Your Official SU-Louisville Game Thread | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Louisville Game Thread

If you think this team is bad just wait for next year.
I'm with you man. But next year the expectations will be tempered. I think Battle and TT with another offseason will be formidable offensively. I think people are really underrating Brissett and Sidibe; we get Moyer and Chukwu back. We still need a PG. But next year will be fun. A bunch of underclassmen with potential.

Knight: I only remember two games. One of them was a loss.
Huggins never had our recruits. I could beat Nico Rosberg if I have a Mercedes and he's driving a Yugo.

But your point... is a good one.
Well, then you have a poor memory. We beat Knight in hawaii, in alaska, and in Nyc. I'm pretty sure there is another one in there as well. I think it is 5-1 good guys. All at Indiana.

1. It's really tough to win on the road in college hoop. 2. We start two freshman. Freshman have always struggled on the road in college hoop.

It's almost March dude. I thought they would lose today by around 10 or so but didn't expect to be embarrassed from start to finish pretty much. The two freshmen starting shouldn't be an excuse when it is almost March.

Hopefully Hop was taking notes.

We need to recruit players who are long, athletic and STRONG.

Men vs. boys today.

The MSG Douglas hike to Thompson game. We definitely beat Indiana in the late 90s in a early season tourney too. We beat Texas Tech when he was their coach too. That's 3-1 from what I remember.
Yeah. I was joking, that I remember two games and only one of them was important.
I thought, though, that The Hike was in Alaska?

I disagree. Not about not defending or not rebounding. We get in the NCAA, let's see the draw. We got rolled by g-town at the end of '13 and everyone had us dead. Final four. We held our breath on selection Sunday and what was the result? Final four. We get in. We can just about beat anyone on a given night. Of course, other than a 16 seed, there isn't a team in the tournament that can't beat us either.
You're right. But I think in the past our zone defense has stifled opponents. This year - the zone is pedestrian and if we get into the tournament; it's highly unlikely that a defense would be apart of us advancing. We can be potent offensively and perhaps we could be effective on D vs. a younger team that isn't familiar with a zone. But this year is different than years past.

It's almost March dude. I thought they would lose today by around 10 or so but didn't expect to be embarrassed from start to finish pretty much. The two freshmen starting shouldn't be an excuse when it is almost March.
It's not an excuse. It is just the way it is. March or no March.

I disagree. Not about not defending or not rebounding. We get in the NCAA, let's see the draw. We got rolled by g-town at the end of '13 and everyone had us dead. Final four. We held our breath on selection Sunday and what was the result? Final four. We get in. We can just about beat anyone on a given night. Of course, other than a 16 seed, there isn't a team in the tournament that can't beat us either.

Anything is possible. That's the beauty of the NCAA tourney. I'm talking about expectations. Mine are low for good reason. Teams that can't defend or rebound are like dogs that chase cars on the freeway. It doesn't end well. People understate the level of defense and rebounding that G and Cooney provided last year. That team was flawed for sure but they rebounded and defended much better than this year's squad. Not even close.

Men vs. boys today.

Bringing in a guard (preferably 2) and an actual shooter for next year would be a nice start.

We will be better next year.
Only if we get a great 5th year grad PG. Hopefully we will. Any team with Howard playing 35 minutes isn't going to be a good team.

Anything is possible. That's the beauty of the NCAA tourney. I'm talking about expectations. Mine are low for good reason. Teams that can't defend or rebound are like dogs that chase cars on the freeway. It doesn't end well. People understate the level of defense and rebounding that G and Cooney provided last year. That team was flawed for sure but they rebounded and defended much better than this year's squad. Not even close.
It's also about breaks that you don't control. we could have lost to the Zags or Virginia very easily. We could lose early this year very easily. I just hope and expect us to get there and let's see what happens.

Men vs. boys today.

Hopkins: why isn't he on the bench next to JB? I'm bothered by him being down the bench, which I interpreted as a contributing factor to him being not so good in certain situations last year when he replaced JB. Wish he was closer to all the in-game thoughts and 'strategery' — like Capel is with K.

Only if we get a great 5th year grad PG. Hopefully we will. Any team with Howard playing 35 minutes isn't going to be a good team.
I honestly don't expect Howard to be here next year.

Bringing in a guard (preferably 2) and an actual shooter for next year would be a nice start.

Yup. I'm thinking about a long term recruiting plan. We just get manhandled by teams like Carolina and Louisville. We recruit long and athletic but rarely is "strong" a part of that equation.

It's not an excuse. It is just the way it is. March or no March.

Um, no. UCLA went in with a bunch of freshmen into the McKale Center and won last night. We should not be getting embarrassed like this on the road with a Tourney berth still up in the air.

We will be better next year.
We can always hope but I don't see it unless there are three or four star grad transfers available and willing to come here to save the day.

...and one of those freshmen was one of the only points of light on the floor for us.

Hopkins: why isn't he on the bench next to JB? I'm bothered by him being down the bench, which I interpreted as a contributing factor to him being not so good in certain situations last year when he replaced JB. Wish he was closer to all the in-game thoughts and 'strategery' — like Capel is with K.
I honestly don't think that makes one bit of difference

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom