he would bring more to the table.

Lol.

Guess I mixed up which one was the one dimensional streak shooter and which one had the all around game.

Not my personal take, and never was. But I'd recall where many fans, especially prior to the nc, would say that JB was a really good recruiter but not a good coach...Probably one of the hottest takes I've ever heard over the years...

Not my personal take, and never was. But I'd recall where many fans, especially prior to the nc, would say that JB was a really good recruiter but not a good coach...Probably one of the hottest takes I've ever heard over the years...
I’d wager that before 1996 most SU fans that i know, didn’t like JB at all. They thought he always had great recruits, would win his obligatory 23 games each year, semifinals of the BEast tournament, & then get bumped in the 2nd round of the ncaa’s.
I had arguments w/ friends who’d say: “All he does is win- Boeheim sucks”! :p

I was crucified rak’s junior year for suggesting he deserves 75% of the minutes over baye and was developing slowly due to poor guard play and not enough minutes.

But this threads about awful H0T Takes, so here’s another:

I thought Howard was the next MCW and would leave after his sophomore year.

Oh how different that turned out.

I was crucified rak’s junior year for suggesting he deserves 75% of the minutes over baye and was developing slowly due to poor guard play and not enough minutes.

But this threads about awful H0T Takes, so here’s another:

I thought Howard was the next MCW and would leave after his sophomore year.

Oh how different that turned out.

I did say in November or December of 2011 that Rakeem was the most talented underclass Syracuse power forward since John Wallace. I think. Maybe the comp was Hakim, but I think I said Wallace.

On one hand, that's going to look like one of the most outlandish claims in this thread.

On the other, I believed it at the time and have never stopped believing it.

Bad hot take - We should join the B10 instead of the ACC.

Good hot take - Katie Kolinksi will be an assistant coach next time there is an opening on our bench.

That'd be pretty neat. Great pub for the school, and if Boeheim thinks she's worthy I trust his take.

However, I'm confused as to why she seems to have adopted Gerry McNamara as her mentor for appropriate facial expressions. She always looks furious on the bench.

That'd be pretty neat. Great pub for the school, and if Boeheim thinks she's worthy I trust his take.

However, I'm confused as to why she seems to have adopted Gerry McNamara as her mentor for appropriate facial expressions. She always looks furious on the bench.

Can't imagine her on the recruiting trail.

I wanted Donte Greene to leave. I thought he was just a chucker that put no effort into trying to create easier shots for himself or the team.

The fact that he was still a freshman and the team lacked depth could have well been the reason for that. So maybe I was too harsh.. or maybe not. I am just less definitive about it now,

Totally hear ya but he is who you thought he was.

Two for me:

GMac was a superior player to JJ Reddick and do better in the NBA.

Dave Johnson would be a perennial all star.

Related, after seeing Cuse destroy James Harden I wondered what all the fuss was about. (I guess this makes three)

We all have dumb posts and reactionary opinions. What was your dumbest?

I was urinated about the loss at Rutgers in late January 2003 (on the Herve' Lamizana banked 3). I was especially distressed about Carmelo's uninspired trip up the court and heaved 3 that ended the game. The next day, I scoffed to someone that his play was really disappointing and he wasn't ready for the NBA. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom