Your Official SU-Louisville Game Thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Louisville Game Thread

Why is it embarrassing? Pitino is a absolute great coach. Always has been. Jb had great records against knight, Izzo, Huggins, and others. Was that embarrassing to them or their fans?

Because the game aren't even close.

Boeheim really never beats Pitino it's ridiculous. This year has been so up and down I really can't wait until it's over with.
Really? You have watched this team since January 1 and you can't wait till it's over?

And a Syracuse/UL game wouldn't be complete without the Donovan Mitchell requisite sick dunk. Of course we have nobody ever back there defending lobs...sigh.

Did anyone really expect a win today?

No, but I was hoping we'd play a lot better than this. Play ok and lose? Fine. Play horrible and get beat by 20? Not ok. I'd like to be confident in a win over GT but I don't know what will happen. Probably will go down to the wire. Hopefully we can pull it out.

Why aren't we ready to play on the f$&&&n road
1. It's really tough to win on the road in college hoop. 2. We start two freshman. Freshman have always struggled on the road in college hoop.

We are what we are, folks. We can't defend or rebound. Let's beat GT, get in the NCAAs and then hope to steal one game there. Then declare victory and wish for better next year.

You pretty much nailed it

No, but I was hoping we'd play a lot better than this. Play ok and lose? Fine. Play horrible and get beat by 20? Not ok. I'd like to be confident in a win over GT but I don't know what will happen. Probably will go down to the wire. Hopefully we can pull it out.

Agreed. I didn't expect a win today but I was hoping to be competitive and to have more confidence coming out of it

It's night and day road/home for us - add in the fact that it's Senior Day and a game we will have to win to get into the tourney. I think we will win pretty handily honestly.

Why is it embarrassing? Pitino is a absolute great coach. Always has been. Jb had great records against knight, Izzo, Huggins, and others. Was that embarrassing to them or their fans?
Knight: I only remember two games. One of them was a loss.
Huggins never had our recruits. I could beat Nico Rosberg if I have a Mercedes and he's driving a Yugo.

But your point... is a good one.

Worst defensive performance by SU since the BC game at BC. Press gave up twice as many points as it got for the team. Thompson ridiculously ineffective inside. Gillon playing matador defense. Can Boeheim work a miracle in 6 days?

Agreed. It doesn't help that there is nearly a week to build up to that game. Note to self: stay away from this board this week.

1. It's really tough to win on the road in college hoop. 2. We start two freshman. Freshman have always struggled on the road in college hoop.

True. And some times 5th year transfers don't play all that well on the road either.

Knight?

I only remember two games. One of them was a loss.
Huggins never had our recruits. I could beat Nico Rosberg if I have a Mercedes and he's driving a Yugo.

I believe JB beat Knight when he was at Texas Tech

We are what we are, folks. We can't defend or rebound. Let's beat GT, get in the NCAAs and then hope to steal one game there. Then declare victory and wish for better next year.
I disagree. Not about not defending or not rebounding. We get in the NCAA, let's see the draw. We got rolled by g-town at the end of '13 and everyone had us dead. Final four. We held our breath on selection Sunday and what was the result? Final four. We get in. We can just about beat anyone on a given night. Of course, other than a 16 seed, there isn't a team in the tournament that can't beat us either.

Knight?

I only remember two games. One of them was a loss.

The MSG Douglas hike to Thompson game. We definitely beat Indiana in the late 90s in a early season tourney too. We beat Texas Tech when he was their coach too. That's 3-1 from what I remember.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom